11-12-14 02:00 PM
424 ... 14151617
tools
    Haha, yes. Good to hear that you got an advance RMA. What email did you contact? It seems that people who emailed had better luck than those who called. I called and was told to go away basically.

As for the screen not perfectly fitting the frame, this is the case with every single BlackBerry Passport I've seen. I had 5 personally, all had gaps on one or more of the sides of the screen. The ones that are on demo in stores same thing. It seems that for whatever reason BlackBerry cannot get these screens to match the frame exactly. I presume it's actually the converse where the frame is just to large for the screen. I really don't know why. Posted via CB10
    I email BB yesterday morning and got back an email immediately said BB will give me Advance Exchange RMA. BB calls me the next morning and takes my information along with an offer to send out the replacement. BB said my replacement will be shipped overnight to me and I have 10 days to ship the defective unit back after I got my new one.
    Talking about the gap, I saw 2 PP and they all had the gaps. It is visible and ugly when dust stick into the gap. I think the White version will look better due to the White color so you will not notice the gap. But the think is BB used weak adhesive so the gap becomes a problem.
    P/S: I call BB one times and talk to a nice guy, after that I got email from a lady for my first replacement. This is my second one. I just email this lady all the time. She is working in BB Toronto. She replied my email almost immediately every single times or call me if she need to. I could give you the phone number and her email if you wanted to.
    11-08-14 08:16 PM
    What were talking about here isn't a defect per say. You replied about a post discussing gaps between the black decorative frame surrounding the screen and the screen itself. Statistically speaking, having 5 randomly chosen devices all with the same issue almost guarantees that majority of devices will have the same issue. Not all, most. However, let's see. I have another Passport coming from Shop BlackBerry in a couple of days. Brand new device. That's #6 that I bought at different times. I'm betting screen gaps are present again. I'll post pictures when it comes, but I'd be extremely surprised when it shows up if it is indeed perfect.

Posted via CB10
    I am sure that the gap is still there. This happen to Samsung Note 3,4 + Sony Xperia Z 2,3. Iphone 6 has the gap to but it is smaller.
    dejanh likes this.
    11-08-14 08:19 PM
    What were talking about here isn't a defect per say. You replied about a post discussing gaps between the black decorative frame surrounding the screen and the screen itself. Statistically speaking, having 5 randomly chosen devices all with the same issue almost guarantees that majority of devices will have the same issue. Not all, most. However, let's see. I have another Passport coming from Shop BlackBerry in a couple of days. Brand new device. That's #6 that I bought at different times. I'm betting screen gaps are present again. I'll post pictures when it comes, but I'd be extremely surprised when it shows up if it is indeed perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Posts 370, 371, 372 confirm 19 devices without the issue. Those are from Canada, US, UK and wherever Suraj is located. Sounds pretty random to me.

If this was as widespread a problem as you suggest, we would certainly have heard about it. This is the only thread here where I have seen this defect mentioned. (And yes, if the screen was lifting due to a poor adhesive, that's a defect.) We all know that journalists would have jumped all over such a problem as well, and I've seen no such reports. So, I disagree with your extrapolation of the statistics.

Here's mine -- no light bleeding, no screen lifting.

My Passport screen is splitting-img_0811.jpgMy Passport screen is splitting-img_0816.jpg
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-08-14 09:05 PM
    John your passport does like perfect. Scary to see the light bleed in several others that you don't have.
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-08-14 09:13 PM
    Make sure not to use your PlayBook chargers. Seems like overheating and battery swelling occurs.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-08-14 09:46 PM
    Wow are people still worrying about lcd bleed? If you worry about bleed just stop using devices with LCD's. I'm just getting irritated of people whining about lcd bleed. Bleed is present in every lcd. It seems that when people get a new device they just look for problems with it. As for the screen coming out just bring it back for warranty service that's all, as simple as that. It's probably caused by a swollen battery pushing on the screen. If it where weak adhesive we would all be returning are phones.

Posted via CB10
    Coraya likes this.
    11-08-14 09:51 PM
    Wow are people still worrying about lcd bleed? If you worry about bleed just stop using devices with LCD's. I'm just getting irritated of people whining about lcd bleed. Bleed is present in every lcd. It seems that when people get a new device they just look for problems with it. As for the screen coming out just bring it back for warranty service that's all, as simple as that. It's probably caused by a swollen battery pushing on the screen. If it where weak adhesive we would all be returning are phones.

Posted via CB10
    Does anybody in here actually read the thread before posting? Seriously?!

