11-12-14 03:00 PM
424 ... 151617
tools
    You better hope your within the time that you can just get a replacement...with Telus it would have to be within 30 days but i've heard some people on this forum say their carrier has a 15 day policy. If it is outside this time then they will just send it off to repair and therefore you will get a defective repaired phone..i.e. a refurbished phone. Seems like a big slap in the face if you ask me.
    11-11-14 01:21 AM
    Sorry to hear more of these cases are happening. I completely agree that this is a problem in waiting. A lot of people will experience it, but it may take time. Some are better than others.

As for BlackBerry and their service, well, it's the most disappointing part in all of this. No consistency at all and they don't stand behind their product.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 04:52 AM
    Sorry to hear more of these cases are happening. I completely agree that this is a problem in waiting. A lot of people will experience it, but it may take time. Some are better than others.

As for BlackBerry and their service, well, it's the most disappointing part in all of this. No consistency at all and they don't stand behind their product.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully they read the forums. I don't see it as intentional, but just another part of the chain that was neglected under the previous management, so hopefully Chen will sort it out.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    11-11-14 07:51 AM
    Damn. Two week mark today and I'm seeing some lifting on the lower-right corner of my screen. I'd post the build-date, but I don't have that in front of me right now.
    11-11-14 08:23 AM
    E.g. Imagine if when you had a problem with your phone, you could go online to a website (or if an issue was identified via BBVE you would be prompted to) visit your nearest drop of point where you could scan your phone to collect a temporary refurbished one (which after the scan would begin restoring data from last OTA back up onto your new temporary phone), drop the old one off and track progress of the work via app , when fixed you could just go back, scan, drop replacement (after security wipe), pick up repaired or brand new device which would also have started restoring info from last back up and be on your merry way..

Only needs what, a part time employee assigned one or two drop off points, and some IT? And this is just off the top of my head (probably riddled with issues)

Point is instead of simply asking BlackBerry to catch up, the message should be for them to get ahead of the game...
    Posted from my PeePee!
    Actually you're describing the Apple Care experience they send you a diagnostic code over email or imessage it a link that launches the diagnostic software on your phone runs a test and asks you for permission to send the results to apple. After that they can schedule you an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for repairs.

If it is discovered the damage to your phone was the result of hardware failure (manufacturer defect) they replace it on the spot. The process takes less than 20 minutes and you walk out of the store with a new refurbished iPhone. If your phone is less than 15 days old they give you a brand new one. This is assuming you have Apple Care or your problem is covered under warranty a good example is if your mic decided to die or speaker.

I've been pretty lucky with my Q10 not weird double type keyboard issues.

Posted via my Q10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-11-14 09:20 AM
    Damn. Two week mark today and I'm seeing some lifting on the lower-right corner of my screen. I'd post the build-date, but I don't have that in front of me right now.
    sorry to hear it. Try and get the phone replaced. It's not a trivial exercise to fix this issue and it will only get worse from here.

Hopefully they read the forums. I don't see it as intentional, but just another part of the chain that was neglected under the previous management, so hopefully Chen will sort it out.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Completely agree. Nobody would intentionally want to sabotage their production. The issues with Mexico factories go back many years. Just ask many Torch users. The original Torch had particularly bad build quality, so much so you actually had to look for devices from certain factories to minimize the chance of receiving a defective one.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 11:38 AM
    sorry to hear it. Try and get the phone replaced. It's not a trivial exercise to fix this issue and it will only get worse from here.
    Oh yeah. Ordered through Amazon so there's no problem in getting a replacement. Not this early. Thanks to this thread, I knew what to watch for and caught it.

Hopefully the second phone will not come unglued...
    11-11-14 11:51 AM
    Just ask many Torch users. The original Torch had particularly bad build quality, so much so you actually had to look for devices from certain factories to minimize the chance of receiving a defective one.
    Have to agree. I had both a 9800 and 9810, and both had uneven keyboard backlighting on the center of the keypad (mostly Y, U, H, J, B, N).
    11-11-14 01:14 PM
    Completely agree. Nobody would intentionally want to sabotage their production. The issues with Mexico factories go back many years. Just ask many Torch users. The original Torch had particularly bad build quality, so much so you actually had to look for devices from certain factories to minimize the chance of receiving a defective one.

Posted via CB10
    It seems that my run of bad luck started with the Passport, but the third one seems to be okay. My Z10 is from Mexico 6 and is outwardly flawless (the reboot thing is weird, but no one outside of the engineering team seems to really know what it is). I also had a flawless Torch, or at least nothing seriously objectionable.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    11-11-14 01:33 PM
    It's not at all a twisted interpretation. It's black on white, you deal with the retailer. BlackBerry has no obligation to you, as you didn't buy the product from them. Do you expect them to also refund you for a stolen phone that you bought on ebay? How could this be their responsibility?

