05-08-15 10:41 PM
87 ... 234
tools
    I wouldn't say they heat up from being in pockets. I did once overheat my phone by falling asleep with it under my pillow and the screen on full brightness all night. Phone survived but the heat might have loosened the glue/tape holding the screen on
    I had this issue happen with my iPhone 5s... Overheating compromised the battery and caused to to expand, pushing the screen out and away from the frame.
    03-04-15 11:34 AM
    The WIFI issue is fixed, I simply deleted the router and added it back, so far so good.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 and rolojr1 like this.
    03-04-15 11:50 AM
    I noticed when I got mine, the bottom right corner from the side when you pushed it, it would squish up and down a bit.

So while charging I put two business cards so they covered the entire screen.

and then a row of 5 rubber tipped clothes pegs each side while charging

after 2nd charge the squish has gone and there is now zero squish/play
    03-29-15 01:43 PM
    The iPhone 6 does bend easily at its most structurally 'weak point, near the volume rocker.

Posted via CB10
    Don't even try to compare iPhone build quality with Blackberry. Every time a new iPhone comes out all the media outlets do crazy things to the device just to get page views. I've own an iPhone 6 Plus since the release date and I carry it every day in my pockets and have yet to "bend" it. Blackberry has been known for quality issues "double typing" with the Q10 seriously... WTF Blackberries claim to fame is their amazing hardware keyboard it's really their only differentiator that NO one has been able to replicate (and they sue people for copying) successfully and they can't even get that right.

Double typing is on the Q10 forums all the time and they haven't offered any recalls on it which really just hurts their image. I'm considering a new Blackberry device to replace my Q10 and I gotta say after all these problems with the new hardware Classic and Passport I'm going to hold off plunking down any amount of money until the next generation or I stop seeing issues on these forums.

Apples customer support blows Blackberry out of the water you can walk into a brick and mortar Apple Store and actually have them do something about your problem. Even their 1-800 support is fantastic, have you ever tried to contact Blackberry? I don't even know where to find their 1-800 number if they even have one. I have called shopblackberry.com and they usually just brush off your problem.

My Q10 is fine for now <fingers-crossed>
    Last edited by blee4; 03-29-15 at 02:21 PM.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    03-29-15 02:10 PM
    Is this warping/ screen lifting issue still going on? Were in any of the reported cases an aftermarket/3rd party charger used? Maybe too much mAh fries the battery?
    04-20-15 01:42 AM
    idk if it's anything to do with the battery since it's separated from screen or heat but maybe it's the thin bezel leaving a very fine and small surface area for the screen adhesive to give.

I took mine all apart and doubt I could stick the screen back on as good as factory and screen adhesion has been enough of concern to be bothersome to me at times. I had taped my screen on and used o-rings but hated it so now I made a clamp, for now, that's friction fit and bites around the screen edges and that's the only thing besides the ribbon cable connecting my screen to my device atm. I know, much class and I'd better never drop it

There is no adhesive left on my Passport screen.

If I want to ever get another pp tho, I'm wondering if there's a case that would go around the edge of the glass like this to help hold it down..
    04-20-15 11:48 AM
    idk if it's anything to do with the battery since it's separated from screen or heat but maybe it's the thin bezel leaving a very fine and small surface area for the screen adhesive to give.

I took mine all apart and doubt I could stick the screen back on as good as factory and screen adhesion has been enough of concern to be bothersome to me at times. I had taped my screen on and used o-rings but hated it so now I made a clamp, for now, that's friction fit and bites around the screen edges and that's the only thing besides the ribbon cable connecting my screen to my device atm. I know, much class and I'd better never drop it

https://db.tt/XfhItjtL

There is no adhesive left on my Passport screen.

https://db.tt/VeAZGBZ2

If I want to ever get another pp tho, I'm wondering if there's a case that would go around the edge of the glass like this to help hold it down..
    Wow, $600 phone ghetto-fixed. I feel so bad when I see these threads. BB is known for making exceptional hardware but these things are really sad.
    Wasn't there warranty option with these or did you guys get them from places you can't get warranty repair?