The battery "swelling", which by the way hasn't happened to anyone yet, at least reported, has zero impact on the screen. You need to look at my disassembly photos and you will see what I'm talking about. The battery is completely isolated from the screen. The only thing that could "swell" would be the back of your phone, and that too is unlikely. The battery would probably explode before you see any swelling at the back.

Posted via CB10
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-09-14 12:54 AM
    Posts 370, 371, 372 confirm 19 devices without the issue. Those are from Canada, US, UK and wherever Suraj is located. Sounds pretty random to me.

If this was as widespread a problem as you suggest, we would certainly have heard about it. This is the only thread here where I have seen this defect mentioned. (And yes, if the screen was lifting due to a poor adhesive, that's a defect.) We all know that journalists would have jumped all over such a problem as well, and I've seen no such reports. So, I disagree with your extrapolation of the statistics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0811.jpg 
Views:	1179 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	313110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0816.jpg 
Views:	1184 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	313111
    You're still not understanding what we're talking about. Nobody in this thread claimed that screen splitting or light bleeding from the screen was a common problem. The last few comments were talking about how flush the screen is seated within the thin black frame. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

I did want to say though that at least based on the attached photos, that's the most perfect Passport keyboard I've seen to date. Looks to have zero light bleed on the keys, sides, or anywhere really. Lucky guy

PS: Anyone can come in here claiming that they have 20, 30, 500 perfect Passports. How many have actually taken one apart to look at the overall build quality? I did, and I provided the pictures. I scrutinize all of my devices very, very closely for any imperfections. I doubt most do that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 11-09-14 at 01:33 AM.
    11-09-14 12:57 AM
    With the phone 5 a lot op people complain about scratching on the phones body. We replace them.

when the other came we had some complain about the home button and finger scanner. It was not working.

With the latest phone 6 software issues andbutton problem scanner. So we received a few phones back.

So out of the box

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 01:07 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0811.jpg 
Views:	1179 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	313110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0816.jpg 
Views:	1184 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	313111
    Add 4 from India confirmed perfect...

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-09-14 02:44 AM
    When I read these threads about someone actually taking apart a product to verify the build quality!!

Give me a break, I have been involved in automation and product manufacturing for over 30 years and you are always going to have some devices that aren't prefect when they are being mass produced.

My solution has always been very simple, if your not happy, take it back for a refund or get a replacement, period.

Otherwise, enjoy it, use it and forget about it, as long as it works and does what it designed to do and doesnt break, who cares.

Sometimes I think folks should find better things to do with their free time then picking apart a product and trying to find every possible defect, you didn't buy a Rolls Royce folks, it's a mass produced electronic device.

Sent from my lovely Passport on T Mobile USA
    The Big Picture likes this.
    11-09-14 05:43 AM
    When I read these threads about someone actually taking apart a product to verify the build quality!!

Give me a break, I have been involved in automation and product manufacturing for over 30 years and you are always going to have some devices that aren't prefect when they are being mass produced.

My solution has always been very simple, if your not happy, take it back for a refund or get a replacement, period.

Otherwise, enjoy it, use it and forget about it, as long as it works and does what it designed to do and doesnt break, who cares.

Sometimes I think folks should find better things to do with their free time then picking apart a product and trying to find every possible defect, you didn't buy a Rolls Royce folks, it's a mass produced electronic device.

I agree

Posted via CB10
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    11-09-14 08:37 AM
    I took mine apart only because that was the only way to get it fixed. Otherwise I wouldn't have done it. Also, I'm not denying it, I'm definitely OCD with certain things, that's why I look at every detail of every phone I buy. Oddballs exist everywhere, so some defects are expected. There is no denying from my observations that there are some commonly shared "less than perfect" details about a lot of Passport devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:27 AM
    Out of 100000s of device and few people say they have issues. To be expected. The few bad ones get more air time.
    No different when you buy a car, tv etc. I don't worry about it. This device is the best phone ever made IMHO. That aside you may get a few phones that get shipped with an issue.
    Enjoying mine more and more everyday. I am near the six week mark.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    The issue is not that a few phones have issues. That is to be expected on any device. The issue is the resolution of issues when they occur. Your cheer leading the device and saying it is the best phone ever doesn't address the issue that BlackBerry and Telus provided no resolution to a device with issues, essentially not honoring the warranty.

Posted from my Z30
    dejanh and jmr1015 like this.
    11-09-14 09:39 AM
    Does anybody in here actually read the thread before posting? Seriously?!

The battery "swelling", which by the way hasn't happened to anyone yet, at least reported, has zero impact on the screen. You need to look at my disassembly photos and you will see what I'm talking about. The battery is completely isolated from the screen. The only thing that could "swell" would be the back of your phone, and that too is unlikely. The battery would probably explode before you see any swelling at the back.

