I am looking to buy Blackberry passport . I am from India . I have few concerns regarding passport after reading various forums, reviews and videos.
    1. Is Passport's light sensor faulty or re-seating issue ? Is the keyboard backlight issue still there ?
    2. Does BB10 OS get laggy with time and will need reboots ?
    3. Are there any random heating issues ? Not in the beginning because I know the OS will be getting indexed.
    4. What is the screen lifting issue with the phone ?
    Asking these because BB Passport costs around $372 here without any contracts.
    11-17-16 10:01 AM
    A simple search will get you the answers to all you question faster than waiting for other to tell you.
    1. Yes
    2. Yes when using Android Apps
    3. Yes there are issues.
    4. Yes also lifting issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 10:10 AM
    A simple search will get you the answers to all you question faster than waiting for other to tell you.
    1. Yes
    2. Yes when using Android Apps
    3. Yes there are issues.
    4. Yes also lifting issues.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much for your reply. Actually I wanted to know if these issues still exist till now means end of 2016. Almost all the threads are one year old so wanted to know. I mean are these issues gone with new batch of passports ?
    11-17-16 10:52 AM
    I am looking to buy Blackberry passport . I am from India . I have few concerns regarding passport after reading various forums, reviews and videos.
    1. Is Passport's light sensor faulty or re-seating issue ? Is the keyboard backlight issue still there ?
    3. Are there any random heating issues ? Not in the beginning because I know the OS will be getting indexed.
    I am using the Passport since September 2014 . Thankfully no such issues on my device . Went on to buy the second Passport Silver edition one year back . Honestly speaking I did'nt face any problems . There may be some sporadic cases but that doesnt mean each and every device comes with a complication .
    Sam_93 likes this.
    11-17-16 10:59 AM
    I am using the Passport since September 2014 . Thankfully no such issues on my device . Went on to buy the second Passport Silver edition one year back . Honestly speaking I did'nt face any problems . There may be some sporadic cases but that doesnt mean each and every device comes with a complication .
    +100000

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    Sam_93 and IndianTiwari like this.
    11-17-16 11:08 AM
    Never had a single issue with my passport from day one. It's not like android, the OS does not lag with time. I have used both z10's and passport. Everything works like brand new :-). Go ahead bud, Don't worry.

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    Sam_93 and IndianTiwari like this.
    11-17-16 11:11 AM
    Sam glad to hear that you're planning the Passport SE
    I am not sure if you've seen the device in person, if you've seen you may fall in love with the Form Factor, The device build quality is up to the mark.

Now back to your questions.

Screen lifting issue is solved way back, I've had 3 passport and none had this issue.

Device tends to get hot only when you've revving the processor like streaming online videos or if your throwing some heavy task on it, howver if your usage is fair you may barely notice, name 1 device that does not heat.

The battery backup is amazing I can easily get with the device for about 2.5 days with moderate usage and emails.

Below is my 3 days back stats.

Need buying advice-img_20161115_101042.png

Now if you're installing Google apps or Google Playstore you may see slight lags or battery drain during standby, however if you don't have any of this then every thing is like Makhan.

I usually at times don't even remember when I had last re booted the device.

No app crashes or lags or hanging issue.

I am not saying all this because I am a die hard fan, my previous device was a Note 5 I sold it and bought a BlackBerry Passport OG I liked it so much I bought a Red limited edition and now responding to your query from a Silver Edition.

The downside Os BlackBerry Passport are
    Lack of app updates and support
    Pathetic Front Facing Camera
    Back camera at times struggles to focus when it's a moving subject, howver the still are really good in 2016
    No BlackBerry warranty.

BlackBerry Passport the productive workhorse.
    11-17-16 12:48 PM
    I have none of those issues. Have had 2 passports.

Posted via CB10
    Sam_93 likes this.
    11-17-16 01:18 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Passport SE and the only issue I have is the screen lift. Since I keep it in a case I don't have the screen lift any more.
    I don't consider a solution to keep it in case, but if you have a screen lift you can change it on warranty. This in case you buy a new one.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 02:15 PM
    Sam glad to hear that you're planning the Passport SE
    I am not sure if you've seen the device in person, if you've seen you may fall in love with the Form Factor, The device build quality is up to the mark.

