I have never put mine in my jeans pocket and sat down. From time to time it heats up a bit but just at a normal temperature. I have absolutely no screen lift or any other issues with mine. If there is no pressure on the frame to bend why would the screen lift at all?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:58 PM
    I have never put mine in my jeans pocket and sat down. From time to time it heats up a bit but just at a normal temperature. I have absolutely no screen lift or any other issues with mine. If there is no pressure on the frame to bend why would the screen lift at all?

Posted via CB10
    Because if you have the phone in your front pocket the corners of the device receive a small amount of pressure on the extreme corners. Over time the corners gradually bend away from the front face ever so slightly. The glue then gives away and screen comes away. Anyone who carries their device in their pocket try it.

Put the phone on a flat surface, in my case a glass table face down so it's not sitting on the raised camera area. On my new device the phones is flat, tapping the corners of the device makes no difference. On my old one tapping one corner raises the other because of the bow. If your phones does this but the screen hasn't lifted it's because the glue is holding...for now anyway.

Posted by Passport on bb10 but not sure for how much longer!
    01-09-16 04:12 PM
    Just to add to that, another test is if you find the phone is twisted with the above test, look down the face of the phone level in front of you and eye it through. You can probably make out the twist, in the case of screen lift, twist the device in which ever direction to take the twist out and you will see the gap on the screen close.

Unfortunately this doesn't re-adhere the glue. It will lift again as soon as you stop twisting.

01-09-16 04:46 PM
    When will people stop posting this stuff. Get over it. A submillimeter edge of a screen unevenness. Wow.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 05:37 PM
    When will people stop posting this stuff. Get over it. A submillimeter edge of a screen unevenness. Wow.

Posted via CB10
    So you would be cool With light from the screen bleeding through the side of the case plus a gap for dust to get in?

01-09-16 07:36 PM
    The replacement (brand new) from Amazon had a raised screen out of the box. Absolutely nothing to do with putting the phone in your pocket.

It's a manufacturing problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 03:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    People won't ever stop posting this stuff because it's a perfectly valid issue to discuss.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 03:58 AM
    So you would be cool With light from the screen bleeding through the side of the case plus a gap for dust to get in?

Fanboys defend BlackBerry for absolutely anything. Even though that is utterly counter-productive.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 03:59 AM
    So beyond the bit of lifting in the top right corner, is there any other downsides? Purely a cosmetic thing? My second hand att passport is now doing this and obviously I can't get warranty. It's really not that bad if I can just ignore it.

Does it get worse to the point of failure? Has anyone ever done a teardown of the att passport?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 05:18 PM
    I have read about this issue a few times, I guess I am fortunate as I use a holster to carry my BBPPSE and I slapped a seidio case on this puppy before it was even 5 seconds out of the box :-)

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    01-10-16 06:49 PM
    Mine happened as soon as I started using wireless charging. I noticed that after picking the phone up off the wireless charging pad in the morning that it was quite warm. I guess this warming up is what loosened the glue. Kind of a f*cking pissoff because I specifically bought the att passport for its wireless charging ability.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 07:11 PM
    Both times my PP had screen lift it was from a heat issue in the top right corner. It's a terrible design, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 07:44 PM
    For the people that are complaining about the screen lift issue: how much exactly is the screen actually lifting? Reason why I ask is that I just got my SE today and I was impressed as soon as I opened the box at the aesthetic of it! But the top right corner of the screen is lifted just a fraction of a width of human hair. If I push it down, it stays compressed for awhile. If it's really only just lifted ever so slightly, is this any reason to be concerned? Or is it really just a non-issue?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 11:43 PM
    For the people that are complaining about the screen lift issue: how much exactly is the screen actually lifting? Reason why I ask is that I just got my SE today and I was impressed as soon as I opened the box at the aesthetic of it! But the top right corner of the screen is lifted just a fraction of a width of human hair. If I push it down, it stays compressed for awhile. If it's really only just lifted ever so slightly, is this any reason to be concerned? Or is it really just a non-issue?

Posted via CB10
    It depends on the individual device.

The first of the two I ordered has very slight lift, that isn't really visible unless you look close-up. Sounds more like yours.

The second of the two had a more pronounced lift on the right that was clearly visible, in my opinion without having to look for it. I'd say the lift there was in the region on 3/4mm. It was more right side than left.

Others have posted photos with more lift still.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 04:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    As long as it never happens to you, all is fine and dandy, right?

*C5303
    Deckard79 likes this.
    01-12-16 04:45 AM
    BlackBerry User: 'There's a problem with my BlackBerry that I wish to discuss on a BlackBerry forum.'
    BlackBerry Fanboy: 'How DARE you?! Shame on you!'

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 05:08 AM
    Mine also has that screenlift, but it doesn't bother me. I found it because I looked for it. If it doesn't get worse, no problem for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 02:31 PM
    This is compounded further by BlackBerry using the thinnest strip of crap double sided tape to hold the screen on. The screen is the only part that stays straight. When the body twists the screen comes away from the body.
    I wonder if 'gorilla glue' which has been recommended to mount the Z30's touch screen to it's frame would work in this situation, after the device is out of warranty?
    01-14-16 02:52 PM
    I got my SE 2 weeks ago and the screen was slightly lifted on same corner. I fixed by putting pressure on the corner while I left it charging over night. I did this for the first three nights and now after 10 days it's perfect, it hasn't lifted.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 04:35 PM
    I wonder if 'gorilla glue' which has been recommended to mount the Z30's touch screen to it's frame would work in this situation, after the device is out of warranty?
    Someone posted a fix using super glue. It's a gamble though and would be difficult to remove again if you need to replace the screen. Looking at mine it seems like some of the glue which is like a thin black double sided tape has stuck in some parts on the screen and some on the body. I'll try and get a photo.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 02:22 PM
    Most of the phones with this problem can be fixed by heating up the area and put presure on it.
    My Z10 had a similar problem and it fixed by itself during the summer.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 03:22 AM
    Sorry about the quality of the pics but you can sort of make it out. You can see where the tape has stuck to the screen in three points but has came away from the body.

My PP SE top part of screen slightly raised-img_20160117_114458.jpg

My PP SE top part of screen slightly raised-img_20160117_114413.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 11:46 AM
    That looks bad
    01-17-16 12:52 PM
    Just push the screen back down every couple of days if it bothers you...... I don't see it ever being an issue....

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 11:07 PM
    BlackBerry User: 'There's a problem with my BlackBerry that I wish to discuss on a BlackBerry forum.'
    BlackBerry Fanboy: 'How DARE you?! Shame on you!'

Posted via CB10
    yeah, that's true.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:01 AM
65 123