There's hope. When you get your Passport and connect to Link, like with other BB10 devices, it should ask if you want to transfer data from one phone to another.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:27 AM
    Usually when you set up the picture password. You have the numeric password/normal password to accompany it, for when your picture password doesn't work, and connecting to Link/File sharing etc. I've always connected to link with my normal password with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:46 AM
    If your most worried about retaining your passwords from password keeper and you can see your screen through an HDMI connected screen then you can open Password Keeper and in the options you can export your passwords to an SD card. You can even password protect that file. Unlocking the device through LINK would require your password. If you had a 4-5 digit numeric password you would use that. If you only had a worded password you use that. Picture password is only for use on the device itself. Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:56 AM
    I still think you are doing something wrong with link or maybe you just need to reboot the phone if the phone is in the enter password screen.

Disconnect the phone from the PC, press the power button for about ten seconds to shut the phone down. Once you are sure it is shut down, restart the phone. Once you think the phone is rebooted, try link again.

Posted via CB10
    I wish link would ask me for the numeric password. I am positive the phone was rebooted multiple times. When I connect to HDMI I can see the initial screen when the phone starts up, not the screen where I would put in my picture password. After rebooting I wait and click the button on the top of the phone and the date/time is shown on the phone, I have to swipe from the bottom to get to the picture password screen. I really wish link would ask for the numeric password. It would solve everything.

To update everybody else and clarify a bit, the screen is unresponsive or I could open the password keeper via HDMI and use that or link. The problem is I cannot get an initial swipe up after hitting the top button of the phone to get to the date/time screen. Link gives me a popup stating my device is locked and if I want to use link to unlock from the device. Maybe it is because I cannot get to that screen?

I may try to purchase a USB mouse if I can click and drag a swipe up gesture, but not sure if that would work. Was hoping somebody that has a USB mouse could answer that. From there I could do the same to unlock the device and then back up to link.

My last option is to purchase a new screen setup via eBay and do it myself hoping that the screen itself is the issue and not some other factor. Everything else seems to be working fine. There is no physical damage to the screen although it was dropped. If I just need to get to Best Buy and get a USB mouse and a USB cord for it and it will allow me to swipe up and work without having to get into the phone first and setup anything, I would much prefer that. Thanks again for all the help!
    10-06-14 12:34 PM
    It could be that a connection has come loose from the fall. I would open it up and just double check.

Did you try the USB OTG option?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 12:41 PM
    When you connect your phone to the computer USB, can you see the flash and SD card show up in My Computer as network drives? Have you tried restarting the computer, or going into device manager and deleting the blackberry USB driver, restarting the computer and then plugging the Z30 back in?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 12:42 PM
    Is there anybody that can verify that I can buy a USB mouse with a USB cord and use that to unlock the phone by swiping up from the date/time screen to get to the picture password screen? Not sure if I can use that for gestures. Also, is it just plug and go? If I have to turn anything on in settings, or set it up on the device I am unable to.

All that shows on the TV via HDMI is the home date/time screen and when connecting to link from there prompts with a popup for me to unlock the device from the device itself. Ugh, I wish I could just unlock from the laptop then I would have no problem. I actually fell asleep for a few, have to work later, and have been a mess with this. Luckily I did not miss the Passport delivery!
    10-06-14 12:44 PM
    Yes, you can swipe up from the bottom and enter the pic password using a USB mouse.

I just tried connecting a USB mouse for the very first time to my locked Z30, the screen lit up saying "USB device connected", and then you just move the cursor to the bottom edge, click and hold and drag the lock screen up until the picture password appears. Then just click and drag the number grid to the right location and boom, you're in.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 12:50 PM
    Is there anybody that can verify that I can buy a USB mouse with a USB cord and use that to unlock the phone by swiping up from the date/time screen to get to the picture password screen? Not sure if I can use that for gestures. Also, is it just plug and go? If I have to turn anything on in settings, or set it up on the device I am unable to.

All that shows on the TV via HDMI is the home date/time screen and when connecting to link from there prompts with a popup for me to unlock the device from the device itself. Ugh, I wish I could just unlock from the laptop then I would have no problem. I actually fell asleep for a few, have to work later, and have been a mess with this. Luckily I did not miss the Passport delivery!
    This is how it works, when you connect a mouse to your device.