I remember my 9700 had a similar issue and it collected a lot of dust under the screen, I would be worried about that too.
    04-20-15 12:03 PM
    I got it out of the pothole full of water that ended my warranty My screen had started to lift prior to that though.
    04-20-15 12:15 PM
    It a hundred years the phone is not going to warp, it gets bent, twisted... because of pressure put on it. Screen lift? Or the base is bent away from it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 12:30 PM
    Unfortunately I get to join the "bent" passport club today. I hadn't even heard of this issue until today. I've had my passport since November. Always been in a case, never dropped, never in my back pocket. I do carry it in my front pocket. For those that say don't do that. Where else would I carry it. It's either in my hand or my pocket. If it can't go into a pocket it's a useless device as I'll never be able to take it with me. I noticed my screen lifted today above the P key. When someone said check for bending I did and sure as hell it wobbled on the table. I said there is no way the pressure in my front pocket could bend a steel phone. But, I used my hands and easily bent it back, and the screen went back into place. If I can bend it with two hands then yes my jeans pocket can bend it. Is that abuse or rough end user treatment. I'm not going to offer an opinion on that. I'm just going to vote by how I spend my money the next time. Did you take care of my issue, no, no more customer. It adds up after a while.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 11:22 AM
    Unfortunately I get to join the "bent" passport club today. I hadn't even heard of this issue until today. I've had my passport since November. Always been in a case, never dropped, never in my back pocket. I do carry it in my front pocket. For those that say don't do that. Where else would I carry it. It's either in my hand or my pocket. If it can't go into a pocket it's a useless device as I'll never be able to take it with me. I noticed my screen lifted today above the P key. When someone said check for bending I did and sure as hell it wobbled on the table. I said there is no way the pressure in my front pocket could bend a steel phone. But, I used my hands and easily bent it back, and the screen went back into place. If I can bend it with two hands then yes my jeans pocket can bend it. Is that abuse or rough end user treatment. I'm not going to offer an opinion on that. I'm just going to vote by how I spend my money the next time. Did you take care of my issue, no, no more customer. It adds up after a while.

Posted via CB10
    This thread is the sole reason why I didn't buy and why I do not plan to buy the unlocked passport.

I don't think there is any issue with ATT model. Is there?

At first, I thought the issue was because people took the bend challenge and then eventually started seeing the issues. But in your case it's different unless you tried it before. The other possible issue is the batter swelling and pushing the screen out.

It's very sad to hear these problems on a $600 device. Interestingly, nobody on amazon with so many reviews, nobody mentioned this screen issue.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    05-08-15 10:23 PM
    Amazon has already sent my new Passport to me and I am about to send back my old one that warped.

I thought I would share the pics with everyone.

Curves up on the right side of picture (desk is level)
    Attachment 333500

Curves up on the left side of picture (desk is level)
    Attachment 333501

The screen is lifting on the left side of picture
    Attachment 333502

Here is the internal info:
    Date code: Nov 18 2014
    Attachment 333898
    Attachment 333894
    Attachment 333895

I REALLY REALLY hope my new one doesn't do the same thing. Everyday I look at the new one and check if the screen is lifting in the same spot as the old one (that was the first thing I noticed).

Details for everyone as I am sure people will ask:
    - never ever dropped
    - screen first lifted 1/16" just above the letter "P" and slowly got worse. Lifts about 1/4" now
    - sometimes tight jeans worn but nothing crazy tight
    - I work construction and have it in my front pocket always (never in back pocket)
    - it has had the official blackberry case on it from day one
    - warped after 1 month of use
    - I love blackberry phones and have been using them since the Bold 9000

Does anyone know if this is just a batch issue?
    Will this happen to my new one as well?
    Anyone else had this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Some how lucky will get brand new Passport.

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-08-15 10:41 PM
87 ... 234