11-12-14 02:00 PM
424 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Now that the first Passport's owners have been using them for a month, I wonder how many more will have the unfortunate issue of the screen splitting. It seems like the more the device is used the greater the chance this issue will surface.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    I've had my Passport since launch day. Absolutely zero issues except for the "halo" around the logo at the back. A wipe with an lcd screen wipe over the entire back solved that.

I also know 4 others who have had Passports for varying amounts of time. All theirs are fine.
    11-04-14 10:53 AM
    Mine is also perfectly fine and I never experience these types of issues with the devices I purchase. Nevertheless, they do occur. I feel for the people who anticipated for so long to get their Passport, only to receive a defective product.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Passport
    11-04-14 11:04 AM
    Spoke to official enterprise partner of BlackBerry here in Serbia today. Carriers obtain devices from them. If you're a registered business, you can buy from them direct. Also, in case of any complaints, they simply replace the device for you.
    I'm buying Z30 from them, and will also buy Passport when they get it, post New Year.

If you buy your BlackBerry through a carrier here, they first send it to an authorised repair center which is rubbish as all they do tends to be reloading of OS. You never get replacement phone. Ever. Any.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:42 AM
    Spoke to official enterprise partner of BlackBerry here in Serbia today. Carriers obtain devices from them. If you're a registered business, you can buy from them direct. Also, in case of any complaints, they simply replace the device for you.
    I'm buying Z30 from them, and will also buy Passport when they get it, post New Year.

If you buy your BlackBerry through a carrier here, they first send it to an authorised repair center which is rubbish as all they do tends to be reloading of OS. You never get replacement phone. Ever. Any.

Posted via CB10
    About the same carrier story here in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:06 PM
    About the same carrier story here in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    That's why refused to give them my Z10 for the reboot problem. What's the point having them try to hopelessly to figure out what's going on using a standard troubleshooting flowchart, when the CB community has already dug into the issue?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 01:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Who is this partner?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:23 PM
    Now that the first Passport's owners have been using them for a month, I wonder how many more will have the unfortunate issue of the screen splitting. It seems like the more the device is used the greater the chance this issue will surface.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    I've had mine for over a mth and no screen lifting issues. Where I work, I have 10 of them out in the field and these guys that use the Passport's aren't very careful as it's a work phone. But no lifting of screens or anything of the sort even after various drops...even my guys have said this thing is built like a tank. We bought them about a week after I bought mine. Even my Passport I have dropped a few times and no major damage has occurred other than a scuff at the top left hand of the silver bezel, which I covered with the Passport hardshell case.

Posted via CB10
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 01:29 PM
    I've had mine for over a mth and no screen lifting issues. Where I work, I have 10 of them out in the field and these guys that use the Passport's aren't very careful as it's a work phone. But no lifting of screens or anything of the sort even after various drops...even my guys have said this thing is built like a tank. We bought them about a week after I bought mine. Even my Passport I have dropped a few times and no major damage has occurred other than a scuff at the top left hand of the silver bezel, which I covered with the Passport hardshell case.

Posted via CB10
    It is a very sturdy phone. Now that I repaired mine it's been very good. No doubt that those that are put together well in the first place are like a tank.

Posted via CB10
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 01:44 PM
    Resolved. Got replacement from Telus this afternoon. Keyboard feels much smoother on this one, less resistance. Keyboard backlight slightly dimmer in center but tolerable. Back up running with a solid device, love it

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    11-06-14 05:28 PM
    Resolved. Got replacement from Telus this afternoon. Keyboard feels much smoother on this one, less resistance. Keyboard backlight slightly dimmer in center but tolerable. Back up running with a solid device, love it

Posted via CB10
    How did you get Telus to agree to the replacement?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 05:34 PM
    You bypass the system and go directly to the top floor.

Email CEO Joe Natale and he will have an Executive Client Relations Advisor elevate your complaint and provide a solution at your Telus point of purchase.

