New silver edition owner here I love it, I was worried cos I really couldn't fault my z30 best fone I've owned well chuffed

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    11-21-15 09:35 AM
    While I have not tossed my laptop away, I have noticed that I use it a lot less since I bought my Passport one year ago. I refer to my Passport as "my handtop"
    This, sir, is a brilliant acronym. I shall adopt it! Thanks!
    11-21-15 10:33 AM
    You can add me to that list, I don't use my laptop anymore...just to update my PP lol and few tasks that still need some Windows software...

Posted via CB10
    Can you or someone "Quantify" this statement? I'm truly interested in a Passport. However, not until the unlocked straight buy price drops a bit more, and it will. I have a Z30 and that 5" screen comes no where near me being able to replace my Chromebook (laptop). Why is the Passport so different? Is it the touch sensitive keys, the keyboard in general, the screen size? Just very curious. Thank you!
    11-21-15 10:37 AM
    Can you or someone "Quantify" this statement? I'm truly interested in a Passport. However, not until the unlocked straight buy price drops a bit more, and it will. I have a Z30 and that 5" screen comes no where near me being able to replace my Chromebook (laptop). Why is the Passport so different? Is it the touch sensitive keys, the keyboard in general, the screen size? Just very curious. Thank you!
    Just heads up there is ATT PP for sale 300$ in market place, grab it!
    moody likes this.
    11-21-15 10:45 AM
    All of the above, the touch sensitive keyboard is amazing and the screen size is phenomenal. With Work Wide you can have two apps open on the screen at a time (currently limited as to what apps work, the ones available work perfect for my current needs). Just picked Editor so I can edit XML files for our server configs right on my Passport. She is absolutely beautiful and I am very pleased with my decision to stay with BlackBerry.

Posted from my beautiful PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.858
    11-21-15 10:56 AM
    No, you can't replace a laptop with a Passport. If all you do is email and browse the Web, you don't need a laptop at all.

I take all notes and research markups on a Wacom pennable windows hybrid, along with all the other document editing and academia-related work. There's absolutely no way in hell my Passport could replace any of that. Sorry.

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    11-21-15 10:57 AM
    I am ordering a BBPP SE today from Amazon deliver to Florida and.my cousin will bring it ba k with her when. She comes back to Jamaica after Thanksgiving.

In have all the same issues in that I love BB10, didn't want to pay for new apps (cheapskate) and see myself using it for the next 3yrs +

Digicel STL100-1 10.3.2.2474
    thorwiki likes this.
    11-21-15 11:14 AM
    Print Hammermill from the Amazon Appstore - a free printing app.
    Only Screenshots from BlackBerry World - free; puts all your screenshots in one place.
    rad.io from BlackBerry World - a free radio app with plenty of international stations.
    11-21-15 11:30 AM
    Yup, Kool. Mine is on the way too that I bought from B & H photo for $498 (shipping free, tax free). I will be getting mine Monday and am preparing for it. It will take the place of my Classic/Q10/Z30?z10. But I will still carry my BB9900 or BB9810 in addition to my new Passport.
    Is that the OG Passport? Amazon has the Silver Edition for about that same price. Just a heads up!

I personally am waiting for any Black Friday specials.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 11:59 AM
    Yes.
    11-21-15 12:07 PM
    I am ordering a BBPP SE today from Amazon deliver to Florida and.my cousin will bring it ba k with her when. She comes back to Jamaica after Thanksgiving.

In have all the same issues in that I love BB10, didn't want to pay for new apps (cheapskate) and see myself using it for the next 3yrs +

Digicel STL100-1 10.3.2.2474
    She may bring it back to Jamaica, but if she tries it out first, no way she's gonna give it to you. LoL
    miker476 likes this.
    11-21-15 12:09 PM
    I'm hoping to order mine today. I also will be coming from a z10

One app I know I will install is reddit in motion...use it everyday and can imagine it will be even more beautiful on the passport

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    11-21-15 12:15 PM
    I'm hoping to order mine today. I also will be coming from a z10

One app I know I will install is reddit in motion...use it everyday and can imagine it will be even more beautiful on the passport

Posted via CB10
    I'd heard the term "reddit" but never looked into what it was. Now I have Reddit in Motion on my Passport. Thanks for mentioning it!
    11-21-15 03:49 PM
    Mine too should be arriving by Monday but I have to wait until Christmas to use it as its a present to myself. This Leap will do until then.

