I guess they did everything and now they will focus on the design right? RIGHT BLACKBERRY ? Huh?

Powered by Blackberry
    06-02-14 02:56 PM
    Oh how perfect this device is. I just wish the battery were removable. Imagine having a fully charged phone with a spare in the wallet? You'd be charger free for easily 3 days.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-02-14 04:37 PM
    N4BB has just posted pics of the same prototype we saw ages ago. I'm told the real thing will look better.

EDIT: the posts below have managed to convince me that this is probably petty close to what we'll get our hands on in a couple of months.
    Last edited by ofutur; 06-02-14 at 05:39 PM.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-02-14 04:47 PM
    I just gotta wonder, will the trackpad holdouts go for something like this?
    Yep
    06-02-14 04:52 PM
    N4BB has just posted pics of the same prototype we saw ages ago. It's an ugly test device. The real thing will look better.
    Maybe the Dev Alpha X floating around the OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:57 PM
    Ive seen the dev alpha C pics and the extra covering bits of the device is very obvious which is not in this case.

On top of that test units for the Q10 appears to be the same as the ones launched.

I believe we are looking at the final look of the Q30 bar maybe different finishing for the back cover.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-02-14 05:22 PM
    Maybe the Dev Alpha X floating around the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe since 10.3 is designed specifically for this device. I would have thought they needed a new dev device for a new form factor though. Windermere still has a 1:1 aspect ratio.
    06-02-14 05:24 PM
    Maybe since 10.3 is designed specifically for this device. I would have thought they needed a new dev device for a new form factor though. Windermere still has a 1:1 aspect ratio.
    Dont test devices look pretty much the same in shape as the final product?

Im talking about test/demo devices not the development devices.

06-02-14 05:27 PM
    I don't know what to think about this device. Pretty sure only BlackBerry Fan club will buy this. And probably only a small portion. There must be something I am missing. Or BlackBerry is building it's on Tombstone.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-02-14 05:30 PM
    Ive seen the dev alpha C pics and the extra covering bits of the device is very obvious which is not in this case.

On top of that test units for the Q10 appears to be the same as the ones launched.

I believe we are looking at the final look of the Q30 bar maybe different finishing for the back cover.

Good points...but the BlackBerry 10 dev devices usually look different than their test or retail counterparts. Having said that I remember how the Caf� series test devices looked like mini Z30s, so maybe they'll just put lipstick on a pig. People who have seen the real thing seem to be quite pleased with the end result though...
    06-02-14 05:32 PM
    Dont test devices look pretty much the same in shape as the final product?

Im talking about test/demo devices not the development devices.
    You're right, they usually want to get proper feedback on how the device feels.

Would be interesting to have a test device virtual museum to see what sort of last minute changes happen before a model hits the stores.
    06-02-14 05:35 PM
    I wouldn't worry to much about the way it looks. Anyone remember this bad boy?
    N4BB Releases Purported Q30 (WINDERMERE) Images!-dev-alpha-c-icl.jpg

So I wouldn't worry too much I don't think they'll put something like that out the door. Don't get me wrong they have done stupid **** before but me thinks they'll round out the edges first. Otherwise that's gonna wear wholes in people's pockets

N4BB Releases Purported Q30 (WINDERMERE) Images!-q10-dev-c-unit.jpg
    06-02-14 05:40 PM
    However if that is the final design then whoever is in charge of design needs to get sacked and hire me instead :3
    JeepBB and LuisCast like this.
    06-02-14 05:44 PM
    Has anyone seen this video before? Only concepts in there, but the first two pictures look interesting.

06-02-14 06:34 PM
    Maybe for either 8974 or the touch keypad.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 06:42 PM
    Ugh! Even my beat-up 9790 looks much more decent than that abomination.

Posted from a GT-I8160.
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-02-14 06:50 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Going to replace the z30 as soon as a great qwerty phone comes out.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 06:54 PM
    What I don't understand is why are the corners so sharp? That's gonna hurt if it turns in one's pocket. The 9900/9930 was such a beautiful BlackBerry device. With the brushed metal on the edges. Why can't they just upgrade that badboy of a phone? I feel for BlackBerry sometimes. They need a design maverick.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-02-14 07:47 PM
    So how do you select and click an app using the keyboard? I guess you still use the enter key to open the app. And what if you're typing an email where your thumbs swipe across the keypad? There has to be a quick way to turn the keypad touch abilities off.
    06-02-14 08:36 PM
    I think Design is not pretty but I like specs of Q30.
    06-02-14 09:17 PM
    This device will change people perception about keyboards. With a 4.5" screen I think it people who only prefer touchscreens may want this device just for the uniqueness.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    06-02-14 09:39 PM
    This is one monster device which will stand out from the crowded slab glass phones.

If the business user finds this phone a good one,this will mark the beginning of BlackBerry come back to the phone business.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    06-02-14 11:01 PM
    I'm intrigued by the keyboard. Sometimes I miss my pkb but I can't go back to time before the swipe to delete a word. This may be the best of both worlds.

But as others have said, I'd really need to hold this one and see how the balance feels when typing. I do a lot of writing on my phone. It has to feel good in my hand.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 11:08 PM
    I like the specs, but man is that thing ugly. I'm hoping the classic has specs like that in a more attractive package.
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-03-14 12:07 AM
    Guys,please be patient. Its not the final device. There will be very premium look for the final one.

On the final device there could be a shining brushed stainless steel bezel all around, a glass weave or something more premium on back cover and they may change the square edges to rounded. Apart from the square edges remaining will for sure will be there on final unit

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    06-03-14 01:45 AM
135 1234 ...