I've had my black Passport since November 11th. I don't see any bends or twists yet. Granted, I always leave my phone in the breast pocket in my winter coat or blazer.

I've also had the oem case since day 1.

I also try not to leave any phone in my front pocket for too long especially during the summer because sweat moisture.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:00 AM
    Had mine warped slightly. Every once in a while just place on flat surface and just check it. If warped slightly, just twist with your finger on opposite side, it should goes back flat. I never use tight pants but yes I place it on my front pocket. I have the feeling the screen lifting is a matter of time, if I forgot to check the flatness of the phone and forget to twist the phone back.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure it's not the camera bezel ?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:03 AM
    Are you sure it's not the camera bezel ?

Posted via CB10
    No sir, did it face down. Maybe hard case will work. Always been naked since day 1. If you put in front pants pocket naked, twisting will happen, it's just a matter of time. If you use BlackBerry for sometime, using BlackBerry is about work around and compromises. But overall experience of BlackBerry passport supersedes all the imperfection. Of course future improvements can be made.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:18 AM
    Had mine warped slightly. Every once in a while just place on flat surface and just check it. If warped slightly, just twist with your finger on opposite side, it should goes back flat. I never use tight pants but yes I place it on my front pocket. I have the feeling the screen lifting is a matter of time, if I forgot to check the flatness of the phone and forget to twist the phone back.

Posted via CB10
    Can you elaborate on the methodology? Flat screen side down? If it wobbles above the keyboard?

Posted via Passport.
    02-14-15 10:38 AM
    Can you elaborate on the methodology? Flat screen side down? If it wobbles above the keyboard?

Posted via Passport.
    When you experienced it you will know it. I will make a video when I have time. I'll try to explain: Put your phone face down on flat surface. Tap on four corner. Like today, bottom left and top right will make clicking sound when you tap, since they are lifted. The other two corner will make no sound. Try correcting it (use your imagination), and all the four corner will have no sound when tapping it. Now you have a flatter phone. I think.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:51 AM
    Is there a belt holster for this phone? I wouldn't want to carry it in a pocket.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    ShopBlackBerry Online Store - Passport Leather Swivel Holster - Black
    02-14-15 10:55 AM
    Did you know the build date before sending it back?

Posted via CB10
    I still have it. Will look and let you know
    02-14-15 10:57 AM
    wow that price is insane! But it's what I'd use if I had a passport after seeing what happens to it in pockets.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-14-15 02:18 PM
    Lol, I love how with the iPhone it was a huge issue in here issue but with the Passport its "just a bad batch and overblown."
    Last edited by donnation; 02-14-15 at 04:13 PM.
    02-14-15 02:53 PM
    Lol, I love how with the iPhone it was a huge in here issue but with the Passport its "just a bad batch and overblown."
    Youtube makes everything huge.
    02-14-15 03:09 PM
    Youtube makes everything huge.
    True, but it's still comical that people bashed the iPhone and claimed they all bend and with the Passport it's just the bad batch excuse and nothing to worry about.
    02-14-15 04:14 PM
    I never thought I would say ,or agree, that there seems to be A little looseness or give just above the letters o&p,now I'm pissed,got mine in October,coupongate phone.Guess I'll give them a call and maybe get a red one,damn it.
    02-14-15 04:48 PM
    True, but it's still comical that people bashed the iPhone and claimed they all bend and with the Passport it's just the bad batch excuse and nothing to worry about.
    As the saying goes: Karma's a b*tch!

Posted from an LG device
    jmr1015 likes this.
    02-14-15 04:57 PM
    I pressed down on the side a few times and slide my finger with a little pressure up and down the right side and it seems like the adhesive took hold and the give above the letters O&P have gone back to normal but I can't live with that.
    02-14-15 05:06 PM
    No sir, did it face down. Maybe hard case will work. Always been naked since day 1. If you put in front pants pocket naked, twisting will happen, it's just a matter of time. If you use BlackBerry for sometime, using BlackBerry is about work around and compromises. But overall experience of BlackBerry passport supersedes all the imperfection. Of course future improvements can be made.

