Don't worry. I'm leaving my office in about 15 minutes. By 8pm tonight you'll have pictures. I might even give you a smile.
    I'm interested in seeing these, not because I don't believe you, but because I'd like to see which part of the screen is glued (or unglued) to what. From looking at mine, it seems as though they wedge the screen into a thin black frame (the Z30 had a similar black frame). Is the frame coming unglued too? Or is the glass separating from/slipping past the frame?

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    10-22-14 07:44 PM
    What's with all the ********? The phone comes with a warranty, use it. Some people cry as though there is no warranty on it. Yeah, it sucks, but it happens with everything.
    True however, see below and then read on...

It's actually a pita to go through warranty etc. I'm a huge bb fan and even I'm disappointed with the phone. DOA on Oct 10. Still waiting for my replacement from Rogers and was just told today that it was backordered. They're estimating another 15 days. I'm TRYING to cancel the order now but we'll see.

When you invest a chunk of your money on a device, you expect it to work. I've been seeing a lot of these kinds of posts and I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for their next flagship device Q10 is still holding up strong though.
    Just last night I called DR about the other defective device where the key gets stuck and the screen is detached/light is bleeding, and after being disconnected 6 times, I was told "we don't do replacements so return and re-buy". I escalated and after being dragged around for another 15 minutes I got the same answer. Then I was told that they will put in a "ticket" for me to which I should get a response within 24 hours. It's now been 20 out of those 24 hours, and the NA offices are closing, no response. I also have experience dealing with BlackBerry for service before, and it wasn't easy. Let's not kid ourselves. BlackBerry after-sales support is nothing to gloat about.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-22-14 07:45 PM
    I'm interested in seeing these, not because I don't believe you, but because I'd like to see which part of the screen is glued (or unglued) to what. From looking at mine, it seems as though they wedge the screen into a thin black frame (the Z30 had a similar black frame). Is the frame coming unglued too? Or is the glass separating from/slipping past the frame?

Posted via CB10
    It's separating from the frame. At least that's how it looks like to me. I'll try to get good detail. I wish I had a true macro lens, but I think that if the focus is spot on I can crop the image to show the issue nicely.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-22-14 07:53 PM
    True however, see below and then read on...

Just last night I called DR about the other defective device where the key gets stuck and the screen is detached/light is bleeding, and after being disconnected 6 times, I was told "we don't do replacements so return and re-buy". I escalated and after being dragged around for another 15 minutes I got the same answer. Then I was told that they will put in a "ticket" for me to which I should get a response within 24 hours. It's now been 20 out of those 24 hours, and the NA offices are closing, no response. I also have experience dealing with BlackBerry for service before, and it wasn't easy. Let's not kid ourselves. BlackBerry after-sales support is nothing to gloat about.
    someone else was getting the same run around. DR told them to repurchase and sent this one back instead of a return with RMA. They purchased using the discount the first time so the second would be full price. He dicked around with them for quite a bit and finally got them to issue a RMA and they would ship another out and then he would return the bad one. Keep on them and demand a RMA like any other warranty return should be
    10-22-14 08:03 PM
    someone else was getting the same run around. DR told them to repurchase and sent this one back instead of a return with RMA. They purchased using the discount the first time so the second would be full price. He dicked around with them for quite a bit and finally got them to issue a RMA and they would ship another out and then he would return the bad one. Keep on them and demand a RMA like any other warranty return should be
    Yeah, it's the exact runaround I'm getting. I don't know what kind of company does not replace devices. Idiots. Anyway, I'll push them tonight. I want to wrap up some shopping and then pics here and then to hassle DR.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 08:50 PM
    I don't really understand why some people are getting defensive and calling the OP
    names or doubting him. If you want to be negative, do your research first. I remember
    this guy ( OP ) dishing out info on the Passport when there wasn't a lot of news, and i don't
    think that it's 'his mission' to hurt Blackberry by making something like this up.

It IS messed up to receive a DOA phone, and it IS a pita whenever you have to send back your brand new
    phone just to wait a couple more weeks to receive a new one. When i received my Passport, the box was
    already opened, as it had 4 seals instead of two. I called the place up from where i ordered the phone, who
    said that the Passport was on backorder, and they'd let me know when it would be in stock again.

