I was tired of waiting for my order so i bought a passport outright from Bell

I just received it today and planning to return my Bell PP but i find the Bell PP keyboard to be more responsive and less stiff. I tried to "warm up" the keyboard even gave it a massage. Specifically the right side of the keyboard is stiff with delete button being extra hard to press.

I don't know if i would've noticed or cared if i never had the Bell PP but it's bothering me now. Side by side Bell keyboard is more click and feels better.

Anybody experience this?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:03 AM
    I had the same thing with my Telus keyboard and it took a couple weeks for it to work in

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-24-14 08:05 AM
    I was tired of waiting for my order so i bought a passport outright from Bell

I just received it today and planning to return my Bell PP but i find the Bell PP keyboard to be more responsive and less stiff. I tried to "warm up" the keyboard even gave it a massage. Specifically the right side of the keyboard is stiff with delete button being extra hard to press.

I don't know if i would've noticed or cared if i never had the Bell PP but it's bothering me now. Side by side Bell keyboard is more click and feels better.

Anybody experience this?

Posted via CB10
    So keep the bell one instead.... problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:09 AM
    I thought space bar on mine is a bit stiffer than other keys...
    10-24-14 08:13 AM
    Bell one is $50 more and is locked to Bell so I'd like to return the Bell one

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:19 AM
    My "F" and "U" key are quite easy to press.

Thanks
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    10-24-14 08:24 AM
    what about the "C" and "K"? are they alright? careful then...

My "F" and "U" key are quite easy to press.

Thanks
    10-24-14 08:51 AM
    what about the "C" and "K"? are they alright? careful then...
    hmmm....come to think of it.... a stiff keyboard, errr.... stiff "C" and "K" ..... yes, it happens

how is the "C" and "T" in your case?
    10-24-14 09:07 AM
    i am using a z30 at the moment, and all the keys seem to be the same to me...

hmmm....come to think of it.... a stiff keyboard, errr.... stiff "C" and "K" ..... yes, it happens

how is the "C" and "T" in your case?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-24-14 09:12 AM
    My passport key's were a bit stiff when I first got it, but after a couple weeks of using it, the keys are great. Just needs to be worked in a bit I guess. No big deal to me!
    10-24-14 09:21 AM
    i am using a z30 at the moment, and all the keys seem to be the same to me...

LOL (good one)
    ok, so you swipe your "C" and "T" ... no harm in that.

maybe an all touch Passport would be ideal... but wait, no more stiff "C" and "K" ?
    hmmm....not sure I would want that though....
    10-24-14 09:22 AM
    My passport key's were a bit stiff when I first got it, but after a couple weeks of using it, the keys are great. Just needs to be worked in a bit I guess. No big deal to me!
    I completely agree. I was getting some pretty bad thumb strain for a day or so but the keys are fine now. I don't know if I simply more accustomed to the keyboard or if the keys have loosened up. Actually I don't care why. All I know if that typing is much easier than it was on day one.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:34 AM
    hahaha stiff or not stiff, that is the question... maybe it's a good idea to have a stiff "C" and "K" if you are in the middle of an argument... that way you don't use it too loosely... so, if you are using a touch screen phone in a conversation that goes south, kindly say: excuse me, i need to switch to my passport... and then, continue your conversation with stiff "C" and "K"

LOL (good one)

maybe an all touch Passport would be ideal... but wait, no more stiff "C" and "K" ?
    10-24-14 09:36 AM
    hahaha stiff or not stiff, that is the question... maybe it's a good idea to have a stiff "C" and "K" if you are in the middle of an argument... that way you don't use it too loosely... so, if you are using a touch screen phone in a conversation that goes south, kindly say: excuse me, i need to switch to my passport... and then, continue your conversation with stiff "C" and "K"
    LOL
    gallopiton.... giddy up!

regardless, I hope the OP (and others that are challenged by the PP keyboard) overcome the stiffness... it is an amazing feeling.

