This is a Passport forum. This thread no longer has anything to do with a Passport.

Mods, please move this to Rehab.

Posted via CB10
    This thread has everything to do with the Blackberry Passport. It paints a picture of the possibilities a new unfortunate Passport owner may experience. It informs consumers how behind after sales support still is and what hoops you need to jump on in order to get what you paid for.
    jmr1015, reeneebob and SharonRD like this.
    11-01-14 09:28 PM
    No it doesn't. It to me looks to over inflate a few voice to slander a company name. Sorry but true. Do I love my Passport YES. Do I believe that absolutely 100% of all device with be defect free. NO.
    If I had a issue I would deal with it without an audience.
    I hope all the warranty claims are sorted out. I know 100s of BlackBerry users that have never had an issue with theirs but these things can happen time to time.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    11-01-14 09:34 PM
    No it doesn't. It to me looks to over inflate a few voice to slander a company name. Sorry but true. Do I love my Passport YES. Do I believe that absolutely 100% of all device with be defect free. NO.
    I hope all the warranty claims are sorted out. I know 100s of BlackBerry users that have never had an issue with theirs but these things can happen time to time.

Those few voices are the helpless Blackberry carrying fans who wanted to fix their devices so bad instead of jumping to another platform. Receiving poor customer service and finding help then sharing the experience towards fellow consumers, is never slander. May you always receive a working device and be saved from the unfortunate experience OP had.
    dejanh, reeneebob and SharonRD like this.
    11-01-14 09:46 PM

So just because you and the "100s" of BlackBerry users that you somehow know have never had any issues that means no one who does have any issue can talk about their experience? Yeah that makes sense! I don't understand all of you blindly defending BlackBerry. If you truly cared then you would do what you could to make the company better by letting them know where they can improve and just maybe they'll stay in business to continue making devices for us. Make BlackBerry better. Don't makeup excuses for them. They do that enough.

Posted via CB10
    solitude1984 likes this.
    11-01-14 09:48 PM
    No it doesn't. It to me looks to over inflate a few voice to slander a company name. Sorry but true.
    Slander? So you're saying that this issue, or the way BlackBerry has handled it, is simply not true? Because slander involves making false statements.
    11-01-14 11:00 PM
    I for one am voicing my opinion on youcanmakeitbetter on BlackBerry website so I do try. Yes I see some glitches here and there but I try to constructive about the fix.

11-01-14 11:38 PM
    I for one am voicing my opinion on youcanmakeitbetter on BlackBerry website so I do try. Yes I see some glitches here and there but I try to constructive about the fix.

I think the OP has been pretty constructive considering he fixed his own device because BlackBerry refused to do anything with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:05 AM
    I think the OP has been pretty constructive considering he fixed his own device because BlackBerry refused to do anything with it.

Posted via CB10
    You mean except refund his money?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 07:24 AM
    Just want to ask, does anyone experience a slight gap between the metal frame and keyboard? Something like the picture below. Look carefully on the left side.

My Passport screen is splitting-img_20141102_200556.jpg

Not sure if it's anything major but still requiring opinions. Thanks in advanced.
    11-02-14 08:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    You guys keep getting confused between his 2 devices. The one with the screen splitting issue was purchased at full retail price from Telus. When he went to BlackBerry to get help for it they sent him to Telus. When he went to telus, they said it was passed the 15 day return period and said there was nothing they could do and he should talk to BlackBerry. He went in circles like that before giving up. His other device he purchased from shop BlackBerry is the one they offered refund or repair only which is also ridiculous. RMA should always be available for a brand new, flagship device.

Get your facts straight.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob and dejanh like this.
    11-02-14 08:48 AM

The OP was very constructive. BlackBerry said pound sand, so he fixed it himself and identified the problem and the solution. Just because it makes BlackBerry look douchy in the process isn't the OP's fault.... Hopefully BlackBerry will see this and realize that they need to revise their support policies.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    11-02-14 09:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you don't like the thread, just stop posting here, just please stop spreading false information. I was never offered a refund option for this device.

