Hi,

I've been travelling quite a bit internationally this week, and recently, my Wi-fi stopped connecting to some networks it should have been able to (that my laptop could connect to). Then last night, as I tried to connect to my hotel Wi-fi network , I started to get dozens (hundreds?) of alerts informing me that my phone was disabling every single network I had saved in my phone.

I now have no saved networks, and when I try to connect to new (working) networks, I am told to verify against my saved network settings....

Screen shots included just for full clarity. Any help needed as I am between Moscow and Palestine etc. and really need to be using wi-fi on the device.

Thanks,
    VincentMy wifi has gone wild, disabling all networks. How can I fix this?-img_20150403_082723.jpgMy wifi has gone wild, disabling all networks. How can I fix this?-img_20150403_082635.jpgMy wifi has gone wild, disabling all networks. How can I fix this?-img_20150403_081238.jpg
    Last edited by Vinncent; 04-03-15 at 04:22 AM.
    04-03-15 03:32 AM
    That's interesting. At first glance, I'd have the impression that you were in a zone where hotspot handover is problematic. A device tries to automatically connect to a known hotspot 3 times in a row; then it suspends to save battery. After a short period, it will make more attempts. Reboot the phone and try in a different area. However, I suspect your problem is deeper than bad signal. I'm guessing that either your device's wifi driver has become corrupted, or less likely, the entire wifi infrastructure of your area has changed. The providers could have reconfigured their security scheme. Would you be able to narrow this down to just your device?
    04-03-15 06:00 AM
    Interesting that it happens while the roaming symbol is on. I wonder if it has something to do with the device not being able to pass off the connection properly. That's my best guess for now.

Try taking out your SIM, reboot your phone and use the Wifi without it to see if that helps.
    04-03-15 06:33 AM
    I've been 'roaming' for almost a month now - when I am outside the native country of my carrier (Brazil) I'm always picking up local 3G, and it has worked fine for months with the passport...

I suppose I can try using the wifi without the sim inserted, that would locate the problem, but it's not a long-term solution
    04-03-15 07:06 AM
    What OS?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:30 AM
    Yes please do try so we could narrow down the problem and possibly come up with a solution. Let us know the your findings.

I've been 'roaming' for almost a month now - when I am outside the native country of my carrier (Brazil) I'm always picking up local 3G, and it has worked fine for months with the passport...

I suppose I can try using the wifi without the sim inserted, that would locate the problem, but it's not a long-term solution
    04-03-15 08:20 AM
    my q10 has been doing the same, I have exactly the same notifications and my roaming symbol is on my phone when this happens and im still in my home country... a simple reboot corrects mine... hope this is of help
    04-18-15 02:00 AM
    I had the same issue with my Passport yesterday. I merely restarted my Passport, and thus far I haven't had the same issue since.
    04-18-15 10:17 PM