I played around with a Passport today at a local Telus store. I'm getting this for my Birthday in two days. I have an unopened iPhone 6+ and was going to try that, but, I'm a diehard BB user and want to get the Passport instead. My question is this: I tried downloading Snap on my Z30 (with an iMac) and got about three quarters of the way but then kept getting errors and couldn't finish it.

I really want to add Snap to the Passport as the Apps I saw today were pretty underwhelming. Having Snap would make a world of difference. Is there anyone here who has downloaded Snap for the Passport, that could give point form instructions on how to load it. I really need the simplest, dumbed down set of instructions to follow, as I was not able to download it on my Z30. I have Good eReader installed so I've had some success with certain Google Apps, but I've read and heard that Snap is the best.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm going to go to Telus tomorrow to get the Passport. I confirmed with the store Manager today that Telus would unlock it as soon as I pay the off contract price in the store.

Thanks in advance!
    09-29-14 06:33 PM
    First step would be to follow the directions on this official post on crackberry. titled "How to use snap on blackberry 10.2.1" sorry can't link it, not enough posts to crackberry, site won't let me lol

If for some reason (like me) the IP address is not recognized try going to "Settings" connect to wifi, then go to About in settings, choose the category "Network" and type in the IPv4 listed under WI-Fi. use that IP to connect to the phone. Be sure to follow the steps listed in the link. Message me if it works, etc.! (Oh and if you get Instagram to work let me know!) And yeah I have a Passport phone, so let me know
    09-29-14 06:46 PM
    09-29-14 06:46 PM
    The article lists the steps in bullet form
    09-29-14 06:47 PM
    Yep, use the thread...it's like following the bouncing ball!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-29-14 06:49 PM
    Will try tomorrow. No issues using an iMac vs PC?
    09-29-14 07:15 PM
    I used a PC to install mine, the article states that you can use Mac too. Btw in my posts I was referring to the google chrome extension setup
    09-29-14 07:19 PM
    Yup. This works exactly as described. I have had snap on both my z10 and z30 since it became possible and just installed it on my z30 (running 10.3) a couple of hours ago.

Had momentary issues connecting phone to pc, but a restart of the phone solved that.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.0.1154
    09-29-14 07:49 PM
    Search forums for Sideload.it. It allows her to install Snap and other .bar files without the need of a computer.. cheers..

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:59 PM
    Okay, tried again tonight on 2 computers, one Macbook, other PC. Still nothing! Can't even detect my Z30! I'm giving up on this. Anyone in the Barrie area that would like to make a quick $10.00, I'll pay someone to load Snap on my Passport either tomorrow or Friday. I'm good with computers, but this is beyond frustrating. Nothing works. And yes I did follow the instructions put in the article by Blaize. I'm stumped.
    09-30-14 12:46 AM
    Can anybody help me install snap on my bb passport? Been trying to install it using laptop and pc but always unsuccessful. I tried installing it via BB playbook manager and Sachesi but unfortunately it still can't. Can't figure out why it can't be installed on my handset.
    09-22-15 08:40 PM
    Can anybody help me install snap on my bb passport? Been trying to install it using laptop and pc but always unsuccessful. I tried installing it via BB playbook manager and Sachesi but unfortunately it still can't. Can't figure out why it can't be installed on my handset.
    Did you follow the instructions exactly? If so, there is no reason why it wouldn't work.
    When I installed it on my Z30, I've never done anything like it before. I also wouldn't consider myself a very 'techy' person.
    09-22-15 09:47 PM
    Are you sure that your data cable is not faulty? Have you tried another cable? Make sure you rule out the phone hardware as a possible problem before proceeding. There is no reason why your phone would not be recognized unless the cable or USB jack on the phone is faulty.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-22-15 10:04 PM