Since I got my lovely passport from shop BlackBerry two weeks ago my volume up button is not responding. I called BlackBerry support and they asked me to hard rest and rebuild but it didn't fix the issue. Thereafter they transferred me to Digital River to obtain a refund which I didn't want. I want to keep my passport but they said that they do not exchange and I should get a refund after I return the device and repurchase it. I'm supposed to wait to for an email with return label to attach with the device before mailing it back. Anyone face a similar problem? Isn't there an easier fix?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 03:09 AM
    Isn't there an easier fix?
    Honestly why would you bother looking for an 'easier fix'? If a button is busted a button is busted, get a new one.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-07-14 03:12 AM
    Because I have to return it and reorder. It took me a month to get it and don't want to go through the hassle.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 03:16 AM
    Because I have to return it and reorder. It took me a month to get it and don't want to go through the hassle.

Posted via CB10
    So you'd rather have what is clearly a busted device? The chances of it being a software is slim to none.
    11-07-14 03:19 AM
    It's not a software issue, then I will have to return it. I'm trying to see if there is any other way.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:01 AM
    Well there isn't, it's a hardware issue so return the phone and re-order a new one. Yes it's a pain but a busted button isn't going to be an easy fix lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:26 AM
    It actually could be a software issue. What apps are you running in background. Some apps will screw with volume key.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:46 AM
    It actually could be a software issue. What apps are you running in background. Some apps will screw with volume key.

Posted via CB10
    HUB++ is known to cause a lot of issues with people on the volume up key. You have to disable that feature in the app to get full control again. My past experience.
    11-07-14 07:03 AM
    I don't have HUB++, I'm going to check the other apps I have installed. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 11:31 AM
    Dude..... return it and get a different one........ they're in stock now... it won't be much of a hassle
    11-07-14 01:46 PM
    Thanks I will return it as soon as Digital River send me the return ticket number which they promised to email me in 3 days a week ago. This is really frustrating, I would have a new one by now if they just let me return it and refund me. I will buy from Amazon this time, I think there after sales customer service is much more robust.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:17 PM
    I've made sure to have backup devices just in case of a need to return a device. Electronics are not 100% reliable.
    11-09-14 01:16 PM
    I still have my trusted Z30

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 01:30 PM
    Nooooooo just got my passport this last Friday. On Monday I noticed a screen capture was taken about 4 times, I just did it once.

Yesterday I noticed volume up wasn't working I restarted then worked again. Last night I had a normal shutdown reason lack of battery and today I notice volume up is not working neither after 2 restarts.

I had it bought from shopblackberry.com through a third company. I waited 3 weeks to have it in Bolivia.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:30 PM
    I had the same problem as the OP but my volume down key was not working. I got my passport ordered around Oct 3rd and it took two weeks for it to ship. Shopblackberry had use backlog at that time which explained by it took long for the people who ordered around that time.

Last week I was frustrated and wanted to return my passport back..but I was afraid that it would take long for my to receive my 2nd BlackBerry passport.

But since there was a huge quantity available at Shopblackberry..i decided to order another one. Thankfully it arrived yesterday and I made the order on the 7th.

It was really quick so if you are debating to return and order a new one..do it now!! They have many in stock.

Thankfully my new passport works perfectly and both volume keys work.

BlackBerry Passport - 10.3 - WIND Mobile
    11-12-14 01:42 PM
    Maybe someone find this useful :

I press that part of the display and back and it works again. It is a little press, nothing hard.

I wonder if it is a problem with the chip or the assembly. I tried to dissamble and found the gold passport video.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:15 AM

I press that part of the display and back and it works again. It is a little press, nothing hard.

I wonder if it is a problem with the chip or the assembly. I tried to dissamble and found the gold passport video.

Posted via CB10
    Gmsm is right, I had the same problem with volume down key and pressing agains agains back right behind the key "solved" problem. It's working perfectly for now anyway. Might buy me a few more months. I had my passport for one year. (it's a real chore backing up and transferring data".
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    09-16-15 12:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have this same problem. Where you press is exactly where the ribbon connects..... I'm thinking loose ribbon....... I don't want to take mine apart until after warranty expires....

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 06:19 PM
    I have the same problem. Tried to do everything but it's still not working. Please help...
    05-08-16 09:59 PM
    While this is likely a hdw issue, I was able to find a work around. My BlackBerry Passport volume up button has been acting up, the down works fine. Swipe down to display the settings menu -> main volume.

You can set the volume via software in there.
    12-25-17 06:28 AM
    It is a hardware issue, and you have to change the bezel.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-17 12:13 PM