Hi all im getting my new passport se tomorrow and im really excited but i have a question . I know i can download apk files and run android apps but i want to know which version is better i mean like face book and whatsapp is the one on the blackberry store designed for bb10 better than its android version And are they both compatible with the bb hub?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-30-15 11:57 AM
    Firstly, if this is your first BlackBerry, welcome to BlackBerry and Crackberry.

It seems you are new to the forums. For you just starting out, use the search button for questions. Most questions on here could be solved by searching. If you don't find what you are looking for, or something doesn't make sense, then make a new thread.

To answer your question, there are a number of ways to get android apps on your Passport. Search SNAP, Cobalt method, and 1Mobile. Or you could use the Amazon App Store.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-30-15 12:36 PM
    The native Whatsapp is amazing. It's actively developed for and updated usually on a weekly basis which is awesome. It's one of my favorite apps on my Passport SE.

The Facebook app used to be great but hasn't been updated in half a year. Still works fine for notifications and most purposes but replies to comments don't show up nor does "checking in" seem to work anymore. I try to not use Android apps when possible so I still use the native app and have a shortcut to the mobile site saved to my home screen for the occasional need.

Both native apps integrate perfectly with the hub.

Typically if there is a native solution available it will work better than the Android alternative.
    12-30-15 12:43 PM
    Whatsapp.....no clue don't use it.

Facebook,
    Use BlackBerry Facebook for notifications and messages.
    But I created a home screen icon and use the browser for all other Facebook functions.
    12-30-15 08:41 PM
    The BB10 FB app is decent but nothing special.

It does integrate into the HUB but I've found FB Messenger is in a short delay.

I do not think that the android version will work in the hub.

Native Whatsapp is great and it integrates into the HUB and integrates into the OS to use the quick reply features. Always use native Whatsapp.

Good Luck with your Passport.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    12-30-15 08:57 PM
    The Facebook native app, doesn't handle things like replying to replies or handling video posts. It's slowly becoming less and less useful.

Facebook for Android though you can't rely on the notifications (Android side notifications appear in the hub but they can be intermittent). But it probably would be the better experience right now to go droid.

WhatsApp is awesome. Can't say much about it except the guys work tirelessly on it including the BlackBerry port. Easily the best app for BlackBerry.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    12-30-15 09:51 PM
    Thank u all for your replies i really cant wait to get my hands on this device i have a feeling this is going to be the besh phone i ve ever used

12-31-15 02:53 AM
    Thank u all for your replies i really cant wait to get my hands on this device i have a feeling this is going to be the besh phone i ve ever used

Never used a Passport, but I love my Z30.

I'm sure you love BB10 OS.

Most people who really give it a try do

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    12-31-15 05:54 AM