I've been looking to send videos from my YouTube app's on my Passport to Samsung SmartTVs. Would anyone know a way or an app (Preferably BB10), that would help me?

Still, A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    04-06-18 10:12 AM
    I remember natively being able to Miracast (show my Passport screen "as is" on the TV).

However, you should be able to through a third-party app:
    https://crackberry.com/cast-blackber...youtube-videos
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en
    04-06-18 11:22 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have seen android devices that have the ability via internal software or an app, to connect wirelessly; which lead me to wonder if BlackBerry had that capability.

04-06-18 01:26 PM
    As mentioned above, Miracast is natively built into bb10 at least on the passport. If your TV supports Miracast, it should work. Miracast is under the device WiFi settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-18 01:57 PM
    Miracast works depending on your TV capabilities. Can also use Miracast to connect to Roku 3

Posted via CB10
    04-06-18 01:59 PM
    My Passport connects to Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter. Bought it recently and its not a bad price as it is oldish now.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-18 03:21 PM
    ...I forget how I set it up, but if you have YT on your TV you can 'control' it with you BB10 device. When linked there will be a little icon in the upper right corner on the YT 'app' on your phone...looks like a little TV screen with a wireless signal on it... tap that and select your TV and it will shift the video to the TV leaving the controls on your phone.

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    04-06-18 03:24 PM
    Yeah, I must be missing a step or disabled something. Because I'm dealing with two circa 2015 and newer Samsung TV's. And the funny part is that I can view my internal files, pictures and videos, just by allowing permission. But haven't figured out how to get it to show videos from the BlackBerry You Tube app or share from the apps like Fast Tube and Super Tube; which has a dedicated share feature.
    But thanks, now at least I know it's possible within the BB10 software framework. I just have some work to do.

hhuber2001 likes this.
    04-06-18 03:45 PM
    Yeah, I must be missing a step or disabled something. Because I'm dealing with two circa 2015 and newer Samsung TV's. And the funny part is that I can view my internal files, pictures and videos, just by allowing permission. But haven't figured out how to get it to show videos from the BlackBerry You Tube app or share from the apps like Fast Tube and Super Tube; which has a dedicated share feature.
    But thanks, now at least I know it's possible within the BB10 software framework. I just have some work to do.

I recall going through that many times, and then stumbling on the solution, and not remembering how I fixed it! Samsung and Vizio tv's. It is possible, I've done it. Go to display in settings, that might do. Awesome when it works.
    04-06-18 07:35 PM
    Those were the exact manufacturers I was having the issue with. I was going directly into the WiFi settings, but using the Display page got the device recognized by the TV for the first time. Thank you for the advice. And thanks to everyone for leading me in the right direction.

A BlackBerry Fan
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-06-18 09:50 PM
    Have you opened the WiFi settings then pressed Miracast on the right?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-18 04:35 AM
    Or you can go to Display settings and then Share Screen is at the bottom.

These are the first steps so you may have done them. Just thought I'd check!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-18 04:36 AM
    Yes, I have. I normally would use the pull down shortcut menu from the home screen and go directly to the WI-FI setting and attempt to connect MiraCast from there. Then brianwiebe reminded me that I could access MiraCast from the Display page. I had seen it there a thousand times and stubbornly just forgot it. Afterwards, I attempted accessing MiraCast from there, quite a few times and finally was able to get the TV to recognize the device. Subsequently, although hit or miss; it's slowly becoming more consistent with connecting using either option.
    I've had the Passport for a while and have been able to link to the SmartTVs via Bluetooth to share files and video. And my Z10 was able to connect using the HDMI connection. I thought I had gotten pretty good with my devices, so I began to believe that I was going crazy not being able to link to MiraCast .

Thanks again to all for getting me closer to a permanent solution!

04-08-18 06:53 AM
    I've been looking to send videos from my YouTube app's on my Passport to Samsung SmartTVs. Would anyone know a way or an app (Preferably BB10), that would help me?

Why not just log in to YouTube on your TV?

BlackBerry since 2006. Passport and KEYone
    04-08-18 11:42 AM
    That's been done, but in my experiences I'd found a subject on my device that I'd like to share with a room full of people. And it would be quicker and more efficient to show it on the large screen using MiraCast and not take a long time searching for it on the TV using the remote. My Samsungs have app capabilities, but the model of my Vizio does not.
    And I waited a while for the Passport to launch, just for the features it offered and I like to be able to take full advantage of them, as long as I can.

04-08-18 12:06 PM
    MiraCast and WiFi direct both work

BlackBerry since 2006. Passport and KEYone
    04-08-18 12:53 PM
    If they get flaky (Miracast) depending on speed and distance to and from your wifi router (or qualities of your wifi router, or how much other traffic is on your router, or other interference) for both the tv and your blackberry, you can resort to a cable connection using a slimport adapter (purchase separately) . Also the distance between your Passport and your TV may affect quality of Transmission with Miricast.

The Slimport you get must be compatible with Passport, don't confuse this with displayport when looking for an HDMI connection. You cannot connect an HDMI cable directly to a Passport, but you can connect it to a Slimport, and then plug the slimport into your TV. Other Blackberry devices do have a micro-hdmi port such as the BB10 BlackBerry z30 device /(Playbook is micro-hdmi as well) . So the slimport acts as a convertor between the blackberry micro-usb port so that you can attach a regular HDMI cable , which you then attach to your tv (Smart TV or non-smartTV as long as it has HDMI inputs, you are good to go.)

Note you can also connect the Passport to a monitor, projector or TV using either VGA, displayport,DVI or HDMI connector. But you must purchase the correct USB-to-x adapter, where x is either Displayport,DVI or HDMI cable interface. You should also have the appropriate cable to plug into the slimport adapter. Note as well VGA doesn't doesnt carry audio while HDMI does.
    Here's a demo:
    04-08-18 03:31 PM
    I thought Miracast had nothing to do with the router? Is it not just WiFi of phone to WiFi of device?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-18 04:51 PM
    I thought Miracast had nothing to do with the router? Is it not just WiFi of phone to WiFi of device?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and WiFi comes from the router, so the router ultimately determines the network performance.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-18 07:21 PM
    Yes, and WiFi comes from the router, so the router ultimately determines the network performance.

Posted via CB10
    No, the way this works is that that phone transmits directly to the wireless display adapter (peer to peer WiFi direct standard). That is why it is so good, there's no middle man in the form of a router to mess it up. You can switch your router off and try if you like. Also my display adapter has no facility to connect to a wireless router, it only finds Miracast devices, like my Passport.

I think Chromecast and others works in the way you think, via the router, which is a much worse way of doing things.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-18 01:44 AM