lets all remember, the PP keyboard is a capacitive one..... some may find it stiffer than previous qwerty devices but I believe it is made that way so that it can respond/accommodate both the rough and gentle strokes.....
    10-24-14 09:50 AM
    I did notice a difference between the keyboards of the first Passport I received from Amazon and the second one from shop BlackBerry. In my case, the second one feels more crisp and easier to press. Not sure if it's a psychological thing, or what,.. but it was what I first noticed.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:53 AM
    i would say, maybe not entirely but in some measure, the psychological thing plays its part... people tend to compare stuff all the time... so, for instance, assuming you came from a touch screen, the first one for sure was stiffed... and when you mentally compared the 1st and the 2nd, you were more prepared for a physical key... again, i am not saying that's the issue, just mentioning it as a side note...

I did notice a difference between the keyboards of the first Passport I received from Amazon and the second one from shop BlackBerry. In my case, the second one feels more crisp and easier to press. Not sure if it's a psychological thing, or what,.. but it was what I first noticed.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:07 AM
    i would say, maybe not entirely but in some measure, the psychological thing plays its part... people tend to compare stuff all the time... so, for instance, assuming you came from a touch screen, the first one for sure was stiffed... and when you mentally compared the 1st and the 2nd, you were more prepared for a physical key... again, i am not saying that's the issue, just mentioning it as a side note...
    That's quite likely what it is. I remember when I first started on the first Passport it felt very stiff coming from a Z30,.. even went through a sore thumb phase. I guess now they're conditioned and ready to go.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:15 AM
    I think you guys are forgetting the two phones are side by side in front of me. The psychological aspect was there when i switched from Q10 to passport but doesn't apply here.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:43 AM
    My first passport had some issues with the software, after speaking to BlackBerry numerous times and reloads, reboots etc, it was determined to be a defective device. The second one I'm using now has an odd clicking and ticking noise with the 'U I O' keys. It almost feels as though something is loose and shaky inside that area, the rest of the keyboard works fine and gives the normal feedback. The space bar feels stiffer on this one, but in time they usually loosen up.
    They're sending me another one and this one will go back when it comes.
    I love the phone though, BlackBerry user for 7 years now, and I also know that this isn't the norm.
    10-24-14 10:52 AM
    I thought space bar on mine is a bit stiffer than other keys...
    Yes mine too but if you hit it direct center it's ok. May as well just made it another normal key and added a couple extra keys...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:14 AM
    LOL (good one)

Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:15 AM
    no worries, my comment wasn't putting any vale to your statement, i totally believe when you say that the keys are stiffed... i was more commenting as a side note about the psychological part of human beings... now, are they stiffed to the point where you think that you don't like it/cannot handle it? or just an observation?

I think you guys are forgetting the two phones are side by side in front of me. The psychological aspect was there when i switched from Q10 to passport but doesn't apply here.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:16 AM
    My space bar feels slightly different than all the rest, but it seems to be evening out the more I type. Seems like the keyboard just needs to be broken in.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:26 AM
    Perhaps some of the "new" devices are returns.

When I opened my new shopbb PP, I noticed multiple security stickers and the bottom ones were already cut and there were large score marks near the them on the interior box. The plastic near the power button and usb ports had also been moved

A hard case in a separate order had a torn plastic bag and a tape strip with little adhesive.
    I'm not concerned enough for a return but wish I'd been able to purchase a PP at a brick and mortar.
    10-24-14 11:33 AM
    Perhaps some of the "new" devices are returns.

When I opened my new shopbb PP, I noticed multiple security stickers and the bottom ones were already cut and there were large score marks near the them on the interior box. The plastic near the power button and usb ports had also been moved

A hard case in a separate order had a torn plastic bag and a tape strip with little adhesive.
    I'm not concerned enough for a return but wish I'd been able to purchase a PP at a brick and mortar.
    Wow, that does sound very shady. Luckily none of my packaging seemed to show any signs of re-sealing.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:43 AM