The company server went down since yesterday and adsl line went dead at the same time.
    No worries. My Passport was plugged in and Blend turned up. The techy guy over in Austria managed to move my company account to a server over there so email and everything else were no problem at all.
    Then 2 hours ago, my computer was taken away because the techy guy needed one at this end to set up the server. Well, that left just me and my Passport to work the day.
    No worries. I've got all of the work files on my Passport. So email, pricing, reference doc. for clients, and so on, have been running as if nothing has happened.

Not to worry when you've got your Passport.

Just to share with you guys, directly from my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    emadr, AshokGov, LeeU1911 and 15 others like this.
    12-04-14 03:15 AM
    The company server went down since yesterday and adsl line went dead at the same time.
    No worries. My Passport was plugged in and Blend turned up. The techy guy over in Austria managed to move my company account to a server over there so email and everything else were no problem at all.
    Then 2 hours ago, my computer was taken away because the techy guy needed one at this end to set up the server. Well, that left just me and my Passport to work the day.
    No worries. I've got all of the work files on my Passport. So email, pricing, reference doc. for clients, and so on, have been running as if nothing has happened.

Not to worry when you've got your Passport.

Just to share with you guys, directly from my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I showed my passport to one of my newest clients yesterday who was complaining about his iPhone and IOS 8.1 issues and that he missed his older BlackBerry because it just worked. He was amazed that BlackBerry made a device like the passport and after I did my typical demo, he and one of the other owners asked if I could show him where they could buy them.

I then proceeded to take him to the BlackBerry USA website which he then directed their IT person to order 5 units to try them out, as I was leaving the IT person tracked me down and said thanks for enlightening the owners. The sad truth of this is with no advertising or brand presence here in the USA, nobody would even know this great product exist if it wasn't for folks like myself spreading the word.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-04-14 04:23 AM
    Spread the love by spreading the words out.

I showed my passport to one of my newest clients yesterday who was complaining about his iPhone and IOS 8.1 issues and that he missed his older BlackBerry because it just worked. He was amazed that BlackBerry made a device like the passport and after I did my typical demo, he and one of the other owners asked if I could show him where they could buy them.

I then proceeded to take him to the BlackBerry USA website which he then directed their IT person to order 5 units to try them out, as I was leaving the IT person tracked me down and said thanks for enlightening the owners. The sad truth of this is with no advertising or brand presence here in the USA, nobody would even know this great product exist if it wasn't for folks like myself spreading the word.

12-04-14 04:32 AM
    What is the rationale behind bb not advertising nor spending any serious effort on trying to sell their products in the US? I never understood that concept.
    I thought that this was one of the omissions from the Heins times to just have no real concept for marketing the Z30 etc, for example. But now, and with the PP? Why making the same mistakes over and over again?

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    12-04-14 06:35 AM
    Two great stories, that's why we love BlackBerry. Thanks for sharing

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:46 AM
    I expect they are pushing it via their direct enterprise sales channel, at least I would hope they are. Given their current financial situation direct advertising probably doesn't have the return on investment they need at this point.
    12-04-14 06:49 AM
    You are the man!!

12-04-14 07:32 AM
    Chen has stated that currently they do not have the distribution channels to support an vast amount of people. When they get that straightened out then they will advertise more.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:37 AM
    I am using Z30 and it started to give me trouble being slow and stuck in many apps.

How different this passport is? I love Z30 but hate to move to android because email features are best in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:40 AM
    I am using Z30 and it started to give me trouble being slow and stuck in many apps.

How different this passport is? I love Z30 but hate to move to android because email features are best in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    What apps are you having issues with? I used a z30 before I bought my passport and it was my favorite model. What OS version are you currently running?

There's allot of great people on the CB forum that can help you with the issues you having, we just need to know the technical stuff before we can supply you with some answers. It also might be a good idea to post this in the z30 forum.

12-04-14 02:48 PM
    someone should turn this story into an ad lol
    MorgothPT likes this.
    12-04-14 03:06 PM
    The BlackBerry Blend is truly a powerful tool with lots of potentials. Thanks guys for sharing your great encounters.
    12-04-14 03:29 PM
    10.3.0 leaked version

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:53 PM
    10.3.0 leaked version

Posted via CB10
    I would upgrade to 10.3.1.1154. This is slick.
    Look at stickies to learn how to load via Sachesi

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    12-04-14 08:08 PM

What's your demo look like?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 06:06 PM
    I put on a demo of the features of the product like the Hub, Peak and the Gesturing concept. I show them the messaging and email functions and how it all is integrated into one spot (the hub). I show how the app situation is not a factor and show the Android apps I have already running on the device.

You would be surprised on how many former BlackBerry users out there miss their physical keyboard, I have folks tell me all the time on how they miss their BlackBerry device, they liked the fact that it just worked.

One of the biggest questions I am asked about is support for the device. BlackBerry has all but disappeared here in the USA. This is a big concern for a company buying a 1000 units, they want to have a warm fuzzy feeling that the company is going to be around for a while. As a business person myself, it's a valid argument.

12-05-14 07:11 PM