It was too good to be true. Native Facebook app was working on Friday. Not anymore on my Passport or my wife's Z30. Anyone else????

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 05:08 PM
    Still works on my SE. Notifications too.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 05:27 PM
    Can u upload bar file to it?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Are you sure that it is no longer available in Beta Zone? Try deleting the updated version you have, download Beta Zone from BlackBerry World, and see if it's there. At the worst, you can get the latest browser based one from BlackBerry World if you so desire it. (In my opinion, creating a shortcut to the mobile site yourself is a better option if you want to go that route because it opens slightly faster).
    04-17-16 05:39 PM
    Dumb... just put the ******** app out of its misery now.
    Keep it running? Why so more and more features keep failing so and damage BlackBerry image even more?
    If I was CEO, I'd kill immediately. I rather not have a Facebook app than to give user (current and new) a terrible experience. What an embarrassment...I guess none of you people never owned a PLaybook and lived through the slow. Death of its zombie Facebook app.
    I've been using the browser for months now, USE THAT!
    And if you're one of those people that are addicted to social media and must have notifications, download the 3rd party app, which I hear is a great replacement. But for fawk sakes, let the native app die

Posted via CB10
    The reason that some of us are happy that it still works (and I could be wrong and perhaps should only speak for myself...) is HUB integration.

Personally, I hate using Facebook but it has become somewhat of a necessary evil for communication as it seems to be the primary mode of messaging for some people. With the messages integrated into the BB10 Hub, I don't actually have to ever open the site! That's the beauty of it for me.
    04-17-16 05:42 PM
    I just checked Beta Zone and FB isn't there for me. I will try to extract it from a previous OS and load it

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 09:12 AM
    My fb app miraculously started working again...

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 07:46 PM
    My wife's Z30 started working again, but not my Passport. However, I still get Facebook notifications on my Hub. When I click on my Facebook app, it starts and then kicks me out.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 02:25 PM
    Exactly so. Nemory is a developer I very much like. But this app wasn't fully thought through for the reasons jhimmel outlines. I, too, kept the original app and it's still working as well as it ever did.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 03:06 PM
    The messenger function on Face10 isn't as good as the native app, and that's pretty much all I uses FB for, so I sideloaded the BAR today, and it's working great (well...you know what I mean).

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 08:59 PM
59 123