Posted via CB10
    Good to know.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 07:31 PM
    Mine is twisted. I understand exactly what Siung6 means. I always carry my cell in my right front pocket 'head first' so the speakers point upward and the screen against my leg to minimize risk of shattering it accidentally. So the first thing I tried was to change how it goes into my pocket to 'bottom first' to counter the previous twist and didn't quite help.

Although I've straightened it a couple of times, gently twisting the other way, I'm afraid of damaging the battery. Because of the winter I now carry it in my jacket pocket, but come March and It'll be sweaters at most so maybe then into the shirt pocket. I might get a holster before April...
    02-14-15 09:18 PM
    Can folks list their build dates? My understanding was this was an issue with early batches but improved later on....
    02-14-15 09:32 PM
    Mine is 161014. I guess it's not the earlier batch.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:40 PM
    Hmmm... your comment dejanh is quite interesting.
    I've read several forums on this issue of screen lifting and warping of the body frame. And yes, most of them were the black ones.

Hoping that others could read this, is anyone of those who experienced screen lifting using a white or red passport???

Could it really be because of a "bad batch"?
    Could there really be an explanation to the earlier date of built having risk of these problems?
    If it is, it's just sad that it turned out that way. If this is proven, ideally BlackBerry should recall this batch and replace it accordingly.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    It's not a bad batch. The Passport just is poorly designed. It twists along the central vertical axis because the usb port splits the frame.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    02-14-15 09:47 PM
    Looking at the design of the frame, I don't think twisting is a batch issue. It looks like a structural weakness. Unless we could maybe get our hands on a Passport that is part of this "bad batch" and one that is not, and open them up and see a physical difference.
    02-14-15 09:54 PM
    The Passport is not bad design. LOL, how would you know? You an engineer or a designer with enough expertise to work for a company like BlackBerry making smartphones? Probably not. You're most likely just some kind of 'armchair engineer / designer'... so, every single device that bends in 2015 are all 'bad designs'? NOPE. People, first of all, shouldn't place their large phones in front or back pants pockets for two reasons, so they don't f#cking bend, and also because every single BlackBerry health and safety sheet clearly states it is best to keep your godd@mn phones AT LEAST 1.5cm away from your bodies. The front or back pant pocket storage solution is stupid because of those two reasons.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 11:23 PM
    The Passport is not bad design. LOL, how would you know? You an engineer or a designer with enough expertise to work for a company like BlackBerry making smartphones? Probably not. You're most likely just some kind of 'armchair engineer / designer'... so, every single device that bends in 2015 are all 'bad designs'? NOPE. People, first of all, shouldn't place their large phones in front or back pants pockets for two reasons, so they don't f#cking bend, and also because every single BlackBerry health and safety sheet clearly states it is best to keep your godd@mn phones AT LEAST 1.5cm away from your bodies. The front or back pant pocket storage solution is stupid because of those two reasons.

Posted via CB10
    Never said it is a bad design. I said the bending is likely due to the design, not being from a "bad batch" as others have said.

From your post, talking about the bending resulting from carrying it in pockets that are not ideal, I'm guessing you as well would say that the bending is not a batch issue? But more than likely a result of being carried improperly?
    02-15-15 12:37 AM
    Never said it is a bad design. I said the bending is likely due to the design, not being from a "bad batch" as others have said.

From your post, talking about the bending resulting from carrying it in pockets that are not ideal, I'm guessing you as well would say that the bending is not a batch issue? But more than likely a result of being carried improperly?
    In other words, you're holding it wrong?
    retomex likes this.
    02-15-15 05:49 AM
    So get a case....:P
    02-15-15 12:15 PM
    No, you're carrying it wrong.
    02-15-15 01:33 PM
87 1234