What's this I hear about people getting a Passport and then complaining about the quality of their photographs? Well, that may be the case for you guys, but since I got my Passport my photographs have got way better than when I used my previous smartphones.

And I used some excellent camera-phones - the Lumia 920, 1020 and 1520. They had brilliant cameras, and they took great pics. Even my Q10 was pretty decent, but not to the Lumia standard.

Then I got my Passport......and my pics improved!

How?

Simple. I tried to take pics of my 4 year-old for a couple of weeks using my Passport. All I wound up with was blurs and faces turned away, etc. I kept missing the moment (and when you have a 4 year-old, the moments are very brief). And we were doing some cool things this winter - skating on the ponds here, snowshoeing, playing in the snow.

So, I gave up and started carrying my DSLR again when I knew we had a photo-op coming up. Now my pics are better than they've ever been. Action shots are amazingly detailed, panoramic views are beautiful and close-ups are superb.

While the pics from the Lumias were great, they did not match up with a DSLR - especially with the range of lenses I have for mine. However, given the bulk of the DSLR package, it was just more convenient to leave it at home and take the pics with the Lumias. This is not an option with the Passport, so it indirectly is the cause of my photographs improving a lot.

Thank you, Passport!!
    Last edited by yohannrjm; 02-11-15 at 08:41 PM.
    ooklah and dejanh like this.
    02-11-15 06:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 07:41 PM
    Honestly, this isnt a blog. Your just telling a story that has nothing to do with passport or even blackberry. Im happy for you and your son, but this isnt the right place for such things.

N95->ip1->N97->9700->ip4->sensation xe->one x->s3->9780->note2->z10->z30->passport
    02-11-15 07:50 PM
    Honestly, this isnt a blog. Your just telling a story that has nothing to do with passport or even blackberry. Im happy for you and your son, but this isnt the right place for such things.

N95->ip1->N97->9700->ip4->sensation xe->one x->s3->9780->note2->z10->z30->passport
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I thought a little levity about the Passport Camera problem would be a welcome change from all the complaining. It seems I may have been wrong.

Perhaps a Mod can delete this thread, as it apparently doesn't add anything to this forum.
    02-11-15 08:16 PM
    Where are the pics?

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-11-15 08:18 PM
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I thought a little levity about the Passport Camera problem would be a welcome change from all the complaining. It seems I may have been wrong.

Perhaps a Mod can delete this thread, as it apparently doesn't add anything to this forum.
    I enjoyed the read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-11-15 08:18 PM
    That was only one's opinion. I doubt that it's among the masses.

I too take excellent pictures!, whenever my wife lets me use her DSLR.
    02-11-15 08:26 PM
    Good story. Made me chuckle.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 08:28 PM
    That was only one's opinion. I doubt that it's among the masses.

I too take excellent pictures!, whenever my wife lets me use her DSLR.
    Yep, I was being a little sarcastic with my 'request to a mod'. Sarcasm just doesn't come across in a forum post.

Here are some pics from the Passport (pretty nice, except for the escaped kid in the last one).

02-11-15 08:36 PM
    And here are some from the DSLR. Nothing special, but in really windy weather. Note the detail on the cattails.

The last one's during the blizzard we had a few weeks ago. I think Photobucket messes with the detail on the pics.
    02-11-15 08:40 PM
    But these are pics you took with your dsrl. I dont get what that has to do with the passport.

02-11-15 08:43 PM
    Great set!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-11-15 08:43 PM
    Good for you. Carry that camera around in your pocket? For those quick get a pic moments?
    02-11-15 08:46 PM
    Good for you. Carry that camera around in your pocket? For those quick get a pic moments?
    Ha! Yes, that's hard to do (carry an SLR wherever you go), but the Passport is actually quite good at getting pics of mostly still objects. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the hardware. I just hope the slow focus can be fixed.

I did get Camera++ in the hope that it would be better than the stock camera app, but it's about the same (with a few improvements).

Anyway, the Passport is okay - and it reminded me that no phone is a match for a DSLR, so I just carry one when I know there's going to be a chance of a good photo-shoot. If nothing else, I'm glad that it made me dig out the 'real' camera.
    02-11-15 09:46 PM
    Yep. It isn't that bad from picks I've seen on here of stills. It will be awhile before any phone matches a DSLR.
    02-11-15 09:56 PM
    Great post! Thanks! People complain about the camera too much, it's nice to see someone finally see it for what it is.
    02-11-15 09:58 PM
    The leaks I have added seem to show improvement in the camera focusing. OS 10.3.1.2267 for me is doing a good job of locking in quickly. I am sure BlackBerry is working to resolve everyone's complaints.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-11-15 11:21 PM