I noticed the change in myself. I remember two and half years back when I shifted from bold to z10, daily morning first thing with half closed eyes I used to open CrackBerry with full excitement. This continued and reached heights during the launch of BBM cross platform, leaked OS,snap, sachesi, bar files, cobalts thread on play store etc etc. Then I bought passport and the world was new again.

But I notice the change now. My visit to this awesome place has reduced drastically. I can see two main reasons for it - rare new BlackBerry 10 apps and updates and launch of BlackBerry Priv.

Well I am sure, priv launch has given CrackBerry a whole bunch of new readers and contributors. And may be the developers of bb10 also have migrated to android. Its time for priv owners to experience the excitement in CrackBerry like I used to do few years back.

I hope I again get addicted to this forum. It used to be super fun. All that excitement, uniqueness, first time users in beta. Wow.

Is there anything in future for me (bb10 os)?
    Where is the priv with bb10 OS?

Anyone feeling the same ?
    My Visit to CrackBerry reduced exponentially-img_20150105_233407.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 07:19 AM
    I have 2 Passports . The Passport SE is still my daily driver . You rightly said that BB10 has left a vacuum in CB with no real updates and leaks coming . I have now moved on . Taken up the amazing Priv and each passing day enjoying the android device. Priv has added new flavor to the CB again . Knowledge proliferation makes the CB a lively place .
    02-20-16 07:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    I miss those days too. There really isn't much in store for BB10 - just a couple of security patches while we watch it wind down.

Even with the Priv now (although I use one and love it), the excitement is not the same because it is based on a mature OS, and for the most part, just works. We get monthly updates straight out of the oven - so the concept of a "leak" has no meaning anymore.

With BB10 in its infancy, we were hacking, leaking, and figuring out workarounds. While this turned off many potential buyers, it made this place hop!
    Last edited by conite; 02-20-16 at 08:19 AM.
    Montmartre and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    02-20-16 08:06 AM
    Yes, I too have been experiencing the same, although my post are very few yet I was a regular one but once they jump ship to Android all the enthusiasm is gone, yesterday my uncle was looking for a new phone, he was using z10 I made him convince not to go for priv as the future of BlackBerry is uncertain, he got iphone when my passport dies I too will be an ios user, I know nobody cares just sharing my opinion

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 08:11 AM
    Yup. Trying to find out new things makes it exciting. I really loved the leaks, backing up my data and staring at the download bar of the leaked OS. The beta app was a great initiative. But I can see the crowd's direction.

BB10 OS was the best!! Unfortunately no one helping it out.

Feeling sad.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 08:16 AM
    I was just thinking about this few days ago.
    I have been a BlackBerry user for over 15 years, and so has my wife.
    Over the years I was known in my circles as a tech for all my friends and known for the love of BlackBerry. This has now drastically changed. I even suggest other phones to my friends, including my wife. Her Z30 had an accident, and she has replaced it with an Android phone. She is getting used to it, but she is missing a lot of bb10 features.

Crackberry has been a super fun and useful place to visit, but with decline in BB10 development, it has lost it's bling.
    I still visit it daily, but to be honest, every day I spend less and less time here.
    I guess, I visit it because I still have HOPE that I will see something spectacular happen with BB10.

With this said, once my Passport is gone, I have no idea what to get. Probably an android like everyone else...
    02-20-16 02:55 PM
    I guess we shouldn't be so surprised since Kevin abandoned ship long ago.

Posted via CB10
    heepman likes this.
    02-20-16 04:20 PM
    When you lose a heartbreaking amount of money and investment in stock in something it's only healthy to limit exposure to that thing that hurt you. Or learn to laugh at it.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    02-20-16 04:28 PM
    Yup, miss Kevin and rumoured future devices. Even Bla1ze has been pretty quiet lately. I love my Big Red and will keep it going as long as I can. My wife has a Z30 and still enjoys her phone too. We are the only ones who BBM each other. Our kids have iPhones and all our friends are Androids. Feeling pretty sad and lonely.

Posted via CB10
    Montmartre and cdnynot like this.
    02-20-16 04:29 PM
    There is really nothing new for the most part to report, as Chen said he was going to cut out the leaks and it appears he has done that. Bla1ze and others might know a couple things that is not widely know, but they are very careful of what they mention. To me it seems that Bla1ze and others hint at certain things, but only use widely known information as proof. To me it seems they are doing this to protect their sources within blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 04:47 PM
    In every business, 'contingency plan' is a must. This is the part you are going to ask "what's my other options?"

I'm sure CB done that... or doing that... or must do that...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 07:38 PM
    I've been back a month after a near 7 year hiatus.
    02-20-16 09:00 PM
    It would be helpful is Crackberry Mods didnt add to the the whole BB10 is going to stop working in less than a year or some bull like that when the facts lean towards positive future use.
    J_Apryono likes this.
    02-20-16 09:17 PM
    People say we should never be fixed on something hoping it to be there forever and move on with adjusting new things. But here its BB10 which was the new thing, and this is the only OS which made me proud everytime I unlocked my phone. No irritating advertisement I hate those ads on androids and ios, super productive gestures and layouts, simple but with lot of uniqueness, beat the hub concept anyone (I know its there in priv, but I also know from where it came), secured stuff. And now I read people saying it was not helping businesses so it was good to move on with android and we should accept the new change. But the point here is android is not the new thing and want to run away from it.

