Email [email protected] and [email protected] - tried both and got a solution from [email protected]

Shelley is an Executive Client Relations Advisor for TELUS Consumer Solutions. She called and left a message, emailed me with several options, and returned a call later in the day. You can also call her @ 1 855 432-2982

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    11-06-14 11:01 PM
    And no none of that info is publicly available

Until now

Seek and ye shall find

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-06-14 11:02 PM
    Thank you sir. This is valuable information. I'm SOL now anyway since I voided my warranty by repairing the phone myself, but it's good for others to know. Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:13 PM
    It is the glue. Did you look at my disassembly photos? The battery is on the other side of the frame of the phone, completely away from the screen. It's physically impossible for it to affect the screen in any way, shape, or form.

Posted via CB10
    I though you mention it is due to a warping body frame?
    11-07-14 12:19 AM
    Can you please tell me the date your split screen Passports were manufactured? Mine shows no signs of splitting as of this writing and I hope it stays that way as BBRY might have "tightened some screws" in their production line eversince the first split screens showed up. Mine was made October 20, 2014.
    11-07-14 12:21 AM
    I though you mention it is due to a warping body frame?
    That was part of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:22 AM
    Can you please tell me the date your split screen Passports were manufactured? Mine shows no signs of splitting as of this writing and I hope it stays that way as BBRY might have "tightened some screws" in their production line eversince the first split screens showed up. Mine was made October 20, 2014.
    Either August 9th or September 8th. I think it's September 8th.

Posted via CB10
    draculito likes this.
    11-07-14 12:23 AM
    And no none of that info is publicly available

Until now

Seek and ye shall find

Posted via CB10
    And I thought for a moment you were an officer at one of their corporate clients, but then again, Telus would have a separate customer service system.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    11-07-14 07:56 AM
    Nah, with trial and error you can find anything

Posted via CB10
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-07-14 08:07 AM
    Where can we find the manufacturing date?
    11-07-14 10:18 AM
    Just a defecate battery
    Um.....
    solitude1984 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    11-07-14 10:21 AM
    Um.....
    LOL hahaha

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-07-14 11:50 AM
    Where can we find the manufacturing date?
    It's on the side of the box, next to the model number. It will be six digits, for example, if the Passport was made on September 25, it would look like 250914.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 11:52 AM
    Quadra Graphics, they work with legal entities only (businesses)

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 03:25 AM
    Any one try to "move" the glass like me??? My glass could move back and for if I slide it. There is an actual gap between the edge and the glass(the glass does not fit perfectly into the frame). So I saw the gap on the left edge yesterday, I place my fingers on the screen then push ans slide the glass toward the left to fix the gap. And I saw the gap disappeared BUT when I looked at the right edge, there was a new gap, I could see adhesive with dust stick to it. Then I tried to slide to glass toward the right edge and the gap on the left edge visible again. Now I am able to move back and for the glass.I think the glass will split from the frame soon. lol
    P/S: I email BB yesterday and BB response immediately ask me to send the pics. I sent to the pics to them and at the end of the day BB said I will get Advanced Exchange RMA.
    11-08-14 06:47 AM
    Wow. That's a slider Passport there you've got.
    Jokes aside quite a num.of screen issues. Am spending every day checking my screen for these issues. Not good for the heart.

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-08-14 08:09 AM
    Out of 100000s of device and few people say they have issues. To be expected. The few bad ones get more air time.
    No different when you buy a car, tv etc. I don't worry about it. This device is the best phone ever made IMHO. That aside you may get a few phones that get shipped with an issue.
    Enjoying mine more and more everyday. I am near the six week mark.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-08-14 08:30 AM
    Wow. That's a slider Passport there you've got.
    Jokes aside quite a num.of screen issues. Am spending every day checking my screen for these issues. Not good for the heart.

