I didn't like this initially, but now I'm on board. I'll start saving up to buy it outright today! Anyone know possible release date? Should be before iphone if they want to snag some potential customers.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    06-04-14 03:52 PM
    That picture with the white keyboard is dummy phone.

The screen is a print out pasted on. Its made to gauge the size of the phone.

So yes we are still getting that sharp corners everyone seems to hate.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-04-14 04:02 PM
    How do you know?

Posted via my Q10, USA
    06-04-14 04:07 PM
    It will not be the one with the sharp corners. The one with the fake rubber keyboard covering the real keyboard or keypad or whatever it is looks to me to be far more realistic.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 04:26 PM
    Taking in all the views it's apparent that the only view in which the corners will appear sharp is the front. As you can see, the screen is not entirely flat, but falls off at the sides (curved glass, anyone?), while the back is obviously curved. From the top down it will resemble more of an elliptical shape than a rectangle. It'll still have curves, but in a different (and subtle) way than all the other phones out there.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 04:30 PM
    How do you know?

Posted via my Q10, USA
    Why dont you ask the person who posted it where he got the picture from.

06-04-14 04:56 PM
    It just seemed like you were speaking from first hand knowledge...

Posted via my Q10, USA
    06-04-14 05:05 PM
    One of the bbm channels, there was no further information with regards to the picture, whether it was a render or not.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:21 PM
    That picture with the white keyboard is dummy phone.

The screen is a print out pasted on. Its made to gauge the size of the phone.

So yes we are still getting that sharp corners everyone seems to hate.

Lol - the one thing I didn't like about that pic was the rounded corners. I like the square top corners of the first pic better - although I'd like the bottom ones to be slightly round.

Just goes to show there's no way to please everyone.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:24 PM
    I didn't like this initially, but now I'm on board. I'll start saving up to buy it outright today! Anyone know possible release date? Should be before iphone if they want to snag some potential customers.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    I wonder where will it be launched first. Im hoping it'll be Malaysia same as where the Z30 was launched.

06-04-14 05:57 PM
    No chance. if they want to make any headway in the phone market it has to be launched in the US first. They made the mistake of not doing that last time and it costed them.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-04-14 06:56 PM
    No chance. if they want to make any headway in the phone market it has to be launched in the US first. They made the mistake of not doing that last time and it costed them.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    Unfortunately I have to agree . The USA media demands it.
    menshawy likes this.
    06-04-14 07:55 PM

Posted via my Q10, USA
    It needs to be sold unlocked for $300-400
    Heavily advertised

In squircle we trust.
    menshawy likes this.
    06-05-14 12:15 AM
    Heavily advertised

In squircle we trust.
    There is also no chance of this if the phone is made of the premium materials we all want and that are necessary to make any headway in the market. Do you want blackberry to bankrupt itself?

Posted via my Q10, USA
    DYLANHABKIRK and Bbnivende like this.
    06-05-14 06:10 AM
    Heavily advertised

In squircle we trust.
    Everyone is spoilt by android phones.

600 unlocked is fine. It is a completely unique phone afterall.

DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-05-14 06:28 AM
    It will be priced 750 USD.But it's fine in 2 years BlackBerry have managed to produce something which is worth the price they charge.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    06-05-14 07:18 AM
    It will be priced 750 USD.But it's fine in 2 years BlackBerry have managed to produce something which is worth the price they charge.

750$ is fair enough as long they don't use the 1$=1 euro policy for European market, in that case it would be available for 750 euro (1018$) and i would have to wait for a second hand device on ebay... (i'll never pay more than 500-600euro / max 800$ for a cellphone even if it's a tiny computer etc.)
    It's time to be economically wise for Blackberry, the windermere with a good price could be very largely adopted.
    06-05-14 07:27 AM

If the price is in that range I really don't know what to think. The consensus here is that the device is a fugly abomination .

I don't think that but I also don't think I'd pay $750 for it. It needs to be around $500.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:54 AM
    I can see why people would think it's ugly, but personally I don't care much what a phone looks like. The functionality is much more important. Maybe user experience will be great on this device? Let's all keep an open mind
    06-05-14 09:41 AM
    Very few people are going to spend $750 on any BlackBerry device.

Price competitively and more consumers will be prepared to take what they perceive to be a risk.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 09:42 AM
    Competitive pricing is key, but I wouldn't be surprised if prices around $700 become the new norm for each company's premier device. Especially with exponentially increasing specs.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    06-05-14 12:55 PM
    Blackberry cannot price it over whatever iphone/samsung flagship is offering, as public perception is not in Blackberry's favor. Price it at a point where android/iphone users feel it is worth a risk but an affordable one.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 01:24 PM
    It will be $200 with a 2 year contract, just like all the Blackberry phones I had before. Just so happens my contract is up this month. So Blackberry needs to hurry this train up.
    06-05-14 01:26 PM
    Blackberry cannot price it over whatever iphone/samsung flagship is offering, as public perception is not in Blackberry's favor. Price it at a point where android/iphone users feel it is worth a risk but an affordable one.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. What I'm saying is that the next gen iphon/androids will likely be at about that price.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    06-05-14 01:48 PM
    It will probably launch at $700 like all their flagships and you'll find it at $500 a couple of months later.
    06-05-14 01:48 PM
135 ... 3456