Posted via CB10
    moody and so crow like this.
    11-21-15 03:52 PM
    I'd heard the term "reddit" but never looked into what it was. Now I have Reddit in Motion on my Passport. Thanks for mentioning it!
    I'll apologize to your spouse / employer for you...

Posted via CB10
    moody, eggman1987 and Judyam like this.
    11-21-15 04:33 PM
    Mine too should be arriving by Monday but I have to wait until Christmas to use it as its a present to myself. This Leap will do until then.

Posted via CB10
    You have more self-control than I do! LoL
    bigjman likes this.
    11-21-15 06:03 PM
    I'll apologize to your spouse / employer for you...

Posted via CB10
    Spouse, maybe. Employer, Nah. I'm way too busy at work to even think about anything else.
    11-21-15 06:04 PM
    I always knew about Reddit, but never jumped on board. On my Droid I use Flipboard as my news and social app, but kept it at that for years. I finally started using Reddit about six months ago. It's not addicting to me, it's more informative and enlightening. I find it more of a melded application of Flipboard, Facebook, and BBS all fused in together. I can see how someone could become addicted.

BTW, how I wish BB10 had Flipboard. That's the one app I'd not want to be without. It's one of the main reasons my 2nd line has a Droid on it. That and my Banking App that does not work side-loaded onto BB10.

Reddit In Motion is superb. A well executed App for BB10.
    11-21-15 06:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I also ordered one as a Christmas present but I'm not waiting. You, sir, are strong. Christmas comes early this year for me. I'm excited, I've never seen one in person and after much hesitation I decided to give it a go. A redberry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    11-21-15 06:31 PM
    I always knew about Reddit, but never jumped on board. On my Droid I use Flipboard as my news and social app, but kept it at that for years. I finally started using Reddit about six months ago. It's not addicting to me, it's more informative and enlightening. I find it more of a melded application of Flipboard, Facebook, and BBS all fused in together. I can see how someone could become addicted.

BTW, how I wish BB10 had Flipboard. That's the one app I'd not want to be without. It's one of the main reasons my 2nd line has a Droid on it. That and my Banking App that does not work side-loaded onto BB10.

Reddit In Motion is superb. A well executed App for BB10.
    I assume you've tried downloading using Snap?
    11-21-15 06:59 PM
    Yeah just got my red passport and it's very nice in red colour is amazing and feels good in the hand.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    11-21-15 07:09 PM
    I assume you've tried downloading using Snap?
    Yep. First thing I tried. But thanks.
    moody likes this.
    11-21-15 07:10 PM

Flipboard, while available in the Amazon Appstore for Kindle Fire tablets, is strangely not available in the Amazon Appstore for BlackBerry Passport. However, I downloaded it from 1 Mobile Market onto my Passport and it works well. If you do not like to use 1MM, you should be able to use Cobalt's method to get the Google Playstore and get it from there or as another poster suggested, from Snap.
    11-21-15 07:13 PM
    Flipboard, while available in the Amazon Appstore for Kindle Fire tablets, is strangely not available in the Amazon Appstore for BlackBerry Passport. However, I downloaded it from 1 Mobile Market onto my Passport and it works well. If you do not like to use 1MM, you should be able to use Cobalt's method to get the Google Playstore and get it from there or as another poster suggested, from Snap.
    Many thanks! I will try Cobalt's Google Play method. I've wanted to try that anyway for a while.
    moody likes this.
    11-21-15 07:17 PM
    Passport delivers pretty good sound, but it is even better with the incredible Neutron app.
    moody and bigjman like this.
    11-21-15 07:20 PM
94 1234