Posted via CB10
    Don't do that, lol. I think the adhesive BB used was not strong enough. They need to change it I think. And this problem has been out there for year since I use BB Pearl, Curve and Q10. Idk why BB used really weak adhesive. I may easy for BB fo fix the device. Comparing to SS or Apple, I change the screen for my ipad several time and my old Samsung S4-S5, idk what kind of adhesive Apple and Samsung used BUT it wicked strong even I use heat gun to reheat the screen before taking it out. Some times I have to break the old screen to take it out piece by piece due to strong adhesive
    11-08-14 10:13 AM
    Don't do that, lol. I think the adhesive BB used was not strong enough. They need to change it I think. And this problem has been out there for year since I use BB Pearl, Curve and Q10. Idk why BB used really weak adhesive. I may easy for BB fo fix the device. Comparing to SS or Apple, I change the screen for my ipad several time and my old Samsung S4-S5, idk what kind of adhesive Apple and Samsung used BUT it wicked strong even I use heat gun to reheat the screen before taking it out. Some times I have to break the old screen to take it out piece by piece due to strong adhesive
    Haha, yes. Good to hear that you got an advance RMA. What email did you contact? It seems that people who emailed had better luck than those who called. I called and was told to go away basically.

As for the screen not perfectly fitting the frame, this is the case with every single BlackBerry Passport I've seen. I had 5 personally, all had gaps on one or more of the sides of the screen. The ones that are on demo in stores same thing. It seems that for whatever reason BlackBerry cannot get these screens to match the frame exactly. I presume it's actually the converse where the frame is just to large for the screen. I really don't know why.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 12:52 PM
    My experience is exactly the opposite. I've seen 4 Passports, in addition to my own. All were perfect. And off all the Passport users on this forum, there has only been this handful of members on this thread that seem to be experiencing the problem.

Let's not tar the entire product line with the same brush.
    11-08-14 01:17 PM
    My experience is exactly the opposite. I've seen 4 Passports, in addition to my own. All were perfect. And off all the Passport users on this forum, there has only been this handful of members on this thread that seem to be experiencing the problem.

4 Passports in my office including mine...all rock solid and no issues whatsoever...

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-08-14 02:30 PM
    Mine and the 10 others I have out in the wild with my company are all well built ie no screen gaps or screens lifting etc.

No doubt they are ones out there with issues but I think majority of Passport's out there are fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 02:48 PM

No offense, but have you looked at your Passport really carefully? Is the frame truly flush to the screen so that it forms a nice seal? Did you ever actually check your device for notification light bleed above the notification light at night?

I find it hard to believe that so many randomly chosen devices can all have the same fit issues and for those just to be a coincidence. I'd sooner bet you aren't looking that carefully. A good test is to take a piece of paper and see if will slide in anywhere between the frame and the screen, not the stainless steel frame, the black, thin, screen frame.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 05:32 PM
    No offense, but have you looked at your Passport really carefully? Is the frame truly flush to the screen so that it forms a nice seal? Did you ever actually check your device for notification light bleed above the notification light at night?

I find it hard to believe that so many randomly chosen devices can all have the same fit issues and for those just to be a coincidence. I'd sooner bet you aren't looking that carefully. A good test is to take a piece of paper and see if will slide in anywhere between the frame and the screen, not the stainless steel frame, the black, thin, screen frame.

Posted via CB10
    I am absolutely sure my device doesn't have any of the defects you're describing. The screen is flush and there is no light bleeding through anywhere.

You may have had issues, but you have to accept that others have none.
    11-08-14 07:03 PM
    I am absolutely sure my device doesn't have any of the defects you're describing. The screen is flush and there is no light bleeding through anywhere.

You may have had issues, but you have to accept that others have none.
    What were talking about here isn't a defect per say. You replied about a post discussing gaps between the black decorative frame surrounding the screen and the screen itself. Statistically speaking, having 5 randomly chosen devices all with the same issue almost guarantees that majority of devices will have the same issue. Not all, most. However, let's see. I have another Passport coming from Shop BlackBerry in a couple of days. Brand new device. That's #6 that I bought at different times. I'm betting screen gaps are present again. I'll post pictures when it comes, but I'd be extremely surprised when it shows up if it is indeed perfect.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 08:16 PM
424 ... 1314151617