This works with virtually every large corporation. Play nice though and give credit where and when it is due. Karma is a beautiful thing

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    11-06-14 08:17 PM
    I should add that it doesn't work with Rockin' Johnny Chen... one can only speculate as to why

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:29 PM
    Hey guys the problem seems to be a swollen battery. Stop talking about the glue, if it where the glue we would all be returning our phones now. It's just a defective battery that swells up and pushes on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:47 PM
    Ya hammer out a few lithium ions and yer good to go

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:48 PM
    Just a defecate battery is nothing to worry about if you go by the recent plenty foot drop test is it? Keep it in yer pants

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:52 PM
    Hey guys the problem seems to be a swollen battery. Stop talking about the glue, if it where the glue we would all be returning our phones now. It's just a defective battery that swells up and pushes on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    That is an interesting theory, but it is just as likely to be poor application of the double sided tape during assembly. This would not effect all devices... though if the contact patches are truly small, it could eventually impact the majority of devices given enough time. It really just depends if it falls under faulty assembly, or inherently faulty design.
    11-06-14 08:55 PM
    Soooo much better to have a rocket in yer pocket than a saggy bit o tape

Holy uncap a whole new can o worms, Batman

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:55 PM
    So I'm a long time blackberry user, approximately 14 years and going strong but sadly i just came back from the telus store after dropping off my Passport for repair/replacement. Hopefully they replace it. I got the passport on Oct 24th and this morning (Nov 6) i noticed the screen on the bottom right corner slightly detached from the phone. My phone is flawless, not even a scratch, never been dropped or abused in any shape way or form. I love the passport but this really annoyed me because it is obviously a defect on Blackberrys part. I hope I'm wrong but something is telling me that this is more of an issue then we might think and more people will be experiencing this in time.

Telus refused to simply replace my device because it didn't happen with 30 days

I'm hoping that who ever they send the phone to will send me back a new device. For now I'm stuck with a Q10 loner.
    11-06-14 09:22 PM
    How about contacting the media with your issue? It has become Kafkaesque now. There must be consumer advocates where you live. Ellen Roseman at the Toronto Star gets great results when she threatens these companies to print their stories. She helped me twice with Bell.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:46 PM
    Telus told me there was a 14 day return window.

Email CEO Joe at Telus. BlackBerry has been sent back to the minor leagues... they are small fry players. If they wanna play with the big boys like they did back in the day they will have to be held accountable for their product.

Any Telus store display will tell us the story.

Stand up for your rights

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-06-14 09:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is the glue. Did you look at my disassembly photos? The battery is on the other side of the frame of the phone, completely away from the screen. It's physically impossible for it to affect the screen in any way, shape, or form.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:25 PM
    So I'm a long time blackberry user, approximately 14 years and going strong but sadly i just came back from the telus store after dropping off my Passport for repair/replacement. Hopefully they replace it. I got the passport on Oct 24th and this morning (Nov 6) i noticed the screen on the bottom right corner slightly detached from the phone. My phone is flawless, not even a scratch, never been dropped or abused in any shape way or form. I love the passport but this really annoyed me because it is obviously a defect on Blackberrys part. I hope I'm wrong but something is telling me that this is more of an issue then we might think and more people will be experiencing this in time.

Telus refused to simply replace my device because it didn't happen with 30 days

I'm hoping that who ever they send the phone to will send me back a new device. For now I'm stuck with a Q10 loner.
    It really is a bunch of BS with BlackBerry and carriers over this. It's a clear defect. Get the devices replaced for the love of God.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:31 PM
    Totally agree. The rep in telus really seemed to agree as well but the higher ups aren't being flexible. Did not try to contact blackberry though...maybe I should of tried that first.
    11-06-14 10:38 PM
    Still can

I went to Telus store four times before emailing CEO this afternoon... solved two hours later

Go for it

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:52 PM
    Still can

I went to Telus store four times before emailing CEO this afternoon... solved two hours later

Go for it

Posted via CB10
    Is his contact publicly available?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:56 PM
424 ... 1213141516 ...