I want an onest opinion : what software differences you can find between the passport and others blackberry 10 phones?
    Since now I owned a q10, a z10 and now I have passport.
    I didn't saw any significant differences in terms of software between those three devices. The only noticeable thing is that passport boots up quicker than z10 and q10.
    I am surprised because the hardware differences are huge in term of specs: is 2.24 GHz quad core and 3 gb of ram vs 1.5 GHz dual core and 2 gb of ram. With this specifications passport should run much better the software but it doesn't.
    Passport is a high line devices with a high price but unfortunately runs 10.3.1 just like a q10, z30 even like q5 or z3 witch have 1.2 dual core processors.
    Then I realize that I payed $700 only for a bigger device with bigger battery and a good back camera witch is not so good because of the software. Doesn't seems to be fair...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:52 PM
    If you are paying 700$ then get IOS or note 4.

There are several small issues which BlackBerry didn't resolve it yet. Even after long waiting update.

Yesterday I saw LG G3, camera focus is the fastest.

]|I{�------� ѕєηт �яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. �------�}I|[
    02-25-15 02:00 PM
    ...doesn't seem to be fair that you assume that the Passport is bad just because the other devices still run great. So, the only way you will be satisfied is if your phone is 'better' than the rest? The newest iPhone is undoubtedly 'better' than the last one... perhaps you might like it more? The biggest distinguishable difference between BB10 phones is the form factor. And the Passport has some pretty wicked awesome innovative hardware. I don't relate to your disappointment.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-25-15 02:02 PM
    design and form factor for the passport, new innovative keyboard just to name a few, I liked it, just wasn't for me.
    Went with the classic
    02-25-15 02:08 PM
    ...doesn't seem to be fair that you assume that the Passport is bad just because the other devices still run great. So, the only way you will be satisfied is if your phone is 'better' than the rest? The newest iPhone is undoubtedly 'better' than the last one... perhaps you might like it more? The biggest distinguishable difference between BB10 phones is the form factor. And the Passport has some pretty wicked awesome innovative hardware. I don't relate to your disappointment.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Indeed, passport is innovative but to bad that the software isn't well optimized for this hardware. I don't like iphone or android. Just like idea : samsung galaxy note 4 runs faster then galaxy s5 just because the software is optimized for note 4 's better hardware.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:26 PM
    The price differences between passport and other bb10 devices isn't justified. A good hardware without a software well optimized for it is in vain. Where is the yield?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:30 PM
    People say the passport is a beast. But I don't see any speed difference from my z30. Had it for 4 months and sold it just to get some money back while I still could. The passports a good phone but it's overpriced in my eyes. I'll wait for a Foxconn berry. Hopefully do the phone up right.
    02-25-15 02:49 PM
    I personally went from a iPhone 6 to a passport and couldnt be happier!!! It's an amazing device, I love everything about it!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:49 PM
    What are you talking about? When you go from Iphone5 to Iphone6, isn't that the same thing? Bigger device, better battery? Or from a nexus5 to a nexus6?

The software can be adjusted. It's just that BlackBerry is really dull in term of customer services (feedback+response)

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    diegonei likes this.
    02-25-15 03:55 PM
    What are you talking about? When you go from Iphone5 to Iphone6, isn't that the same thing? Bigger device, better battery? Or from a nexus5 to a nexus6?

The software can be adjusted. It's just that BlackBerry is really dull in term of customer services (feedback+response)

Yea it's precisely the same as with the iphone. After a long time apple "innovate" again. They made a bigger bigger phone, 2 actually (a big device with a relative small screen and a monster device with a big screen) they put in a bigger battery and some faster specs and that's all.

You won't see any difference in opening these simple apps like twitter, facebook, whatsapp etc, but try opening intensive apps or heavy multitasking. You will see a difference there.

So if you don't see any difference and feel disappointed than I would say sell it, because you use your phone for basic tasks only and you don't need a phone with such specs.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 07:32 PM
    If only you could add a faster processor to other BB 10 devices,....and an additional Gig of RAM too,...and you'll find that those other BB 10 devices will be just as fast as the Passport! The Passport is the ///M5, or McLaren F1,....Mercedes AMG,....any Ferrari,....Porsche Carrerra GT of Blackberry devices! Speed is very additive!
    02-25-15 09:39 PM
    A well equipped iPhone 6 will run 649 minimum out the door for the lowest end, and 950 at the top end.
    As you suggest, the Passport has those differences as well as a capacitive keyboard, wireless charging (at&t model), and I think additional internal sensors giving it more capabilities as software develops.
    blemoon42 likes this.
    02-25-15 09:45 PM
    The passport software is exactly the same as any BlackBerry 10 software. It's a form factor + keyboard + ultra high resolution screen + 4 microphones + it is undoubtedly faster and can keep more apps in memory than a z30. I had both, and trust me the passport is just a beast. Games and all don't hiccup for a second
    02-25-15 11:18 PM
    I assume that the difference (of shall I say, the lack of), would most likely limited by software itself?

