Hi. I've been having some issues with my passport. It will not connect via USB. The computer doesn't even see it and when it does connect or when the computer does kinda see it, and by kinda see it I mean it will connect then immediately disconnect and the few times it did actually stay connected, it of course is not recognized in device manager. So, I know what you're thinking...just uninstall/install/reinstall the proper driver. Tried...still nada. Yes, I turned off mass storage mode. Yes I've done security wipes. Maybe the USB port is fried? Idk...maybe she doesn't like me anymore...? She's about to end up as another AS-IS ebay listing if she doesn't get her crap together.
    My Passport Will Not Connect Via USB-img_20160413_024700.png
    My Passport Will Not Connect Via USB-img_20160414_180205.png

Posted via CB10 On My CrackBerry Passport
    04-14-16 05:15 PM
    I've had all sort of issues getting anything OTHER than the official BlackBerry-branded USB cord to work when trying to sync my parents' blackberries up to their home PC. Try using the original cord, or perhaps a genuine Samsung cord for best results. El cheapo gas-station cords just don't work for those phones, period.
    04-14-16 10:19 PM
    Hi. I've been having some issues with my passport. It will not connect via USB. The computer doesn't even see it and when it does connect or when the computer does kinda see it, and by kinda see it I mean it will connect then immediately disconnect and the few times it did actually stay connected, it of course is not recognized in device manager. So, I know what you're thinking...just uninstall/install/reinstall the proper driver. Tried...still nada. Yes, I turned off mass storage mode. Yes I've done security wipes. Maybe the USB port is fried? Idk...maybe she doesn't like me anymore...? She's about to end up as another AS-IS ebay listing if she doesn't get her crap together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160413_024700.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	397134
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160414_180205.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	397135

Do you have BlackBerry Blend/Link installed? Are you using a Mac? And is your OSX El Capitan? If all this is the case, the fix is to remove a specific file that Link installs that El Capitan duplicates, and this results in a conflict. I forget the name of the file and the directory, but a search on Google and/or CB should find it for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 10:31 PM
    I did a quick search and found the answer that I posted in this thread, post #15.

It was Apple Support that gave me the answer in response to a bug report I submitted. Note that you'll have to reboot the Mac first, and there may be still some glitches in the Mac network configuration requiring a few tries at adding in the BlackBerry USB ports, of which there are two. This is more a partial workaround than a complete fix. The BlackBerry Link for Mac, which has had no updates since last July, is not really compatible with El Capitan.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nnect-1038952/

Again, this only applies to a Mac with El Capitan. If it's happening with Windows, I don't know the answer.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 11:44 PM
    Yea. Windows 10. I'm actually regretting not taking my ex up on her offer for her old Macbook.
    Idk. Windows 10 seems to be screwing up lately, but it's hard to believe that every single laptop, tablet and desktop is reacting this way to my Passport.
    I've been using the original BlackBerry cable, but I'm going to order another one just to be sure. I actually got rid of my Samsung cables because they break and are too short. Got some 6 footers.
    But I will keep trying until I get irked enough to sell her off as a parts phone.

04-15-16 02:25 AM
    Well, I just started experiencing a similar thing with my almost 2 year old Passport. When I connect it to my Windows 10 laptop via the OEM USB cord, my computer no longer recognizes it as a USB mass media device. No setting changes, no OS upgrades, no changes whatsoever to either my handset or my laptop.

It was all working fine yesterday. Interestingly, my Passport still charges through my laptop. My instinctive feeling is that something messed up on the hardware side of my Passport. All the software settings are correctly set. In any case, a very annoying situation to say the least. In the meantime, I've been transferring files I need to the cloud so I can access them on my laptop. Hopefully this will resolve itself but I have a feeling my Passport is broken. Sigh.
    07-10-16 12:26 PM
    I've had my Passport SE for a few months - and started having the same issues in the last couple of weeks (Dell XPS with Windows 10)...each time I've uninstalled and reinstalled BlackBerry Link - and it works perfectly - until it doesn't...and then here we go again!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 12:38 PM
    ^ It sounds like your issue might be software (i.e. BlackBerry Link) related. What happens when you try to connect your handset to your computer as a media storage device using the USB cord?
    07-10-16 12:45 PM
    While I haven't got a Passport, I've always had this problem with all my OS10 devices on Win 7. The first baby bold would connect sometimes, but then my Q10 and my Classic won't connect at all. So I have to back up with wifi but that only works on days that don't end in "y".
    The devices don't show up in Link anymore (they are listed but not live) and i"m using the cable that came with the phone (all three of them - the cables can't all be bad)
    I'm told by some to use device manager but BB says device manager is defunct and not needed anymore due to Link. Which is it?
    In the words of another user in the Classic forum - this Link/DM stuff is crap - it shouldn't be this hard to hook your phone to you computer. Quit buying hockey teams and get with the program BB!
    07-16-16 12:56 AM
    Awesome. Will try this out

Posted via BB.PPSE@CB10.ca
    08-14-16 09:27 PM