I have had a Passport bought from AT&T for about 2 years. It is on its last legs and I have been trying to work through the bugs for the past several months waiting on a Keyone.

My issues are many, but the primary ones being GPS is very spotty, browser freezes on about a 3rd of the web pages (including Uber every time now) that I visit, Waze launches successfully about 10% of the time, and the usual problems with apps not working well.

Is there anything that can be done to rejuvenate my Passport to buy me a couple of more months? I don't think that I will make it more than a couple more weeks without throwing the phone against a wall out of frustration and lack of a time frame on when I will be able to get a Keyone.

I dislike touch screen keyboards and I have tried an iPhone in the past and didn't care for it. At this point, I am about to get an iphone because of my frustration with the Passport.

I am not a "super user" by any means - I simply need my phone for communication and basic apps while I am traveling, i.e. Uber, airlines, rental cars, etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    06-02-17 03:38 PM
    Waze launches successfully about 10% of the time,
    The first thing you can do is get rid of Waze. It has been my experience that Waze is absolutely brutal on the Passport (and all BB10 devices). It is a major resource hog on the device. In general, remove ALL android apps that you really are not using. Give your Passport a spring cleaning with all unused apps, BB and android alike. I am willing to bet that you have dozen{s} on your device that you rarely use. Also test out any mobile web sites that you can put on your desktop instead of using the android app version. Case in point: the Expedia mobile web app is quite good as is the PayPal mobile web experience. HomeAway and AirBnb also has a great mobile web app experience. I am using those instead of android apps (which do work, but slow down my device IMHO). Obviously, the fewer apps you have on your device the smoother it will run. Try some of the web shortcuts and if you don't like the experience (which you may not), you can always download and install your apps again. No big deal. If you are not satisfied, move on to a different device.
    06-02-17 07:01 PM
    I agree with the advice to put your Passport on an app diet. I'd recommend taking a good look at the Device Monitor screens, especially Battery, Storage, and Memory, to help give you clues regarding which apps are hogging resources. I too found that Android apps were special culprits, especially when it comes to sucking battery life if background running is not turned off. Not that this is necessarily the cause of your crashes, but I have found that keeping memory usage at device boot down to 1.5GB for all processes seems to result in faster app loads and responses.

In case you don't gain enough improvement by deleting apps, it may be worth your while to wipe and reinstall. While that sounds drastic, I'd bet you'd start loving your Passport all over again. Good luck.
    06-02-17 09:31 PM
    Agree all above. My ATT PP is as old as yours. I run very few droid apps and it works great on 10.3.2.

What OS are you running?

For maps and driving Nav, Genius Maps is the best on BB10, IMO. Expensive though and the license you buy will not be transferable to K1.
    06-03-17 02:15 AM
    Thanks for the input. My memory usage is 1.5 gb used / 1.5 gb free and CPU usage has peaked out at 35% over the past 2 days. Total device memory used is also only about 50% used.

Software model is 10.3.3.1463

I don't have many apps installed - only the ones that I really need.

Sorry for the ignorance, but how would I wipe and reinstall?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 07:20 AM
    Thanks for the input. My memory usage is 1.5 gb used / 1.5 gb free and CPU usage has peaked out at 35% over the past 2 days. Total device memory used is also only about 50% used.

Software model is 10.3.3.1463

I don't have many apps installed - only the ones that I really need.

Sorry for the ignorance, but how would I wipe and reinstall?

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you have a backup for everything you don't want to loose from contacts to documents to pictures. There are so many thing that we take for granted that are on our phone and sometimes when we have to wipe or change phones we are surprised things we need are not there anymore.

To wipe the phone make sure it's fully charged and do a hard reset just before you start by holding down the power button until you see the BlackBerry light up the screen again.
    Also the most important thing to do is to verify you have and know your BlackBerry ID. You can turn BlackBerry Protect off or go to the website and check that you can access your device and settings through the website. If you do not do this and you forget the correct username and password you will lose access to that device and never be able to use it again.

Go into Settings / Security / Security Wipe. You should have it plugged in just in case.

Hope this helps good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-03-17 09:40 AM