Now back to your questions.

Screen lifting issue is solved way back, I've had 3 passport and none had this issue.

Device tends to get hot only when you've revving the processor like streaming online videos or if your throwing some heavy task on it, howver if your usage is fair you may barely notice, name 1 device that does not heat.

The battery backup is amazing I can easily get with the device for about 2.5 days with moderate usage and emails.

Below is my 3 days back stats.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161115_101042.png 
Views:	532 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	412406

Now if you're installing Google apps or Google Playstore you may see slight lags or battery drain during standby, however if you don't have any of this then every thing is like Makhan.

I usually at times don't even remember when I had last re booted the device.

No app crashes or lags or hanging issue.

I am not saying all this because I am a die hard fan, my previous device was a Note 5 I sold it and bought a BlackBerry Passport OG I liked it so much I bought a Red limited edition and now responding to your query from a Silver Edition.

The downside Os BlackBerry Passport are
    Lack of app updates and support
    Pathetic Front Facing Camera
    Back camera at times struggles to focus when it's a moving subject, howver the still are really good in 2016
    No BlackBerry warranty.

Thank you ! this helps very much . I also like the form factor .Passport SE is not available here in India only original one is. Actually I got a bit skeptical after reading about those issues. And about updates is blackberry going to stop supporting BB10 OS ?
    11-17-16 08:52 PM
    Thank you ! this helps very much . I also like the form factor .Passport SE is not available here in India only original one is. Actually I got a bit skeptical after reading about those issues. And about updates is blackberry going to stop supporting BB10 OS ?
    That is a MYTH and BlackBerry as not made any announcements about it.

11-17-16 10:23 PM
    2- BB10 is so stable and doesn't need for any reboot due to its QNX foundation

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 08:30 AM
    These have all been addressed in numerous threads in this forum.
    11-18-16 08:42 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Passport SE and the only issue I have is the screen lift. Since I keep it in a case I don't have the screen lift any more.
    I don't consider a solution to keep it in case, but if you have a screen lift you can change it on warranty. This in case you buy a new one.

Posted via CB10
    You should send it back...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 08:53 PM
    I'm going to get a Silver Edition Passport. This was very helpful!

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    11-18-16 08:58 PM
    I'm going to get a Silver Edition Passport. This was very helpful!

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    Better late then never......
    11-18-16 09:21 PM
    I have a very slight screen lift ( only noticeable if you really look for it) on my silver passport but my black one has no screen lift at all.

The backlighting on my silver passport keyboard is brighter on the edges than in the middle but all letters can be seen in the dark. Doesn't bother me at all. The Q5 I am typing this post with has perfect keyboard backlighting for example, but I prefer the typing on the passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 09:32 PM
    None of those issues for me. Love using mine and if there was a problem I would repair or buy another.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    11-19-16 01:15 PM
    I have not had one issue with my Passport OG and love it. No regrets.

If you did have an issue you should have a warranty? If no warranty I've found videos on how to disassemble and replace parts easily.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 06:53 AM
    OG passport for two years....none of those issues. battery life 30-50 hrs depending on use.

Posted via CBX
    11-21-16 05:10 PM
    Need buying advice-img_20161121_184727.png

My battery usage for the day. I have to admit today I only did some web browsing lots of BBM and streaming music on an Android app called 8tracks through a wired headset all day long.
    It's been two years now and I'm happy with everything about my Passport.

Do I wish I could do something on it that other Androiders do which I cant?
    Hmm....... I will let you know if I find one

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 03:12 AM
    My passport functioned perfectly for 13 months untill it went dead. None of the issues mentioned were observed.
    BlackBerry have pathetic customer care in India, if there are any hardware issues, your phone will be with them for atleast 45 days.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 06:46 AM
    You should send it back...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that is true. The problem is that in a few days after purchasing the device I had to travel with my work in a foreign country. I just called the store I bought it from and they said that I should send it before the 24 month of warranty and if the device is in respect with the warranty I will get a new one.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-16 04:31 AM
    Go on and buy it. It will be your best buying ever! Will see

Posted via CB10
    12-30-16 06:47 AM