The most Intuitive features for me would be the wonderful keyboard.

And I have no regrets jumping from iPhone 5s to Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:43 PM
    I have both Z10 and Passport and in normal operations as a mobile phone, both are doing the same thing. You will only noticed the difference when doing heavy tasks and playing heavy games.

So, it is true that if you are only using your mobile as normal usage, you will not appreciate the beast in Passport and wonder why did you pay for that premium price.

Btw, in all this time, I still prefer the form and mobile factors of Z10 over my Passport. If only BlackBerry will produce high-end device with Z10 screen size form that would be perfect device for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:45 PM
    Run the Android 3D game from Amazon, comparing between PP and Z30, you will see difference.

Like you asked me about why didnt I find any difference between 300usd set PC comparing to Alienware 1000+usd when you used them to do light and easy job like net surfing or documentation.

I think this is clear about it. I did try by myself comparing between Q10 and PP, huge difference buddy.

Posted via my huge all in one device, Passport!!!
    02-25-15 11:48 PM
    You paid for the only futureproofed phone BlackBerry offers, mate.
    NtotheK likes this.
    02-25-15 11:52 PM
    Some apps over heating the passport just like q10. With such hardware specifications on passport it should run the apps easily.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:39 AM
    In term of software, passport and q10 have the same software.

02-26-15 03:44 AM
    The price differences between passport and other bb10 devices isn't justified. A good hardware without a software well optimized for it is in vain. Where is the yield?

Posted via CB10
    It has better radio sensitivity and faster processor. You will see the difference when streaming live TV.
    It is a more productive device than z30 or z10 or the classic or a q10. It replaces 90% of the functionality of a laptop. None of the other phones do that.
    It is great for doing presentations, editing text documents, reading websites, etc.
    So from that point of view, mostly as a result of the innovative keyboard and better screen, radio and processor hardware, it is worth the higher cost compared to a z30.

It is true that the software should be better adjusted to the hardware, but it does not make much sense to run different OS on different BB10 devices. We have enough segmentation as it is.
    If all phones and laptops ran Linux, we'd all be much better off.
    02-26-15 07:44 AM
    I think because of the memory (not the RAM) on the passport. I assume it is a SSD. The SSD using on Passport is the same with other BB10 devices. That why the speed would be the same.

You can see everytime you copy a file to BB10 device, the writing speed is slow!
    02-26-15 07:49 AM
    I want an onest opinion : what software differences you can find between the passport and others blackberry 10 phones?
    Since now I owned a q10, a z10 and now I have passport.
    I didn't saw any significant differences in terms of software between those three devices. The only noticeable thing is that passport boots up quicker than z10 and q10.
    I am surprised because the hardware differences are huge in term of specs: is 2.24 GHz quad core and 3 gb of ram vs 1.5 GHz dual core and 2 gb of ram. With this specifications passport should run much better the software but it doesn't.
    Passport is a high line devices with a high price but unfortunately runs 10.3.1 just like a q10, z30 even like q5 or z3 witch have 1.2 dual core processors.
    Then I realize that I payed $700 only for a bigger device with bigger battery and a good back camera witch is not so good because of the software. Doesn't seems to be fair...

Posted via CB10
    Isn't this how every device or OS is? Almost all iOS devices run iOS 8, including the 2 year old devices. Android is the same? As far as I know, the 6+ is the only device that may have an operating system actually adjusted to optimize how it is displayed on the device. And trust me, it is far from perfect (not all apps are optimized, crashes, etc.). To ask a company to change an OS for every device would be ridiculous.
    02-26-15 07:51 AM
    It has better radio sensitivity and faster processor. You will see the difference when streaming live TV.
    It is a more productive device than z30 or z10 or the classic or a q10. It replaces 90% of the functionality of a laptop. None of the other phones do that.
    It is great for doing presentations, editing text documents, reading websites, etc.
    So from that point of view, mostly as a result of the innovative keyboard and better screen, radio and processor hardware, it is worth the higher cost compared to a z30.

It is true that the software should be better adjusted to the hardware, but it does not make much sense to run different OS on different BB10 devices. We have enough segmentation as it is.
    If all phones and laptops ran Linux, we'd all be much better off.
    Faster processor for what? and for presentation is better even the z10 witch have direct micro hdmi. For passptort we have to buy separately a slimport adapter. And better radio sensitivity I don't agree, I had 2 bars in my house with q10 and with passport the same. Where is the worth? I have to buy slimport for hdmi and BTW, after update to 10.3.1 usb otg on passport is so annoying, I have to reset the device every time in order to get usb otg work.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:11 AM
    Or you simply can see it this way: bb10 os is so great that it's possible running smoothly on even the cheapest product.
    I think it's better.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:10 AM
    Or you simply can see it this way: bb10 os is so great that it's possible running smoothly on even the cheapest product.
    I think it's better.

Posted via CB10
    You are right. I managed to get inside engineering screen with a generator and put the cpu speed on 1000 MHz and with a core turned of i felt no difference running the apps, no system lags

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:41 AM
43 12