That is unacceptable service that cannot be ignored. Customer service is everything; best way to gain and keep customers and also easiest way to lose customers. I hope for you that things will work out. If it was apple they'd replace it on the spot. BlackBerry needs to follow that example.
    10-24-14 02:22 PM
    Wow, that's terrible! I expected Telus to try to wash their hands of your case. For ShopBB to deny you a replacement is unbelievable because it has the BlackBerry name associated with it.

Looks like there's nothing in the BC Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act that is likely to be helpful.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Last edited by deltact; 10-24-14 at 04:21 PM. Reason: knowledge of province
    10-24-14 02:56 PM
    Compared to Apple, Blackberry / htc/samsung...basically the entire cellular hardware all have terrible support. I like this device and have minor issues mostly related to setup and a learning curve, since I've been with Apple for years.

No one compares to there service so it's not just Blackberry. Your comparing a mammoth to a squirrel in the industry that can afford such a level of service.

However, this unit is amazing and so diversified for my business that I took the risk. Hopefully None of the issues mentioned with rear it's ugly head.

Good luck to you

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:06 PM
    Dejan, why don't you send a message to Bla1ze? He might know someone in customer service that will be more helpful.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    dejanh likes this.
    10-24-14 03:32 PM
    that's a good idea, i thought about it too, but on the other hand, does he need an internal friend in order to BB to honor the warranty? so if there is a guy who doesn't know bla1ze, what does he do? by all means Dejan, send a message to bla1ze but would be great to have a better customer service after this for everyone

Dejan, why don't you send a message to Bla1ze? He might know someone in customer service that will be more helpful.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    Last edited by gallopiton; 10-24-14 at 04:47 PM.
    10-24-14 03:39 PM
    that's a good idea, i thought about it too, but on the other hand, does he need an internal friend in order to BB to honor the warranty? so if there is a guy who doesn't know bla1ze, what does he do? by all means Dejan, send a message to bla1ze but would be great to have a better customer service after this to everyone
    exactly
    10-24-14 03:50 PM
    Dejan, that is outrageous for both the DOA device as well as the splitting one. I do urge you to escalate. And quite honestly, consider Twitter time with BBRY as well. As politely as you have been so far, of course.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-24-14 03:51 PM
    howarmat, you are a moderator, can you please check (if you haven't done that already) if there is a way to escalate this to someone? and also, it would be great for crackberry to write an article about this... i know maybe I'm dreaming but what everyone wants is to buy something, regardless of the brand, and then, if you encounter a problem, contact the manufacturer and receive a professional service and solution... no one here wants to trash BB, at least not me, but we are customers and we deserve the manufacturer to honor a warranty... i suggest crackberry to use the power of media pressure in a good way, let's not just look the other way (not meaning you, but in general)... i cannot imagine how terrible must be to have two devices like that and feel totally alone with no satisfactory solutions from the manufacturer...

exactly
    allengeorge likes this.
    10-24-14 04:10 PM
    Compared to Apple, Blackberry / htc/samsung...basically the entire cellular hardware all have terrible support. I like this device and have minor issues mostly related to setup and a learning curve, since I've been with Apple for years.

No one compares to there service so it's not just Blackberry. Your comparing a mammoth to a squirrel in the industry that can afford such a level of service.

However, this unit is amazing and so diversified for my business that I took the risk. Hopefully None of the issues mentioned with rear it's ugly head.

Good luck to you

Posted via CB10
    Then they shouldn't have a warranty on them that they make it difficult to use for a legitimate factory defect like this. Instead only offer them as-is at a greatly reduced price.

I would say the same about any other company, but those other companies aren't trying to change customers perspectives on themselves.

If they can't afford to replace a defective device they need to get out of the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-24-14 04:13 PM
    [WARN]
    Quit attacking people
    and
    KEEP IT ON TOPIC.
    [/WARN]
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-24-14 04:16 PM
    This is not right for the OP to have to jump through hoops to get Blackberry to honor the warranty on a brand new device. Its not the OP's fault that the screen is lifting. Blackberry needs to step up and take care of their customer!
    reeneebob and jdhooghe like this.
    10-24-14 04:37 PM
    I tried to explain to BlackBerry nicely that they need to stand behind their product. They just aren't listening. Thanks for the suggestion to contact Bla1ze. I thought about that too, but I did not want to bother him, and to be honest, as somebody said earlier, I should not need to have an "in" just to get basic service. This experience is seriously making me question my device loyalties. I'm using my hard earned dollars to support a company that won't even stand behind their product. It's really crazy that this is what things have to come down to.

I'm not giving up just yet but I'm wasting a huge amount of time that I won't get back. This is now a multi-day saga.
    10-24-14 04:55 PM
    Case in point, had issues with my payment method on itunes. Went online with my ipad, waited 2 minutes and had customer resolve the issue. Other options - Apple stores, go online, book your time and they withh help you with warranty, tech support etc. No other company does this and will not get rid of my ipad.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 01:58 PM
    Has anyone tried tweeting a link to BlackBerry of this thread with the question, "Does BlackBerry not support its products?" or something along those lines in the tweet. I don't use twitter but I hear it can be effective regarding getting customer service issues resolved.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:00 PM
    Hmm, this is not good at all! I hope your issue gets resolved; keep us updated.

