I just had this happen to my Passport. Took it back to the original point of sale with receipt and they sent it in to be repaired. Basically replaced the device and my new passport is in perfect decision!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 03:45 PM
    Not sure where the build date it. But here's the internal info:

My Passport "warped" and screen lifted-img_20150215_203738.jpg
    My Passport "warped" and screen lifted-img_20150215_203734.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 10:38 PM
    Added info/details to original pictures and added internal detail pictures to original post.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 10:44 PM
    Added info/details to original pictures and added internal detail pictures to original post.

Posted via CB10
    Do you still have the box? The build date is written there in this format:
    DD/MM/YY

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-15-15 10:54 PM
    Do you still have the box? The build date is written there in this format:
    DD/MM/YY

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Added to original post.

Here it is:
    Nov 18, 2014
    My Passport "warped" and screen lifted-img_20150215_211333.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 11:15 PM
    Yeah, I think it is bending from people carrying their devices in either front or rear pockets of their pants, not a bad batch issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:26 AM
    Someone should make a holster that doesn't cost 169 dollars. Shoving that monstrosity sized thing in your pocket is just asking for damage. For guys, more than the phone might be damaged from this thing.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-16-15 06:21 AM
    LOL, great comment. I think it is more your name with the blank comment that made me laugh
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:22 AM
    The Passport is not bad design. LOL, how would you know? You an engineer or a designer with enough expertise to work for a company like BlackBerry making smartphones? Probably not. You're most likely just some kind of 'armchair engineer / designer'... so, every single device that bends in 2015 are all 'bad designs'? NOPE. People, first of all, shouldn't place their large phones in front or back pants pockets for two reasons, so they don't f#cking bend, and also because every single BlackBerry health and safety sheet clearly states it is best to keep your godd@mn phones AT LEAST 1.5cm away from your bodies. The front or back pant pocket storage solution is stupid because of those two reasons.

Posted via CB10
    So how would you carry the phone at least 1.5 cm away from your body? Strictly use a belt clip? What is the reasoning behind this?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:25 AM
    i have same problem. no warranty and service.
    Any solution ? How to Repair lifted screen ?
    02-16-15 07:26 AM
    i have same problem. no warranty and service.
    Any solution ? How to Repair lifted screen ?
    When I wasn't sure if I could return it under warranty (expiring) I was thinking that I might have to get really tough silicone. Insert the silicone under screen and clamp it shut without twisting it for 24hours. Not sure if this is the best idea but it might work.
    02-16-15 08:37 PM
    Oh man, That sucks, sorry to see.
    now after the iPhone there is BlackBerry bending

Hope you can get it replaced for a nice new one
    02-16-15 11:26 PM
    My PP is straight.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-17-15 12:20 AM
    Placing the passport in to freezing compartment overnight should bend it back ?

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    02-17-15 01:46 AM
    My PP is straight.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Thanks for sharing that.
    jojo beaconsfield and BRS64 like this.
    02-17-15 12:08 PM
    So in conclusion: The Passport does not bend but it can twist because of a weaker frame on the top and the bottom.

Assumption: Due to the metal band of the ATT Version that has the same thickness all around it should be more stable.
    02-20-15 02:32 PM
    They're not just 'warping' all by themselves. Ya'll really believe that? 'my jeans aren't that tight...' LOL @ anybody who has to say that.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:06 PM
    @buck

I do believe the tightness of the jeans will make a huge difference in warping.

Legs are rounded and tight jeans would be tight rounded around the leg. Which means the phone will take that force of the tight jeans.

I still believe the phone facing out from the leg rather than facing in will make a difference as well.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-20-15 05:31 PM
    They will all bend in a corkscrew motion. Structurally the phone has next to no reinforcement along the top and bottom edges. If you don't want it to bend, keep it out of your pockets. Alternatively, get a very rigid case, or buy a red or white Passport since the stiffer back (different material) helps strengthen the phone.

@battery swelling comment above, the battery is physically separated from the screen. If it did swell, it would only affect the back of the phone, and even that, if it swelled enough to affect the back, it would probably leak and/or explode way before that.

Posted via CB10
    Is this true ???
    03-03-15 03:28 PM
    This is not good. My AT&T Passport is warped (probably wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for this thread). I keep mine in my suit breast pocket or front pocket. I suspect it could have something to do with wireless charging due to the heat it generates while charging. I really love and would like to keep this phone, but this may be the last straw, fist horrible GPS and WiFi and now this. I'm going to try to exchange it first but if the next phone does the same thing I'm going back to my Note 3 until there is a permanent fix.
    03-03-15 08:55 PM
    This is not good. My AT&T Passport is warped (probably wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for this thread). I keep mine in my suit breast pocket or front pocket. I suspect it could have something to do with wireless charging due to the heat it generates while charging. I really love and would like to keep this phone, but this may be the last straw, [first] horrible GPS and WiFi and now this. I'm going to try to exchange it first but if the next phone does the same thing I'm going back to my Note 3 until there is a permanent fix.
    What's wrong with the GPS and WiFi?
    03-03-15 11:55 PM
    My GPS takes forever to gain a signal even then it has me stranded throughout my trip. My WIFI drops connection constantly where all other devices on the same network works fine. I'm taking it back today, hopefully my next Passport will fair better.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:25 AM
    Wonder if it has to do with body heat, for those who keep their phones in their pockets.....

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:04 AM
    I wouldn't say they heat up from being in pockets. I did once overheat my phone by falling asleep with it under my pillow and the screen on full brightness all night. Phone survived but the heat might have loosened the glue/tape holding the screen on
    03-04-15 10:14 AM
    I wouldn't say they heat up from being in pockets. I did once overheat my phone by falling asleep with it under my pillow and the screen on full brightness all night. Phone survived but the heat might have loosened the glue/tape holding the screen on
    I was going to suggest asking Amazon to switch your replacement I the new ATT passport until I saw the poster above saying his had warped. At least the redesign has a thicker metal band that surrounds the entire frame. It can be unlocked and will work on most networks (don't know how to see what network you use on the mobile app). I currently have the 6+ which probably started this whole "bend-gate" issue. I haven't experienced any bending but I would suspect two things: 1) yes all objects have a point of structural weakness at which they could experience a compromise, 2) a device bending versus another not may not be a batch issue more than just a simple difference in the chemical nature of the components of the device. If the manufacturer isn't using top raw materials to create the metal parts of the frame, there can be subtile differences that may result in a compromised structural capacity of that specific part.

In the end, I would try and see if Amazon will send you the ATT PP (if the design is acceptable to you) because I do feel as though it will have an improved structural rigidity, overall.
    03-04-15 10:33 AM
87 1234