I am well aware of this issue with the IMEI numbers and actually started a thread and spoke with an AT&T higher up rep and said I could even use my mother's Z10 IMEI number if I am not receiving LTE while she is using at the same time. He was very knowledgeable regarding many things including BB10. He did state though that he does not see AT&T carrying the Passport anytime soon, but that they will support it and if I use the Passport's IMEI number I will receive LTE with a software update, but he actually recommended just giving the other number if I do not want to wait for LTE. Thanks though! I am just taking this as a sign that I was meant to get the Passport. I was actually contemplating not signing for it and refusing it for a refund due to the LTE issue and switching to AT&T from unlimited data. At this point, I need a phone and the Passport is my first choice and still waiting on it to arrive. Will likely activate tomorrow. Can't wait for it and hoping the Z30 will be able to be backed up via link once I receive my cord and mouse through Amazon. Thanks though!
    Awesome! Hope you get your Z30 issue sorted out!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:48 PM
    Awesome! Hope you get your Z30 issue sorted out!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Can't wait to get the Passport up and running. I feel lost without my phone. Funny how that works. I feel like I have no idea what is going on in the world lol. Would have my Z10, but convinced my sister to upgrade her iPhone 5s to the Z10 lol.

Just ordered a USB mouse from Amazon along with the link provided for the cord, will be here tomorrow with next day shipping! I am really hoping that this works as I clearly overpaid for the shipping, but hey what's another 30 bucks ($30 total with S&H). Thanks again to everyone and will keep you all posted :-)
    10-06-14 02:54 PM
    Not working! Ahhh... Just received the mouse and the connector and looking at it through the HDMI TV it says "USB device inserted"... but nothing after that... I do not see a cursor... Thoughts??? Really need to activate my Passport, will I still be able to access the Z30 password keeper after putting BBID and setting up Passport?

I am not sure what I am doing wrong... I turned the phone on... plugged in to port with mouse connected (which is lighting up red) and received a "USB device inserted" message... but no way to swipe up to get to the password screen?

Thanks again. This has been so exhausting.
    10-07-14 03:06 PM
    If you can see a mouse cursor on the screen, try bringing it to the bottom or sides of the screen to see of you get a little arrow with a line to signify a swipe. If you get this, click the mouse and see if it works like a swipe. I don't have the capability to test this on a Z30, but with a PlayBook and BlueTooth mouse, bringing the cursor to the edges of the screen bring up a different cursor which signifies a swipe.
    10-07-14 03:15 PM
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I just manually went through the Z30 and got over 100 passwords off of the PK thanks to the mouse and the connector + HDMI as a guide. I feel so relieved. I also just got back from activating my Passport and will start a new thread on that as I wanted to share some info. I really owe each and every one of you for helping me with this. Thank you all again!!!
    lotuslanderz and QXS like this.
    10-07-14 10:37 PM
    In case somebody else has the same problem and comes across this thread, how did you solve your problem?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:57 PM
    In case somebody else has the same problem and comes across this thread, how did you solve your problem?

Posted via CB10
    You really don't like reading, do you?
    10-08-14 01:58 PM
    You really don't like reading, do you?
    Can you quote the part of the thread where he tells us how he got the phone unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:02 PM
    If you can see a mouse cursor on the screen, try bringing it to the bottom or sides of the screen to see of you get a little arrow with a line to signify a swipe. If you get this, click the mouse and see if it works like a swipe. I don't have the capability to test this on a Z30, but with a PlayBook and BlueTooth mouse, bringing the cursor to the edges of the screen bring up a different cursor which signifies a swipe.
    He has done it with your help.... the way you described..... I see what you did there though;-)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-08-14 02:06 PM
    He has done it with your help.... the way you described..... I see what you did there though;-)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    I wasn't trying to suggest that I was looking for thanks.

It was not clear whether he got the mouse to work to unlock the phone or used BlackBerry Protect to unlock the phone.
    10-08-14 02:08 PM
    Just to clarify, I used the USB mouse. When I first connected it I received "USB device inserted" (if I remember correctly), but tried and tried to find the cursor without any luck using the HDMI TV as a guide (unresponsive screen with locked picture password).

After rebooting and unplugging multiple times for some reason the cursor appeared. Maybe I was being a little impatient and would have worked immediately if I gave it some time, but yes if anybody suffers the same issue where the screen is broken or unresponsive and need access to the contents this method is what worked as was mentioned.

I appreciate the help from everyone giving advice, supplying the Amazon link for the connector which I overnighted and had the next day, and just letting me know a regular USB mouse would work. Appreciate those that verified I could plug and swipe up from the date/time screen to get to the picture password and unlock, and finally the pictures posted were of great help in my understanding as I was not even aware of this feature.

This was after link, protect, and all options failed besides attempting to replace the screen. Luckily my Passport arrived the next day as well. Hope that helps clarify what I ended up doing and thanks to those that contributed. All of my passwords are safe!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:25 PM
    I never exported the passwords or backed up the phone. That was the plan last night :-( ... So my BBID and redownloading the app onto the Passport with the same master password would not restore my passwords ughhhh frustration... I know it is my own fault for not backing it up sooner, but I have never had a problem with any BBs dropping etc. but no excuses... You say you have a picture password, but when you connect to link with a locked phone it is not prompting you that "this device is locked, please enter your password on the device"... maybe I need an updated link even though the BB reps stated link does not support picture password, I still have my initial numeric password. I will check that. Thanks for any help!
    I have picture password and a device password. When I connect to link, a pop up on the PC asks for the device password. After I can access back ups, create a back up etc. You are OK

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3.0.xxxx
    10-08-14 05:33 PM
    I have picture password and a device password. When I connect to link, a pop up on the PC asks for the device password. After I can access back ups, create a back up etc. You are OK

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3.0.xxxx
    That is what a few have said, but for some reason link kept stating that the device is locked and to unlock from the device to use link. I contacted BlackBerry multiple times and each rep stated link does not support the picture password. Not sure why I was unable to put my numeric password in, but the popup prompted me to unlock the device and would not connect to link.

Anyway, the USB OTG worked fine for what I needed most and am happily using my Passport on AT&T LTE with a new SIM card and the Passport's IMEI number so I do not believe that is an issue anymore regarding IMEI numbers and getting LTE. I was told that AT&T had "worked on" making sure the Passport IMEI numbers were getting LTE. Maybe too many complaints, etc. I have no idea and again it was from a company store employee so it could be taken with a grain of salt, but seems like many are getting LTE now without having to use different IMEI numbers.
    10-08-14 05:46 PM
63 123