10-06-14 12:50 PM
    Thank you so much!!! Would a place like Best Buy carry this? I would need the mouse and the cord.
    Also just to verify there is no setup process beforehand, just plug it in and go?

If this works then I can just drag up from the date/time screen and unlock my device and connect it to link for the backup!
    10-06-14 12:56 PM
    Yes, you can swipe up from the bottom and enter the pic password using a USB mouse.

I just tried connecting a USB mouse for the very first time to my locked Z30, the screen lit up saying "USB device connected", and then you just move the cursor to the bottom edge, click and hold and drag the lock screen up until the picture password appears. Then just click and drag the number grid to the right location and boom, you're in.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! Where to purchase... Best Buy, Radio Shack???

Just ask for a mouse that connects to USB and the USB goes from the mouse to the phone? At the same time I would have the HDMI cord in, but would just need the mouse and cord?
    10-06-14 12:57 PM
    I don't know if this was a sign to accept the Passport, but I am so frustrated at the moment. I planned on backing up my Z30 via link last night after work and I dropped the phone and now the screen is mostly unresponsive. I am looking at the screen on the TV through HDMI and when I try to swipe up it will start showing the "up" arrows, but since I have a picture password I can't connect to link. I have spoken with multiple reps about this because the primary issue is all of my passwords are on BB's Password Keeper and I desperately need them.

They told me if I had a numeric password I could just type it into the computer. They are referring me to Verizon as well, but I will be cancelling with them so they aren't going to help unless I wait to cancel. I did post in the Z30 forum regarding this. Does anybody know if when I put my BBID in the Passport the Password Keeper will transfer with the BBID? One of the reps said it should, but I was under the assumption that it was an app based on that device and it would not as another rep had said! Maybe start another thread asking this?
    Short answer is no. Try a mouse via USB OG to move the number on your picture you have as a password.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:01 PM
    Thank you! Where to purchase... Best Buy, Radio Shack???

Just ask for a mouse that connects to USB and the USB goes from the mouse to the phone? At the same time I would have the HDMI cord in, but would just need the mouse and cord?
    So you need a USB mouse (can even be a logitech wireless one with a dongle that sticks into a USB port), and you also need the micro USB to USB adapter. You can find it easily on amazon, but I bet they also have them at best buy and radio shack (at a premium, of course).

This is what I used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B4G...UvbUpU10937679

And yes, it's completely plug and play even if the device is currently locked.
    Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:32 PM
    OK so since the mouse with the USB seems like it will work. I think that would be the best. Thank you guys. I have a few more questions. I have no idea what exactly I am buying. I called Radio Shack, Best Buy, and Verizon. Best Buy said they may sell it online, but not in stores. So no luck. I was going to check Amazon, I would need the mouse itself and the cord to connect from the mouse to the device. I have no idea what I am looking for. I did see a few cords, but it does not look like they would hook up to a mouse. Can anybody point me in the right direction. It looks like I will have to order online and I am praying this works.

Also, since by the time I receive the USB mouse I will have already cancelled my Verizon Z30 and moved to AT&T with the Passport. The point of the mouse is to unlock the device to back it up through link. Would I still be able to do that? I guess if I can just get in through the TV as a guide while using the mouse then I could always manually write all of my passwords down. If anybody knows where to get the setup with the mouse and cord please let me know! Also, this would be connecting to the charge port, so it wouldn't interfere with the HDMI cable as I need that to navigate. I really appreciate everyone's help and advice!
    10-06-14 01:35 PM
    So you need a USB mouse (can even be a logitech wireless one with a dongle that sticks into a USB port), and you also need the micro USB to USB adapter. You can find it easily on amazon, but I bet they also have them at best buy and radio shack (at a premium, of course).

This is what I used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B4G...UvbUpU10937707

And yes, it's completely plug and play even if the device is currently locked.
    Posted via CB10
    I just saw the link you posted. That is the cord... now how do I get a mouse that would be compatible with this? Sorry, I am not at all familiar with this. Or are there any that would come together as I am assuming I just need the mouse and the correct cord. Thanks!
    10-06-14 01:38 PM
    I think it would be easiest to try the USB OTG with HDMI TV as a guide to unlock then be able to backup via link.

