I've tried numerous hard resets, connected it to Link and it won't even allow me to do a factory reset. Link just crashes and the phone boots up then keeps getting stuck at the finalizing screen.
    01-31-16 10:46 PM
    Have a tried to press down on both volume rockers for 10 seconds with and without it being connected to link? Might want to give that a go.
    02-02-16 05:13 PM
    Yes, I have tried that numerous times. I've taken it to a Rogers store in my home town, and they too could not get it to unfreeze at that point. They also attempted numerous 'hard resets' (which is the method you speak of I believe), connected it to their computer to do a diagnostics check and then tried a reset to factory settings. None of this worked.
    Thanks for your response.
    02-02-16 05:42 PM
    Sorry to hear that. My niece had a similar issue and she ended up sending it back to BlackBerry and it was replaced. Good luck!

Oh, you may want to ensure your rocking the latest BlackBerry link...I've ran into times where a legacy version didn't play nice.

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    02-02-16 07:43 PM
    Thank-you again for your help. Just curious, how old was your niece's phone? Was it replaced because it was still under warranty, or just because blackberry decided to be nice? Yes, I am using latest Link, but I've noticed some glitches after installing El Capitan on my Mac. ???Maybe Link and El Capitan don't 'play nice' together??
    Thanks again, greatly appreciated.
    02-02-16 07:52 PM
    My phone also froze like that, at possibly the worst time too. I was able to reset it using Blackberry Link but you might need to try a different desktop computer. I've had some computers (including a brand new Macbook Air) not be able to recognize the device.

Also if your device isn't recognized automatically there is a way to go into the software menus and try to find it for a reset. I don't remember how I did it but I'm sure someone can chime in. I'm sorry I can't be more specific as I don't normally have access to any computers that can run Blackberry Link.
    02-03-16 11:05 AM
    I've tried numerous hard resets, connected it to Link and it won't even allow me to do a factory reset. Link just crashes and the phone boots up then keeps getting stuck at the finalizing screen.
    I got this problem this morning (now yesterday morning)...about 18 hours ago. I had sent a WhatsApp message as soon as I woke up, and then decided to restart the phone because its behaviour was a bit "off" - none of the other apps was opening. After the restart, none of the apps would open, but I still had telephone functionality - I could make and receive calls, although the call logs would not reflect the calls made or received. At work, I did some research and learned that my phone was probably in the midst of an OS upgrade. I tried hard restarts with and without the SIM card, but it always came back to the same thing, with one variation - the call log might or might not be present when the phone was restarted.

When I got home, I hooked the phone up to my Mac (partitioned disk running OS X 10.9 Mountain Lion) via USB. Even though the connection was recognized by the computer at the time of the hookup (it identified the phone by its PIN), neither Blackberry Link, Blackberry Blend, nor Sachesi could connect to the phone. It was during this phase that I started getting the "Finalising device setup" issue.

HERE'S THE FIX THAT WORKS FOR ME (I've done it over and over):
    1. Make sure the SIM card is in the phone
    2. Restart the Phone (not connected to the computer)
    2. While the phone is starting up, press on the screen at regular intervals, long enough for the the Blackberry logo to fade out and the percentage startup figures to show up, AND releasing the screen as soon as the number shows, so that the numbers fade, and the Blackberry logo is visible again.
    3. Repeat at regular intervals during the startup process (I tried to do it twice for every 10% range - twice between 0% and 10%, twice between 11% and 20%, etc....it's not an exact science).
    4. When it gets to 100% you should have a startup screen with your carrier's name/logo.

