I don't understand why I see so many Blackberry OS 10 users saying they need apps and want to move to Apple or Android. I use the Face10 app and the Face10 messenger app for Facebook, works great, sure I had to pay like $6 bucks for both but who cares? It's only $6 bucks and it helps a guy who is still trying to support my favorite phone OS.
    As for everything else, I followed the simple steps in Cobalt's thread, took me like 10 minutes to have Google play store and the stuff I need for Android apps that need Google services to run on my phone. I now have every app that I would have on an android phone running on my Passport.
    I read that people have problems getting Android apps to run right, maybe I just got real lucky and have the one Passport SE that can do everything right but all my apps load right up and run fine. I'm not a big gamer on my phone but the few Android games that I do like run fine.
    I have the best that Android has to offer but I get it on the best phone OS ever made, on the best phone I've ever used. I just don't get why people have problems getting what they need and want on Blackberry OS10.

Posted via CB10
    3yE, Marcaroni, BB_PP and 1 others like this.
    03-30-16 11:51 PM
    Hmm.. Android/IOS: Go to App Store, find app needed, install. BB: Get Cobalt, Lucky Patcher, find APK... Pray it installs properly... See the difference?
    03-31-16 12:11 AM
    If ya love the OS and phone, then it's worth a few extra steps.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 12:19 AM
    I don't use the Google Play store but the Amazon store. Even standard apps like Audible or Spotify run poorly on my device.

I agree on everything you said about the device itself but those standard apps should be running properly.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 12:57 AM
    Spotify works perfect on mine, guess I am lucky.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 01:00 AM
    Audible runs well on mine compared to wm10 on my lumia 830. Takes maybe a few seconds more to open but when up and running smooth. Would like the option to stream audiobooks like on windows 10 though. Same goes for spotify. Takes a few seconds longer than the rivals!!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 01:35 AM
    Yeah. I also have all the Android apps running perfectly on my Passport.

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    03-31-16 03:36 AM
    The few android apps I have are fine except my United Airlines app could be better. I either get mine from Amazon or 9Apps. Viber, Skype, ESPN. Instagram, CBS Sports, and some others. I find I never use my tablet anymore since I got my Passport SE. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10.
    03-31-16 05:12 AM
    I can not sign up for Spotify. Anyone has the same issue

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    03-31-16 06:38 AM
    I have the passport SE too. I have several android apps and they work.
    I even use Google map app with voice directions, pretty cool

But, I am not a gamer, so not sure about that stuff

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 07:00 AM
    I don't really need Android apps at the moment for my Passport. Been satisfied with BB apps so far. This device does a lot for me, and I've been using it along side my Q10 (typing this one using the latter).

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 08:55 AM
    The few android apps I have are fine except my United Airlines app could be better. ...
    Too bad the United Airlines application is buggy. It only crashes occasionally on me when checking Flight Status. Weird.

The other Android Applications I "must" use word ok (AirCanada and TripIt etc) are fine for me. Don't use much social networking stuff so not an issue here.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    03-31-16 09:53 AM
    Nice I was thinking to do the same thing.. how,s face10 working is it laggy? Or slow? my igrann works too slow kinda sad. I had a hard time trying to do the steps cobalt written but I was successfully installed most of it but not able to sync maps and my clash of clan account but that's just a game bb10 and passport se rocks!!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 10:50 AM