Guys is this a manufacturing defect or have a prblm here as my top part of the screen is slightly raised frm left to rght side. I mean slighty raised up frm the ear piece. There's toatal uniformity when I touch with my finger frm start to end it's slightly raised more than the silver bezel only top part.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 02:41 AM
    Sir I found a solution to the problem pls remove this thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 06:44 AM
    What is the solution you found ? Can be helpful.
    jope28 likes this.
    12-14-15 07:08 AM
    Solution???
    12-14-15 08:14 AM
    Sir I found a solution to the problem pls remove this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Come on, buddy.
    Share da knowledge!

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2813 CB10 
    ckasey likes this.
    12-14-15 08:57 AM
    The solution is probably that there was no problem in the first place.... lol

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 05:12 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 06:23 PM
    There is a problem my is coming loose on the top right. I can push it down and it slowly comes back up

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 06:24 PM
    Come on, buddy.
    Share da knowledge!

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2813 CB10 
    He used duct tape, sold the Passport, and replaced it with the Priv.

Kidding!

*C5303
    jope28 likes this.
    12-14-15 06:36 PM
    Thought I saw a thread here indicating a tiny bit of super glue dies the job.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 07:10 PM
    Welcome to the screen lift stage. My top screen is the exact same thing. Slight raise the entire top from the metal. Don't feel like I know enough to raise the screen and tape/glue it down myself. I exchanged my Passport SE 5 times for the same issue. Learning to live with it.
    12-14-15 07:24 PM
    Hi yes used the duct tape now all good as new.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 03:32 AM
    Hi yes used the duct tape now all good as new.

Posted via CB10
    So how did you do it? The slight raise doesn't have enough room to squeeze a paper clip through. How did you lift off the screen? And how did you duct tape?
    12-16-15 03:19 AM
    I gave it to the authorized center costed me 20 usd but it did the trick. He told me he used the tape Wht matters is now it's brand new.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 04:14 AM
    Yep, mine has the same. I can't remember noticing it until the past week or so, so I believe it has come about gradually over the month since I purchased it.

It's only slight, so far. It is easier to feel than see, but you can see it if you look for it. I believe it is to do with the adhesive gradually losing... adhesiveness!

I'm sending mine back for a replacement. Though I could live with it, I don't want to risk it worsening.

If the replacement has the same, I'll go for a refund.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 07:34 AM
    You dont deserve this phone, go ahead and request a refund already.
    01-06-16 08:08 PM
    You dont deserve this phone, go ahead and request a refund already.
    That made me laugh - thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 10:37 AM
    Is it really that hard to type 'from' instead of 'frm'? LmAo

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-16 11:30 PM
    I received my replacement Passport SE today from Amazon. Interestingly the manufacture date is the same as the previous device.

It has an even more-pronounced lift at the top right than on the device I am returning unfortunately so as many others have mentioned, it does seem to be at the point of manufacture.

Going to have a refund on it, and see what alternatives there are. Guess I may give the Priv a bash, as BlackBerry is still my preferred choice.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 12:04 PM
    When will people stop putting large phones in the pockets of tight jeans...... lol

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 02:46 PM
    Nothing to do with tight jeans most probably. I chatted with guy who repairs smartphone screens for a living and he was complaining that plenty of manufacturers doesn't put together glass to frame properly. He uses some kind of sticky tape, glue on both sides.
    I would guess that it would be heat combined with less than ideal manufacturing.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:02 PM
    When will people stop putting large phones in the pockets of tight jeans...... lol

Posted via CB10
    So where would you suggest people carry their phones? I would say 90% of people carry their devices in their pocket. In my case I don't wear tight jeans and the trousers I wear for work are builders combat style trousers with very roomy pockets. The phone will go out of shape unless I decide to carry a man bag.

It's clearly something BlackBerry didn't take into account at design stage. Fair enough it's the same size as a passport which fits into your pocket however bending over the corners of a real passport has little or no effect where as a rigid electronic device is a totally different matter.

I have just replaced my Passport through warranty for screen lift. They sent out a new one and I need to send mine back so it's the first time I've managed to see two side by side on a flat surface. You can clearly see how out of shape mine is compared to the new unit.

This is compounded further by BlackBerry using the thinnest strip of crap double sided tape to hold the screen on. The screen is the only part that stays straight. When the body twists the screen comes away from the body.

Posted by Passport on bb10 but not sure for how much longer!
    01-09-16 03:04 PM
    So where would you suggest people carry their phones? I would say 90% of people carry their devices in their pocket. In my case I don't wear tight jeans and the trousers I wear for work are builders combat style trousers with very roomy pockets. The phone will go out of shape unless I decide to carry a man bag.

It's clearly something BlackBerry didn't take into account at design stage. Fair enough it's the same size as a passport which fits into your pocket however bending over the corners of a real passport has little or no effect where as a rigid electronic device is a totally different matter.

I have just replaced my Passport through warranty for screen lift. They sent out a new one and I need to send mine back so it's the first time I've managed to see two side by side on a flat surface. You can clearly see how out of shape mine is compared to the new unit.

This is compounded further by BlackBerry using the thinnest strip of crap double sided tape to hold the screen on. The screen is the only part that stays straight. When the body twists the screen comes away from the body.

I do think a man purse is the answer.......or a holster... lol

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:38 PM
    It's the cheap double sided tape or glue that's being used. When the phone gets hot from being used this is what happens same thing with the toolbelt on my classic it starts creaking when being used but after I press down on it, it cools down and it's in complete silence. BlackBerry knew this before producing the SE and just ignored it.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:49 PM
    It's a bit like them air investigation programmes. It's not one disaster it's a series of smaller ones. Crap glue, bending of phone, device warms and softens glue and hey ho screen lifts.

01-09-16 03:53 PM
65 123