NOTE: THIS FIX DOES NOT RESTORE FUNCTIONALITY TO APPS! BUT IT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE AND RECEIVE CALLS. Some apps may open if you click on them immediately after completing a successful restart, but they won't be much use. Your experience may be different though. Cheers, and good luck to us all!
    04-19-17 11:40 PM
    This is happening to me right now...anyone know the fix? It's looping at the load up stage... is my passport really dead? I only got it last December...knew I should have got the SE
    05-13-17 06:51 AM
    Same problem here. I will try the fix suggested, but doubt that will get it out of the boot loop. I need to recover my photos from the phone
    05-23-17 10:53 AM
    This is happening to me right now...anyone know the fix? It's looping at the load up stage... is my passport really dead? I only got it last December...knew I should have got the SE
    Well this happened to my SE last week.
    05-23-17 11:45 PM
    AOA: That's interesting. My phone suffered from your initial problems for over three months before getting perpetually stuck at 100% loading after a reboot. All I noticed last week before rebooting and encountering this problem was that the keyboard keys stopped responding. I thought a quick reboot would fix that problem, but alas.

I tried your solution, but it didn't work for me. At this point I'm broken and have accepted that I'm facing data loss, so I'm looking into autoloaders. Luckily I did get a lot of data off the phone and do have a back-up from December that I will temporarily restore – assuming of course that I can figure out how autoloaders work.

I wrote in detail about the initial problems over on the BlackBerry Support Community Forums before they were closed. I archived a couple threads about the initial problem as .mht webpage files, but it appears that this forum doesn't accept .mht files as attachments.
    05-24-17 12:04 AM
    This is very frustrating. I removed the SIM card from my device and suddenly my Passport decides that it wants to turn on again, except the virtual keyboard doesn't pop up so I can't enter my real password to unlock whatever is left of the device. My device now to bypasses the Picture Password altogether after rebooting, when before last week I would still see the Picture Password until the 'event' AOA describes kicked in when you couldn't open new apps and had oher problems.

I tried using an autoloader but can't seem to get it to work. From reading instructions on CrackBerry, it seems that you just have to connect your BlackBerry to a PC, close out of Link and run the autoloader .exe file. Yet the Command Prompt that pops up after following those steps doesn't proceed past "Connecting to Bootrom".

I'm trying to just purposefully enter my password wrong ten times to wipe my phone. It's taking a while because the phone is so unresponsive. Anyone know if that's a good idea?
    05-24-17 01:40 AM
    I'm trying to just purposefully enter my password wrong ten times to wipe my phone. It's taking a while because the phone is so unresponsive. Anyone know if that's a good idea?
    No, just connect the phone with the autoloader started, and hold the power button.
    05-24-17 06:29 AM
    No, just connect the phone with the autoloader started, and hold the power button.
    Well that worked. Thanks.

A couple questions, though:
    1. I tried to post a thread about this last night, but got a message saying that the thread is pending moderator approval. Is that normal?
    2. After I restore the back-up from December and get everything I want off the phone, I will want to wipe the phone again so that I never have to deal with what I faced over the last few months again. Would a security wipe do the trick or should I use this autoloader again?
    05-24-17 11:25 AM
    1) Yes, it's normal for a new member, or a post with many images/links. Since you posted here on an active thread, I deleted them.

2) You have the phone fixed, and an autoloader wipes before loading. Don't mess with success.
    05-24-17 01:32 PM
    I just found Sachesi. I am wondering if Sachesi would help unlock this glitch?

Unfortunately, I used an autoloader and it completed erased the device, but Sachesi looks like it might give you aces to the device and help install or remove certain components to get past the stuck screen?

On a separate note, is there any way to recover the photos from a phone that just had the new os installed over the old
    Today 03:52 AM
    Also, I put some demo autoloader on the passport . Not the right one as I am getting some watermark in the corner and a type of meter bar chart on the bottom. Should I use Sachesi to install the right version on the phone or will the upgrade I do fix that? The upgrade that the phone says it needs ?
    Today 03:55 AM
    Just run the correct autoloader again. You will wipe everything again but the device will be ok. Oh, if the device is showing a software update you can do that as well. If things don't work out you can always run the autoloader again. It's pretty hard to brick a BB10 device for good--autoloaders can always correct things to get you up and running again and they are easy to do.
    Today 10:19 AM