Did Telus refuse to offer you a refund or to repair your phone? If so, then they are breaching the terms of the warranty agreement and that is illegal. I don't know what happens if the retailer closes down, I'm assuming you lose the warranty. This could also happen if the manufacturer goes bankrupt, no?

Posted via CB10
    Telus offers a 15 day DOA. The client needs the box and all accessories that came with the phone. This does have to go through Telus and not BlackBerry.

The store assesses the phone to make sure there's no physical or liquid damage.

The phone MAY be sent back to BlackBerry before a decision is taken but it's rare. Usually it's changed on the spot within 15 days.

I can't remember if you bought your phone from a corporate store, a dealer or a retailer but corporate stores are easier to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    11-11-14 02:22 PM
    Has anyone flagged this issue up to blaze so he can try to get an official response?
    11-12-14 01:23 AM
    Has anyone flagged this issue up to blaze so he can try to get an official response?
    Screens coming undone?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:27 AM
    Screens coming undone?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, as this thread seems to suggest it is happening to a lot of people.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:40 AM
    Actually you're describing the Apple Care experience they send you a diagnostic code over email or imessage it a link that launches the diagnostic software on your phone runs a test and asks you for permission to send the results to apple. After that they can schedule you an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for repairs.

If it is discovered the damage to your phone was the result of hardware failure (manufacturer defect) they replace it on the spot. The process takes less than 20 minutes and you walk out of the store with a new refurbished iPhone. If your phone is less than 15 days old they give you a brand new one. This is assuming you have Apple Care or your problem is covered under warranty a good example is if your mic decided to die or speaker.

I've been pretty lucky with my Q10 not weird double type keyboard issues.

Posted via my Q10
    Not quite right. You will get the initial diagnostic tool to try troubleshooting without going into an Apple store but it's not always a first or necessary step. You can always go directly to Apple. I did the diagnostic tool with my iPhone 3GS many moons ago.

If there is a hardware or software defect or if the device is still under initial warranty or if you've got Apple Care or Apple Care Plus you walk out with a new device. This device won't have the usual packaging, it will not have the ear pods or the cable. Each Apple Store has got a number of such replacement units on hand.

If you're beyond warranty or haven't got Apple Care or Apple Care Plus you will get an Apple refurbished device, which frankly, would not bother me one bit. My cousin and my niece bought refurbished iPhones as their first iPhones and they were perfect.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    andy957 likes this.
    11-12-14 05:55 AM
    Iphone and note trolls. Great to see we have fans even from the dark side.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    11-12-14 10:45 AM
    Have to agree. I had both a 9800 and 9810, and both had uneven keyboard backlighting on the center of the keypad (mostly Y, U, H, J, B, N).
    Replying to my own post because I have noticed the same issue on my PP. In particular, the U and H keys are noticeably dimmer when lit.
    11-12-14 11:13 AM
    Iphone and note trolls. Great to see we have fans even from the dark side.

You must be confused if you hold the assumption that objective smartphone users were trolls. Just as I would be confused if I held the assumption that BlackBerry users were apologist fanbois.

SharonRD likes this.
    11-12-14 12:50 PM
    No. I would just not be wasting my time on a BlackBerry forum with that signature like yours. Unless you like to stir things up.

11-12-14 12:53 PM
    I use this signature on Tapatalk across all Mobile Nations sites. No one has taken exception to it. It is not personally offensive nor insulting towards any person.

The thread is about a splitting Passport screen. Not my signature.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-12-14 01:19 PM
    It's unfortunate, OP. Hope you have some sort of guarantee/warranty to be able to replace the device. Some of us can be unlucky.
    this is distressing to me as I don't want a refurb one carrying unknown biologicals from a prior user... I paid for a new phone & should get that...
    11-12-14 01:33 PM
    I use this signature on Tapatalk across all Mobile Nations sites. No one has taken exception to it. It is not personally offensive nor insulting towards any person.

The thread is about a splitting Passport screen. Not my signature.

He hasn't read enough threads to know that you have devices running each OS.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    reeneebob and MarsupilamiX like this.
    11-12-14 02:11 PM
    Yes we heard. Has a business and likes to keep in touch with each OS.

11-12-14 02:14 PM
    Yes we heard. Has a business and likes to keep in touch with each OS.

I haven't got a business. You must have me confused with someone else.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    11-12-14 02:54 PM
    11-12-14 03:00 PM
424 ... 151617