I just bought a Passport online, but I have one problem the seller left it locked with BlackBerry Protect on and there's no way to log in.. so my question is can the BlackBerry Protect feature be turn off or is there anyway around this issue, should I contact BlackBerry Support? Seller can't be reached.

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    07-05-16 11:19 PM
    If you can't reach the seller the phone is as good as bricked.
    07-06-16 03:06 AM
    For sure the seller couldn't get into it either, and so sold it to you.
    07-06-16 04:59 AM
    I hope the seller is/was the rightful owner.

Straight from my BlackBerry Passport smartphone running OS10... Stay away from Junkroid on Steroids!!
    07-06-16 05:37 AM
    I just bought a Passport online, but I have one problem the seller left it locked with BlackBerry Protect on and there's no way to log in.. so my question is can the BlackBerry Protect feature be turn off or is there anyway around this issue, should I contact BlackBerry Support? Seller can't be reached.

but here in the philippines technicians can fix it hehe It might cost u 20-40 dollars here

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 06:33 AM
    Welp, I knew it was to good to be true... there goes my $40

07-06-16 08:08 AM
    How can they fix it? Once it's locked to someone's ID it's useless isn't it? Why can't the seller be contacted?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-06-16 08:48 AM
    Why can't the seller be contacted?
    Scammer, thief, lowlife--take your pick.
    07-06-16 08:55 AM
    $40?? Did the seller list his address as a P.O. box in China by any chance?
    07-06-16 09:00 AM
    I don't know if that was intended as a joke, but you could certainly part it out for more than $40.
    07-06-16 09:30 AM
    How can they fix it? Once it's locked to someone's ID it's useless isn't it? Why can't the seller be contacted?

Bro everything is possible here in the philippines. I remember someone selling me locked passport for 170 USD during that time I didnt know that they can unlocked it. when they manage to unlocked it they raise the price up to 225USD

PS: Locked on my sentence means locked via BlackBerry ID
    Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:22 AM

hahahaha well just like how my relatives who are expats in US and Canada u dont have that kind of stuffs on that place I assume u resides in canada and US... i

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:24 AM
    If it was theirs and they honestly didn't know they had to turn off BlackBerry Protect before wiping, there is a way.

Get them to log into protect.BlackBerry.com and remove the device from their profile. Restart your device and it should allow you to complete the setup.

If they can't or won't, then it is stolen or they found it, wiped it and sold it. If that wasn't mentioned in the sale then theoretically you could start an "item not as described" claim for a full refund from ebay/paypal.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 11:11 AM
    Second that
    07-06-16 05:48 PM
    I got in touch with the seller.. and apparently she's a girl that lives in New York, the Passport was given to her as a gift and she'd had set it up with her ex boyfriend's email, but ended up not liking the phone because it was too "complicated" to used and didn't have her favorite apps, so she put it away for a long time and just recently found it and decided to put the phone up for sale..

#ifyourereadingthisitstoolate
    07-06-16 07:15 PM
    I got in touch with the seller.. and apparently she's a girl that lives in New York, the Passport was given to her as a gift and she'd had set it up with her ex boyfriend's email, but ended up not liking the phone because it was too "complicated" to used and didn't have her favorite apps, so she put it away for a long time and just recently found it and decided to put the phone up for sale..

too bad u cant fix it there hope that u can return that to her...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 07:46 PM

Then it's as good as parts.
    07-06-16 08:06 PM

I have been using eBay since 2001... some of the scams and fraud story lines have sickened me.. with that qualifier I have to say that story is a little too convenient... and likely a lie..

If you don't need a parts phone I would tell them to talk with the ex boyfriend, and get the BB10 sorted out or a claim is forthcoming. It's not personal, just business.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:18 PM
    Then it's as good as parts.
    if he or she only resides here in the philippines maybe I can help him/her

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 09:31 PM
    Sounds more like ex-boyfriend's phone being sold cheap just to get even.

morfinpower and PantherBlitz like this.
    07-06-16 09:53 PM