I've been using the Blackberry Bold with an AT&T SIM card for a long time. I thought my SIM card would fit into an unlocked Passport phone, but I guess I was wrong. Do I really need a smaller SIM card for the Passport?
    09-19-15 06:06 PM
    Yes, you need a nano Sim. Don't cut your card, cut cards could damage the Sim pins. Go to your carrier and pay $10 or try to get one free. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    rcranz likes this.
    09-19-15 06:08 PM
    I've been using the Blackberry Bold with an AT&T SIM card for a long time. I thought my SIM card would fit into an unlocked Passport phone, but I guess I was wrong. Do I really need a smaller SIM card for the Passport?
    Just as Gus� said, go to an ATT owned store (best option), there you can get one free and information transferred immediately. Still you can call customer support for more information. All the best, mate!

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry� Passport SE
    rcranz likes this.
    09-19-15 06:15 PM
    I had to get 2 new AT&T SIM cards this week -- a nano for a new Passport SE (the micro from my Z30 wouldn't fit) and a new full-size card for a Bold I'm resurrecting. They handed over both, for free, without batting an eye.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    rcranz likes this.
    09-19-15 06:44 PM
    Yes! I have a Bold and I want to try the Passport. So, they immediately gave you a Bold SIM and a nano-SIM for free? Do they also have an adapter for both sizes?
    09-19-15 06:49 PM
    Yes! I have a Bold and I want to try the Passport. So, they immediately gave you a Bold SIM and a nano-SIM for free? Do they also have an adapter for both sizes?
    Don't use an adapter, you are asking for trouble. There are many threads of the Sim pins breaking. I almost broke the pins on my bold 9900 with an adapter. I haven't used an adapter since. You can change the Sim information online with your carrier. I recommend you use the appropriate card for each device.

Posted via CB10
    rcranz likes this.
    09-19-15 06:52 PM
    DON'T chance it, mate. Go to a store and have them help you (they will absorb any damage). However, get the right Sim for your device free or less than $10. I tried using an adapter for TMobile Sim, after days of connection issues, I went to a store.
    Good luck!

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry� Passport SE
    rcranz likes this.
    09-19-15 07:03 PM
    As others have said go to th store and they will provide you with a nano sim. I did this and they didn't charge me anything. Even activated it for me and called customer service for me. When i walked out everything was working.

Posted via CB10
    rcranz likes this.
    09-19-15 07:58 PM
    Att store gave me the card free... at the time they never heard from of the BlackBerry Passport... same card as for the iFone with NFC feature on card... NANO SIM

Bumpkin
    rcranz likes this.
    09-19-15 10:50 PM
    I walked into the AT&T store with only my Blackberry Bold in hand. I asked for a Nano SIM card. She wouldn't give me a Nano card unless I had the Passport phone with me. She also said I would be required to upgrade my phone plan once I bring in my "smartphone". (I guess she didn't consider my Blackberry Bold to be a smartphone.)

Anyways, I ran home and got my unlocked (non-AT&T) Passport. I brought it back to the AT&T store. A guy helped me this time. I asked him for a Nano SIM card and he got it for me no problem. Free of charge. What I find unusual is that he didn't say anything about phone plans. He didn't even ask if I wanted the 1 GB data plan or anything at all. I'll do research into this later. For now I just wanna play with my phone!
    09-19-15 11:21 PM
    ^^The girl is business minded... while the guy probably wants to go home early...

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:28 PM
    The guy was cool. I asked if they sold microSD cards. He told me NOT to buy it from his store because they were over $50. He sure ain't helping the AT&T business, but I appreciate his honesty, haha!
    09-19-15 11:31 PM
    Did the lady look over your account before she made that comment? Also, why would you go in, knowing you were going in to get a sim for the Passport and not bring the Passport?

In the end it worked out for, but that made no sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 09:27 AM
    They have my account information. I figured they could have just gave me a nano SIM card right away. Also, the AT&T store is across my street, so it was not a long commute at all. 8)
    09-23-15 05:52 AM