I bought my PPSE inJune 2016 but barely used it.
    Last week, I found my old passport (Black one) was ready for its retirement and I started to use PPSE.

Unfortunately, I'm finding this device reboots itself from time to time.
    I've gone through almost all the posts here and found this is a common issue for PPSE users. However, I don't find any solution to this problem.

Since I bought it a year ago, there isn't warranty.
    Now my phone is running os 2205 (Software1463).

I wonder how the old timers deal with this issue (after they posted those posts).
    Please help... I wish to go on using it as least one more year because I can't do without a Passport.
    03-06-18 08:09 PM
    Run an autoloader on it to reinstall the OS, should fix it. If not, likely something with the hardware gone bunk. You can find the latest autoloaders here - https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...rchive-943672/
    03-06-18 08:21 PM
    Thanks. Will try it later.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-18 08:46 PM
    I have the same problem with my NEW bought passport silver edition. Even after two times running autoloader and starting from scratch it reboots from time to time.

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    03-07-18 03:12 AM
    I have the same problem with my NEW bought passport silver edition. Even after two times running autoloader and starting from scratch it reboots from time to time.

Any particular app that may cause issues?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-18 03:19 AM
    I've just learned a possible solution. My friend's boss had the same rebooting issue before on his PPSE, and he had the battery replaced. Since then, he never encountered the issue again.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-18 04:31 AM
    Any particular app that may cause issues?

Posted via CB10
    After going through all the related posts on the Internet, I won't assume it's Apps that cause this issue (neither do android apps). I've renewed the os on my phone several times, but I don't see it helps.

Many PPSE users have mentioned that the batteries of their phones keep draining even when the phones are off. Same as mine. So the battery could be the cause of everything.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-18 04:42 AM
    My battery is pretty new so idk. But it doesn't happen so often so it's not such a big deal for me

03-07-18 09:55 AM
    Let me update my situation. I've replaced the battery with a new one by myself. However, after seven hours, my phone rebooted while I was using it. So... battery may not be the cause of everything.

So far, I really don't know what really causes the issue.
    I'm a loyal user to BB.
    It's really a shame that PPSE works like this.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-18 08:32 AM
    Let me update my situation. I've replaced the battery with a new one by myself. However, after seven hours, my phone rebooted while I was using it. So... battery may not be the cause of everything.

So far, I really don't know what really causes the issue.
    I'm a loyal user to BB.
    It's really a shame that PPSE works like this.

Posted via CB10
    As a test, for a few days after a clean OS load do NOT add any apps to your device. See if the device reboots. If not, add apps slowly one at a time.
    03-08-18 08:40 AM
    As a test, for a few days after a clean OS load do NOT add any apps to your device. See if the device reboots. If not, add apps slowly one at a time.
    It's a good idea. Thank you.
    I'll try it next time I feel like renewing the os.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-18 11:51 AM
    It's a good idea. Thank you.
    I'll try it next time I feel like renewing the os.

Posted via CB10
    What I had in my mind but at the moment couldn't organize it as it should be!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-18 03:31 PM
    Recently, I've encountered reboots (on different days) several times while playing music stored on SD card. I suspected SD is to blame for everything, so I formatted it, and then restored my data back onto it.

I hope it's going to solve the issue once and for all.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-18 11:35 AM
    I'm fed up with the phone and I've purchased a KeyOne.
    The end.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-18 08:42 AM
    LOL xD so nothing helped?

03-13-18 04:35 PM
    I'm fed up with the phone and I've purchased a KeyOne.
    The end.

Posted via CB10
    Good hope it work for you!
    BT this is just wiping the question not finding answer to it!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 02:14 PM
    I gave my PPSE a clean wipe and left it on. I didn't download any android apps. So far, it hasn't rebooted itself yet. Still checking on it from time to time and I'm going to give it to my father.

I have no idea what really causes the phone to reboot. Having disassembled my PPSE and replaced it with a new battery, I'm convinced that it's a software issue.

It's really a shame that we PPSE users are left here to save our problems.
    03-14-18 02:59 PM
    I gave my PPSE a clean wipe and left it on. I didn't download any android apps. So far, it hasn't rebooted itself yet. Still checking on it from time to time and I'm going to give it to my father.

I have no idea what really causes the phone to reboot. Having disassembled my PPSE and replaced it with a new battery, I'm convinced that it's a software issue.

While understanding you're frustrated, who should be solving problems with old devices of companies no longer in business?

Honestly, BB exited hardware. Before exiting, BB honored warranty obligations with BB10 devices. At some point, everyone should understand exited means "left the building" or "left town" or whatever other phrase can be said meaning the same thing.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-14-18 03:10 PM

My first instinct is to say it's an app problem. Something you had on there was causing a problem. My second thought is a bad sd card (if you have one) and my third thought is a motherboard failure. You could also download and run the BBVE app just to rule out some hardware problems.
    03-14-18 03:58 PM