Anyway, I really don't have more to add to this discussion at this time. My fixed Passport is working great and I'm enjoying it.

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh likes this.
    11-02-14 02:42 PM
    Just want to ask, does anyone experience a slight gap between the metal frame and keyboard? Something like the picture below. Look carefully on the left side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141102_200556.jpg 
Views:	1384 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	311526

Not sure if it's anything major but still requiring opinions. Thanks in advanced.
    The small strip below the keyboard is just clipped in place and uses a double sided tape adhesive underneath for extra hold. It is possible that it's not perfectly straight or that the double sided adhesive is not holding as well. Regardless, if you want to remove it, try to straighten it, and affix it again then dig in slowly underneath the Enter key with your nail or a plastic tool and pry it up. It should cause it to pop out.
    11-02-14 04:25 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141102_200556.jpg 
Views:	1384 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	311526

Not trying to bring up all the issues from this thread, just want to help this poster. keepingsane101, it would be a good idea to start a new thread for your question, then you'll get replies dedicated to your question, because this thread is pretty much done.
    dejanh likes this.
    11-02-14 04:28 PM
    Ok thanks. Will do so.
    SharonRD likes this.
    11-02-14 06:00 PM
    Another screen liftin' victim... BlackBerry has been of no assistance. Got my PP on release day in Toronto. Noticed the right bottom of screen popping up last week. Emailed Chen directly, nothing but crickets in response. Went to Telus twice thus far but both times no manager = no action. Next step is to email Joe Natale CEO of Telus and if no resolution is forthcoming then it's time to go viral on Youtube.

Love the Passport, hate the way it's stuck together with a piece of tape.

I anticipate a recall notice will be issued in short order

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:27 PM
    Another screen liftin' victim... BlackBerry has been of no assistance. Got my PP on release day in Toronto. Noticed the right bottom of screen popping up last week. Emailed Chen directly, nothing but crickets in response. Went to Telus twice thus far but both times no manager = no action. Next step is to email Joe Natale CEO of Telus and if no resolution is forthcoming then it's time to go viral on Youtube.

Posted via CB10
    Could you post a couple of pictures? I'd just like to compare this to what I've observed.

Posted via CB10
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    11-03-14 11:33 PM
    Could you post a couple of pictures? I'd just like to compare this to what I've observed.

Posted via CB10
    Took pics with old iPhone, on cb site now with iPhone Safari browser. How do I post the pics from iPhone ?
    11-04-14 12:15 AM
    My Passport screen is splitting-imageuploadedbycb-forums1415082718.507481.jpg

One pic
    11-04-14 12:32 AM
    Tried a few times... sleepy

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:38 AM
    Hold the cheap thing together with a rubber band... people ask why and I show them.... even if they don't ask I show them. Fun at the apple store after Telus refused to help me.

As indicated, youtube vid to come when time permits. Chen will love it

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:43 AM
    Yeah, that's looking about the same like what happened to my phone and a few others. It's always the bottom corners that detach. Adhesive is poor, poorly applied, and the bonding area is hugely disbalanced. The top has 6 millimeters of width to bind and the bottom has 2 millimeters. The sides only have 1.5 millimeters of contact surface.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 01:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    You contacted John Chen but did you contact BlackBerry support? Honestly I think you've gone too far up the chain. I don't think he would open emails from unknown senders. I could be wrong of course.
    I think your first contact should be support.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-04-14 04:02 AM
    Telus again not aiding its customer. Go team Telus!
    11-04-14 08:21 AM
    Now that the first Passport's owners have been using them for a month, I wonder how many more will have the unfortunate issue of the screen splitting. It seems like the more the device is used the greater the chance this issue will surface.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    11-04-14 10:43 AM
424 ... 1112131415 ...