Z10STL1_10.3.0.1418
    10-25-14 03:11 PM
    What about those 15 days no return policy from carrier? Carrier is more responsible for this since they are the seller.
    Could the damage caused by mechanical impact? Dropped phone?
    I personally never had any defective consumer products i.e phone nor cars..these days qaqc processes are good.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:46 PM
    What about those 15 days no return policy from carrier? Carrier is more responsible for this since they are the seller.
    Could the damage caused by mechanical impact? Dropped phone?
    I personally never had any defective consumer products i.e phone nor cars..these days qaqc processes are good.

Posted via CB10
    It's 15 days return and only if it has less than 30 minutes usage. Otherwise, no return. Also, the phone with the splitting screen was purchased on the 24th of September and the issue just developed. Furthermore, POS has zero responsibility to deal with warranty. BlackBerry is just being unreasonably procedural because the phone would end up with them anyway. With that said, because the device is so new the reasonable thing for the manufacturer to do would be to replace the device, especially since it is clearly a manufacturing defect. The "how the damage happened" has already been discussed. No mechanical impact, no dropping, nothing. It's also pretty obvious that's the case considering that the device does not have so much as a hairline scuff on it, i.e., its flawless. Finally, you must be one lucky guy considering that the quality of goods is universally worse today than it ever was before, in fact intentionally, to encourage more frequent replacements.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:25 PM
    I tried to explain to BlackBerry nicely that they need to stand behind their product. They just aren't listening. Thanks for the suggestion to contact Bla1ze. I thought about that too, but I did not want to bother him, and to be honest, as somebody said earlier, I should not need to have an "in" just to get basic service. This experience is seriously making me question my device loyalties. I'm using my hard earned dollars to support a company that won't even stand behind their product. It's really crazy that this is what things have to come down to.

I'm not giving up just yet but I'm wasting a huge amount of time that I won't get back. This is now a multi-day saga.
    I thought that "Better customer service and after sales support" would improve under John Chen? Hmm. A Flagship device needs outstanding after sales support!!
    MarsupilamiX and kbz1960 like this.
    10-25-14 09:51 PM
    It's definitely impossible to know and of course there are lemons but it just sucks when you're the one stuck with the lemon, lol. I was at the launch party in NYC and received a free z10 I loved that phone but then changed to the Q10 when it came, and then the z30 and then I went back to the Q10 and was HOPING to go for the passport. First world problems at the end of the day.
    I agree. I was pretty disappointed when the mic died on my Z10. Luckily I have a spare phone, and LG G2. Unfortunately I know when some folks phones die out of the blue they don't have spares.
    10-25-14 11:02 PM
    Was thinking of picking up a passport coming week, but I guess will have to pick up another p9981 after listening to such concerns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-25-14 11:26 PM
    Quick update for everyone. I'm haven't managed to get the Shop BlackBerry folks to change their mind. The stance is still no RMA.

The screen splitting issue I've given up on and decided to take things into my own hands to fix my own phone (so much for warranty). After about 10 hours of work I managed to repair it. I have lots of teardown photos, so I'll share those with everyone when I get the chance. As I suspected the factory adhesive tape was pure junk. It wasn't even applied properly, with it not appearing in some spots. It also leaves a ton of residue when removed.

For those that are wondering what I used to affix the screen again, I used the 3M VHB tape.

Thanks for nothing BlackBerry. :|

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 01:41 AM
    This has really put a dent in BlackBerry's reputation. Customer support telling you to contact the store that sold it is a complete cop out. We all know that you have like 3 minutes of talk time and it is tough sh_t...from their side of it.

This post sure brought some fan boi's out of the woodwork. Congrats that you didn't use your hard-earned money on a phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 02:46 AM
    Quick update for everyone. I'm haven't managed to get the Shop BlackBerry folks to change their mind. The stance is still no RMA.

The screen splitting issue I've given up on and decided to take things into my own hands to fix my own phone (so much for warranty). After about 10 hours of work I managed to repair it. I have lots of teardown photos, so I'll share those with everyone when I get the chance. As I suspected the factory adhesive tape was pure junk. It wasn't even applied properly, with it not appearing in some spots. It also leaves a ton of residue when removed.

For those that are wondering what I used to affix the screen again, I used the 3M VHB tape.

Thanks for nothing BlackBerry. :|

Posted via CB10
    Can you please share some pics?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:11 AM
    Can you please share some pics?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    And step by step instructions? Maybe a video if possible..

Posted from my PeePee!
    10-26-14 03:42 AM
    It would be great if crackberry could run a poll to see how many people this is affecting and get an official response from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 07:04 AM
424 ... 34567 ...