I had been using my Passport for about 2 weeks, when i received notification that the Passport was in stock,
    and they asked if i could send mine back so they could ship out my new one. I sent mine back, didn't receive
    a new one. Called em up, and they told me that they made a mistake, and if i could wait for the new shipment
    to arrive, which could take up to three weeks. Am i an 'Apple Fanboy' because of this?
    10-22-14 09:01 PM
    It's separating from the frame. At least that's how it looks like to me. I'll try to get good detail. I wish I had a true macro lens, but I think that if the focus is spot on I can crop the image to show the issue nicely.
    It's the glue that is defective. That's the issue that's been reported before for some passports.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-22-14 09:04 PM
    It's the glue that is defective. That's the issue that's been reported before for some passports.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if Blackberry is listening and getting this fixed, LOL. I still want the phone and I'm REALLY hoping the new batches have all the issues addressed.. but probably wishful thinking.

People should lay off the OP. He's bringing up some good points and no one in here is bashing blackberry that I've read so far. Just pointing out legitimate issues.
    10-22-14 10:06 PM
    Since there isn't a photo here yet, here's what happened to my Passport.
    My Passport screen is splitting-img_20141007_140226.jpg

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and flyingsolid like this.
    10-22-14 10:12 PM
    I wonder if Blackberry is listening and getting this fixed, LOL. I still want the phone and I'm REALLY hoping the new batches have all the issues addressed.. but probably wishful thinking.

People should lay off the OP. He's bringing up some good points and no one in here is bashing blackberry that I've read so far. Just pointing out legitimate issues.
    Undoubtedly they are fixing something like this. Impossible to know how many have the issue. But buying a device early after release always runs this risk.

I bought my Z10 the day of release. Just had the microphone on it fail. Which is a known issue with some Z10's.

Hopefully folks are able to get these replaced without too much hassle.
    10-22-14 10:18 PM
    Maybe I should sell or return mine before this happens!

$30 for a new keyboard on my Q10 a couple of times a year doesn't seem so bad compared to this. This has me a little bit concerned.
    allmotorsi likes this.
    10-22-14 10:27 PM
    Undoubtedly they are fixing something like this. Impossible to know how many have the issue. But buying a device early after release always runs this risk.

I bought my Z10 the day of release. Just had the microphone on it fail. Which is a known issue with some Z10's.

Hopefully folks are able to get these replaced without too much hassle.
    It's definitely impossible to know and of course there are lemons but it just sucks when you're the one stuck with the lemon, lol. I was at the launch party in NYC and received a free z10 I loved that phone but then changed to the Q10 when it came, and then the z30 and then I went back to the Q10 and was HOPING to go for the passport. First world problems at the end of the day.
    thomascgty and jakie55 like this.
    10-22-14 10:33 PM
    Here's the pic of this device...I don't think I need to zoom and crop. The separating of the screen from the frame is pretty visible.

My Passport screen is splitting-img_6651.jpg

And here is the other Passport. Look at the LED, just above it, and notice how it shines through the frame. Photo makes it look a lot better actually. In addition to it shining through, there is no seal on the screen there. Also, the lower left and right corner on this device flex, and they too will likely come loose. Finally, this one also has a letter "A" that sticks.

My Passport screen is splitting-img_6652.jpg
    10-22-14 11:40 PM
    Yup, definitely looks like bad adhesive. Sometimes that's the price paid for being an early adopter. Luckily they'll all be under warranty and replaceable, and I'm sure BB is aware of the issue and has fixed it for future production runs. Growing pains of a new form factor. Super annoying but not the end of the world.
    10-22-14 11:49 PM
    Wow, OK, I just checked this out in more detail. It is no wonder at all that it is separating. They are using the 3M tape adhesive to affix the glass slab to the frame. That adhesive is atrociously bad, especially if not applied 100% correctly and especially in applications where a tight lasting seal is needed between two materials that are both exposed to stress.

Just an FYI for those that are wondering, I know how to fix phones, and have fixed many of my own over time. I'm tempted to fix this guy as well, but I fear that no aftermarket solution, short of high quality rubber cement or similar will actually work. I may try heating the adhesive briefly and seeing if that will fix the adherence before I fight to return the device.
    10-23-14 12:24 AM
    Wow, OK, I just checked this out in more detail. It is no wonder at all that it is separating. They are using the 3M tape adhesive to affix the glass slab to the frame. That adhesive is atrociously bad, especially if not applied 100% correctly and especially in applications where a tight lasting seal is needed between two materials that are both exposed to stress.