Posted via CB10
    Let's assume he's right and it is the battery swelling....

How does a lithium battery on the verge of exploding in a brand new phone make the situation any better better?
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-09-14 09:50 AM

Exactly. Anything and Everything manufactured, especially in the first batches will have some problems.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:55 AM
    You're still not understanding what we're talking about. Nobody in this thread claimed that screen splitting or light bleeding from the screen was a common problem. The last few comments were talking about how flush the screen is seated within the thin black frame. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

I did want to say though that at least based on the attached photos, that's the most perfect Passport keyboard I've seen to date. Looks to have zero light bleed on the keys, sides, or anywhere really. Lucky guy

PS: Anyone can come in here claiming that they have 20, 30, 500 perfect Passports. How many have actually taken one apart to look at the overall build quality? I did, and I provided the pictures. I scrutinize all of my devices very, very closely for any imperfections. I doubt most do that.

Posted via CB10
    My comments were in response to your post 375, where you stated "Statistically speaking, having 5 randomly chosen devices all with the same issue almost guarantees that majority of devices will have the same issue. Not all, most." That's the assumption I had difficulty with.

I hope your replacement has the same fit & finish as my day-one Passport. Mine has the same quality look and feel as my good old 9900.
    11-09-14 10:01 AM
    Well you did it...you made me take my Passport into a dark closet at full brightness to see if it has any of these afflictions...happy to report that it does not, it appears to be as well-built as I had originally thought (even though some of you had me questioning that assertion).
    Ecm, dejanh and jmr1015 like this.
    11-09-14 10:23 AM
    My phone has become afflicted with this defect. Who do I contact? I can't seem to figure out anything on the bb website?
    11-09-14 06:21 PM
    Why are you on here with a defect issue. If there is an issue take it up with the seller of the phone. Sorry but my first instinct would not to blog about it. Anyway hope you can deal with your issue.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-09-14 07:00 PM
    My phone has become afflicted with this defect. Who do I contact? I can't seem to figure out anything on the bb website?
    Skipping right over the post above, did you buy your device from Shop BlackBerry or from a carrier?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:45 PM
    Adif it's a forum

A place to speak

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob and lnichols like this.
    11-09-14 11:30 PM
    Any one try to "move" the glass like me??? My glass could move back and for if I slide it. There is an actual gap between the edge and the glass(the glass does not fit perfectly into the frame). So I saw the gap on the left edge yesterday, I place my fingers on the screen then push ans slide the glass toward the left to fix the gap. And I saw the gap disappeared BUT when I looked at the right edge, there was a new gap, I could see adhesive with dust stick to it. Then I tried to slide to glass toward the right edge and the gap on the left edge visible again. Now I am able to move back and for the glass.I think the glass will split from the frame soon. lol
    P/S: I email BB yesterday and BB response immediately ask me to send the pics. I sent to the pics to them and at the end of the day BB said I will get Advanced Exchange RMA.
    donganhnguyen, I have the same issue. My screen will slide when I push it along the x axis with my thumbs. Only slight pressure is required to move it. I first noticed it when I saw the line of dust you referred to. I went to a Rogers store today to test an instore device. Same issue. It's probably a related issue to what dejanh has been describing - weak adhesive. I have a feeling this issue probably affects a lot of Passports out in the wild, it's just that not many people have noticed it because they have not examined the device to the extent we have and because this "defect" has yet to affect people to the extent where it's blatently obvious (i.e. dejanh's case).

I'm getting my device replaced as I'm within the 15 day post-purchase period. Manufacture date: October 24, 2014.
    dejanh likes this.
    11-10-14 11:03 PM
    Just an update..

Contacted blackberry today and explained the issue to them....what a joke....the best they were able to come up with was to put me in contact with Telus customer service....oh yeah and lastly he said that if I need any help or have any questions with how to use the q10 loner phone that telus gave me, they would be more than happy to help...lol...

Just when you think Blackberry might start to turn things around, they remind you sooo quick that not much has changed. For a phone like the Passport to have the screen begin to peel off after just 39 days of light use is obviously a defect. I'm not saying that every passport will have this defect, but mine most certainly is defective. I'm really shocked that blackberry would not take responsibility and give me a replacement.

I even told them that I would only expect a replacement if their repair guys say that it is a defect on their part after they inspect it but they told me that only my carrier can offer a replacement and if they are not willing then their is nothing they can do.
    11-11-14 12:17 AM
    oh yeah and the manufacturing date for my device is 060914 which i assume is september 6 2014 or june 9 2014...not sure
    11-11-14 12:19 AM
424 ... 14151617