My pc doesn't recognize my passport. I doesn't indicate that a device has been plugged in. I've searched through posts and Google but no relevant post. I've installed necessary drivers and blackberry blend and link also. Anything it tries to connect my phone restarts. Once my pc indicates that a device is plugged in, my BlackBerry Passport restarts. Pls anyone who has a solution. I've also done security wipe but still the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-20 10:40 PM
    My pc doesn't recognize my passport. I doesn't indicate that a device has been plugged in. I've searched through posts and Google but no relevant post. I've installed necessary drivers and blackberry blend and link also. Anything it tries to connect my phone restarts. Once my pc indicates that a device is plugged in, my BlackBerry Passport restarts. Pls anyone who has a solution. I've also done security wipe but still the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    Are you using the BlackBerry cable that came with the phone?

Have you tried different usb cables and ports on the PC?
    06-20-20 09:16 AM
    I'm yet to try other cables besides getting a cable that came with it these days is hard. What do you suggest even if I try other cables and still unable to connect to my pc?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 01:58 AM
    I'm yet to try other cables besides getting a cable that came with it these days is hard. What do you suggest even if I try other cables and still unable to connect to my pc?

Posted via CB10
    Go to settings, Network and Connections, USB, and ensure the Charge only switch is off.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 09:03 AM
    I've done that before. Several

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 09:29 AM
    I've done that, even gone through several posts on here but nothing specific to fix my issue. Anytime it seems it wants to connection, my passport restarts.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 09:31 AM
    Do you have another PC to try if it does the same there? What OS does your PC have?
    When the phone is off and connected, either then won't the PC recognize the phone? Doesn't it appear on windows device manager?

</Passport SQW100-1>
    06-21-20 09:35 AM
    My pc runs windows 10 version1909. When the pc tries to recognise my fone. My phone restarts automatically before device manager shows that a driver has been plugged in

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 09:41 AM
    Don't think Blend and Link work on Windows 10. You need something older like Windows 7.
    06-21-20 06:24 PM
    Don't think Blend and Link work on Windows 10.
    Sure they both do.
    06-21-20 06:45 PM
    Sure they both do.
    Not with the newer versions I believe

</Passport SQW100-1>
    06-21-20 07:13 PM
    My pc runs windows 10 version1909. When the pc tries to recognise my fone. My phone restarts automatically before device manager shows that a driver has been plugged in

Posted via CB10
    Well, I believe it shouldn't restart the phone, but I think BlackBerry Link has trouble connecting to phones with newer versions of Windows 10. Does a small notification about BlackBerry Device Manager appear on the bottom right corner? This is different than Windows Device Manager

</Passport SQW100-1>
    06-21-20 07:15 PM
    Not with the newer versions I believe

</Passport SQW100-1>
    Well your belief is not correct. I'm on Win 10 ver. 1909 (OS build 18363.900) which is the newest available. My Link works fine for my Passport, Z10 and even my old PlayBook. I also use Blend every single day.
    mh1983 likes this.
    06-21-20 07:26 PM
    Well your belief is not correct. I'm on Win 10 ver. 1909 (OS build 18363.900) which is the newest available. My Link works fine for my Passport, Z10 and even my old PlayBook. I also use Blend every single day.
    Ok

</Passport SQW100-1>
    06-21-20 07:31 PM
    Yeah it does appear at the bottom right conner in the quick action section of my pc

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 09:29 PM
    Haven't gotten any response concerning my issue. Pls isn't there anyone know out there to help with this issue

Posted via CB10
    06-24-20 06:46 AM
    Haven't gotten any response concerning my issue. Pls isn't there anyone know out there to help with this issue

Posted via CB10
    So you have tried other usb cables (preferably a BB cable)? Seriously, this is a good suggestion as I have personally seen cables that do NOT allow a good connection with BB10 devices. Also have you tried OTHER computers or other usb ports on your own computer? Does your Passport work well otherwise, when not connected to a PC? Hard reset hold power key down for 12 seconds until red led comes on?

I've never seen an issue such as you describe and I'm assuming not many others here have see this either. All I can tell you is that Link and Blend both WILL work fine on a Windows 10 machine as long as things are set up well.

In closing, make SURE you try a new, good usb cable and not some cheap cable.
    06-24-20 11:31 AM
    So you have tried other usb cables (preferably a BB cable)? Seriously, this is a good suggestion as I have personally seen cables that do NOT allow a good connection with BB10 devices. Also have you tried OTHER computers or other usb ports on your own computer? Does your Passport work well otherwise, when not connected to a PC? Hard reset hold power key down for 12 seconds until red led comes on?

I've never seen an issue such as you describe and I'm assuming not many others here have see this either. All I can tell you is that Link and Blend both WILL work fine on a Windows 10 machine as long as things are set up well.

In closing, make SURE you try a new, good usb cable and not some cheap cable.
    Thanks for the outlined solutions will try them out one after the other. I'm currently using INFINIX USB(araimo) cable which is fast and good with my other gadgets but don't know how good is it with BB

Posted via CB10
    06-24-20 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the outlined solutions will try them out one after the other. I'm currently using INFINIX USB(araimo) cable which is fast and good with my other gadgets but don't know how good is it with BB

Posted via CB10
    Having the exact same issue. Done everything as outlined here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13314790 but still the problem persists. I did get the "USB Surge Condition" message and haven't the slightest what to do now.
    02-24-21 03:35 PM
    After having lots of problems connecting with a certain PC, my new ATT PP connects like it's 2016. With my old devices I would have to sync immediately after a restart or it would not work.

In hindsight, I wonder if the quality of the power coming through the USB hub and the cable has to be perfect. Any weakness can cause problems. Lots of PCs and laptops have decaying USB hubs.

For some reason, my ATT PP is more forgiving.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-21 01:32 AM
    Ericturton
    In short, you can do know that : if you are want to connect your bb passport or any bb10 o.s device with windows 10 you should enable some features in windows 10 >>>> enable : SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support )
    *** do the following :
    Go to your Control Panel on your computer.

Click on Programs. Then under the larger menu of Programs and Features, select Turn Windows features on or off.

Windows Features will now pop up.
    My Passport won't connect to my PC.-smb-1-blackberry-playbook-wifi-share.png
    Click the checkbox next to SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support

or ::: ( type windows features in windows search in the task bar , then the pop up menu founded , enable the freature:SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support . then restart your pc . the device storage will be shown as a partition and if you have any card memory on the device it will be shown olso asa partition .

you can try now
    03-02-21 05:03 AM