Just an FYI for those that are wondering, I know how to fix phones, and have fixed many of my own over time. I'm tempted to fix this guy as well, but I fear that no aftermarket solution, short of high quality rubber cement or similar will actually work. I may try heating the adhesive briefly and seeing if that will fix the adherence before I fight to return the device.
    I had a fear that BB was no longer using screws and went to glue. Hopefully they'll get this fixed up.
    10-23-14 12:38 AM
    I had a fear that BB was no longer using screws and went to glue. Hopefully they'll get this fixed up.
    It's not even proper glue. It's double sided tape. I use that stuff to fix iPod Nanos and half the time it does not work. Anyway, I've heated the adhesive, applied pressure on it until it cooled off. For now the gap is gone, but I won't know until later tomorrow if it really worked. I'm hopeful, but not expecting any miracles. Usually once the adhesive starts to go, it's gone.
    10-23-14 12:50 AM
    Thats sad
    An no I'm affraid to buy my a new one...got a lot of problems with the early Q10 last lear.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 01:42 AM
    And my final update for the night...the screen started to lift again, as expected.

I reached out to BlackBerry for the warranty claim. Since the device was purchased from Telus, they are refusing to deal with me and are redirecting me to deal with Telus. The device however is not with Telus as it was purchased outright, unlocked, and is being used with Bell, so Telus does not want to do anything with it. I also don't want to go through a "repair" because that will take 6-8 weeks at best, and I am certain to get somebody else's broken phone (carriers are notorious for this). Anyway, the rep at BlackBerry offered to chat to Telus on my behalf with me on the line, but I don't see how that will make any difference.

Seriously though, is BlackBerry the only manufacturer in the world that always wants you to go through your point of sale for any warranty? Sure the phone came from Telus, however, it's made by BlackBerry. Why the hell does Telus have anything to do with it. They gave their "15 days to return". That's up, so now it's supposed to be BlackBerry's turn. Honestly, if they don't take care of this crap for me ASAP and make me run through hoops along the way, I am so done with this company.

"Customer service? O_o What's that? What, you mean we make the Passport and should warranty it? For real?!"
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-23-14 01:43 AM
    Yeah, it's the exact runaround I'm getting. I don't know what kind of company does not replace devices. Idiots. Anyway, I'll push them tonight. I want to wrap up some shopping and then pics here and then to hassle DR.

Posted via CB10
    The advise given to the other person is to call BB instead of DR. He did and got resolve immediately.
    I think you will get better results if you call BB directly. I am also curious what's the relationship between BB and DR.
    10-23-14 01:46 AM
    I'm glad it's not happening to me then, being thousands of miles away

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-23-14 01:49 AM
    I was thinking of buying but I think I will wait to see how the new OS is with my Z30.
    10-23-14 03:12 AM
    Really? This Sucks guys. Sorry for those who had it happen. My Q10 is a beast. The flagship phone should be better

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 05:03 AM
    It's not even proper glue. It's double sided tape. I use that stuff to fix iPod Nanos and half the time it does not work. Anyway, I've heated the adhesive, applied pressure on it until it cooled off. For now the gap is gone, but I won't know until later tomorrow if it really worked. I'm hopeful, but not expecting any miracles. Usually once the adhesive starts to go, it's gone.
    Double sided tape can be as strong as screws, in fact stronger. I use a tape from 3M called VHB (Very High Bond). Stick this anything, apply a little pressure and you will never get it apart again. And it gets stronger 48 hours after it is applied. Can't say that is what they used, but I just wanted to say that two sided tape isn't all bad.

Evindzer and geekaren like this.
    10-23-14 05:30 AM
    Here's the pic of this device...I don't think I need to zoom and crop. The separating of the screen from the frame is pretty visible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6651.jpg 
Views:	4441 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	308645

And here is the other Passport. Look at the LED, just above it, and notice how it shines through the frame. Photo makes it look a lot better actually. In addition to it shining through, there is no seal on the screen there. Also, the lower left and right corner on this device flex, and they too will likely come loose. Finally, this one also has a letter "A" that sticks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6652.jpg 
Views:	4344 
Size:	362.2 KB 
ID:	308646
    I noticed you have quite a few air bubbles on your screen .....have you been trying to get them out and pressing really hard on the screen??? Yesterday after I screwed up my install of the screen protector I asked a telus guy to do it and he really was pressing hard ,I had concerns but my screen is OK so far.Tell the truth!!!LOL
    10-23-14 05:35 AM
424 1234 ...