BlackBerry has said many times that there will be full support to 10OS. But I don't see that excitement anymore, remember Michael Clewley holding bbm channels talks on next OS updates and features. WANT BB10 to continue or even for that change sake bring BB11/12/13 but don't ask us to give android the same love.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 09:39 PM
    People say we should never be fixed on something hoping it to be there forever and move on with adjusting new things. But here its BB10 which was the new thing, and this is the only OS which made me proud everytime I unlocked my phone. No irritating advertisement I hate those ads on androids and ios, super productive gestures and layouts, simple but with lot of uniqueness, beat the hub concept anyone (I know its there in priv, but I also know from where it came), secured stuff. And now I read people saying it was not helping businesses so it was good to move on with android and we should accept the new change. But the point here is android is not the new thing and want to run away from it.

BlackBerry has said many times that there will be full support to 10OS. But I don't see that excitement anymore, remember Michael Clewley holding bbm channels talks on next OS updates and features. WANT BB10 to continue or even for that change sake bring BB11/12/13 but don't ask us to give android the same love.

Posted via CB10
    It's happening whether we like it or not, John has said it Android is the future no matter how insecure it is, how boring the UI is, BlackBerry has given up on bb10 since 2015 March where they hint the slider we didn't see it coming, BlackBerry are good in hiding things if they had announced about Android Priv that time they knew bb10 sales will reduced more... quite frankly I don't think they will be handset business by end of 2k16

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 01:01 AM
    My wife has a Z30 and still enjoys her phone too. We are the only ones who BBM each other. Our kids have iPhones and all our friends are Androids. Feeling pretty sad and lonely.

Posted via CB10
    Hey you don't have to be lonely - especially when it comes to the kids.

Don't forget BBM is available free on both Android and iOS.

My son ( who lives on the other side of the world to us) has an Android phone and we got him to put BBM on that. We message and talk regularly on BBM chat with him - works so well.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:33 AM
    I also miss OS10 and the fun of installing leaks and playing around with tweaking the device. I also was the first customer at my local T Mobile to buy a z10 when it was launched here in the USA.

But, I feel Blackberry had to move into Android if they expect the hardware division to survive. I still come to this great site daily and I have also bought and use a Priv.

I am still active in a couple of BBM groups and have made some great friends along the way. I was recently made an ambassador on this great site which was an honor for me and I am here for the long haul.
    02-21-16 04:38 AM
    It would be helpful is Crackberry Mods didnt add to the the whole BB10 is going to stop working in less than a year or some bull like that when the facts lean towards positive future use.
    What facts?
    methane != facts.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 02-21-16 at 11:45 AM.
    02-21-16 11:29 AM
    Even I miss the days of loading the latest OS leak and finding out what's new, what's hidden in the OS, what has changed. It's up to BlackBerry to create excitement for their brand and it's a hard sell to regular folks to make EMM sound exciting lol.
    02-21-16 06:04 PM
    Even I miss the days of loading the latest OS leak and finding out what's new, what's hidden in the OS, what has changed. It's up to BlackBerry to create excitement for their brand and it's a hard sell to regular folks to make EMM sound exciting lol.
    Well put sir.
    02-21-16 06:09 PM
    I still visit daily but I can notice a difference in both the mood on here and my excitement versus either back in my BBOS days (2009-2011) or when I returned and fell in love with BB10 in December 2013. The last nine months or so have been pretty bleak. I just have zero interest in the Priv or any Android devices really. I still frequent webOS Nation so I'm sure I'll be coming here for years to come also.
    02-21-16 06:18 PM
    Ahhh the day Kevin left....

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 06:22 PM
    Like all things in life, we have to move on, and welcome the new... android is the only possible future for blackberry so i will remain buying BB products wherever they go. If they stop making phones one day, i'll just stick to the Nexus Phones.
    02-21-16 06:29 PM
    I still frequent webOS Nation so I'm sure I'll be coming here for years to come also.
    You're really in it for the long haul lol.
    02-21-16 06:47 PM
    I noticed the change in myself. I remember two and half years back when I shifted from bold to z10, daily morning first thing with half closed eyes I used to open CrackBerry with full excitement. This continued and reached heights during the launch of BBM cross platform, leaked OS,snap, sachesi, bar files, cobalts thread on play store etc etc. Then I bought passport and the world was new again.

But I notice the change now. My visit to this awesome place has reduced drastically. I can see two main reasons for it - rare new BlackBerry 10 apps and updates and launch of BlackBerry Priv.

Well I am sure, priv launch has given CrackBerry a whole bunch of new readers and contributors. And may be the developers of bb10 also have migrated to android. Its time for priv owners to experience the excitement in CrackBerry like I used to do few years back.

I hope I again get addicted to this forum. It used to be super fun. All that excitement, uniqueness, first time users in beta. Wow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150105_233407.jpg 
Views:	1712 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	391989

Posted via CB10

And, here I thought this was one of those social networks where everyone was just a bit to possessive of certain Manufacturers, Makes, models and so on, of what I first thought had something to do with toys that talked.

Of course some time later I realized it was about talking to toys.
    02-21-16 10:05 PM
44 12