Is it possible that anybody could post a link to everything I would need, which I think would just be the mouse and the connector. I searched Amazon for USB mouse and a ton of mouses come up and I have no idea what would work with what cord.

I should still be able to backup the device once the device is unlocked via link since link is prompting me to unlock the device in order to connect after cancelling service and moving on to a Passport, correct?

Edit: When searching Amazon for USB mouse they all have a USB cord coming out of the actual mouse. I do not believe that is what I would want since the cord has a micro side and the USB side to connect to the mouse or am I wrong on this?
    10-06-14 01:56 PM
    You just need any old mouse that hooks up to a regular USB port on a computer, and the little micro-usb to USB adapter like the one provided in the link.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:00 PM
    Need help fast, Passport on its way, Password Keeper App?-img_20141006_150221.jpg

Need help fast, Passport on its way, Password Keeper App?-img_20141006_150240.jpg

Need help fast, Passport on its way, Password Keeper App?-img_20141006_150322_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    QXS likes this.
    10-06-14 02:05 PM
    Any mouse with a USB connector

Need help fast, Passport on its way, Password Keeper App?-img_20141006_140205.jpg

And a USB OG cable

Need help fast, Passport on its way, Password Keeper App?-img_20141006_140257.jpg

Plug the mouse into the cable, and the cable into your phone.

Need help fast, Passport on its way, Password Keeper App?-img_20141006_140550.jpg
    10-06-14 02:06 PM
    @OP. Try enpass. You won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:10 PM
    OP: if you need help: pin:2BDA40AC happy to help

The pics should help you understand....

@all Great to see such a great community in action, helping someone who is lost. In other places ridcule would ensue after the first few posts.

Cheers for that!

10-06-14 02:16 PM
    I agree and thank you all so much. I am going to try this. Really a great community and why I will happily switch from my grandfathered Verizon plan to AT&T for the Passport! I will be sure to let you all know how this works out and if I need to go the screen replacement route if this fails (I hope not). Thank you for the PIN as well, when I have my Passport activated I may need a little help with this.

I should still be able to backup the phone via link even if I cancel the service and move on to the Passport, correct?
    10-06-14 02:25 PM
    I agree and thank you all so much. I am going to try this. Really a great community and why I will happily switch from my grandfathered Verizon plan to AT&T for the Passport! I will be sure to let you all know how this works out and if I need to go the screen replacement route if this fails (I hope not). Thank you for the PIN as well, when I have my Passport activated I may need a little help with this.

I should still be able to backup the phone via link even if I cancel the service and move on to the Passport, correct?
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:31 PM
    You mention that you will be using the passport on AT&T. I should warn you that since they don't carry the Passport they will likely have issues getting it to connect to their LTE network (it will connect to 4G just fine as soon as you pop in the sim card). To get on LTE, they need to activate the sim card on an AT&T branded LTE capable device, so that the system can associate a know LTE device IMEI with the account and "flip on" LTE to the sim card. Once that happens you can move the sim card to the Passport, and everything should work.

I was (still am) on Verizon too, and I am trying AT&T using a gophone prepaid sim card on the Passport. Luckily I had a partially working AT&T LTE device hand me down from a coworker, and I used that to do the activation.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:37 PM
    I am well aware of this issue with the IMEI numbers and actually started a thread and spoke with an AT&T higher up rep and said I could even use my mother's Z10 IMEI number if I am not receiving LTE while she is using at the same time. He was very knowledgeable regarding many things including BB10. He did state though that he does not see AT&T carrying the Passport anytime soon, but that they will support it and if I use the Passport's IMEI number I will receive LTE with a software update, but he actually recommended just giving the other number if I do not want to wait for LTE. Thanks though! I am just taking this as a sign that I was meant to get the Passport. I was actually contemplating not signing for it and refusing it for a refund due to the LTE issue and switching to AT&T from unlimited data. At this point, I need a phone and the Passport is my first choice and still waiting on it to arrive. Will likely activate tomorrow. Can't wait for it and hoping the Z30 will be able to be backed up via link once I receive my cord and mouse through Amazon. Thanks though!
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-06-14 02:44 PM
63 123