I am fed up with my passport! After bendgate, cameragate, rebootgate, anrdoidgate now this!

Woke up this morning and suddenly see my passport changed to pure evil!
    Attached Thumbnails My Passport is pure EVIL!-megatron_small.jpg  
    01-31-15 07:35 AM
    Maybe the passports is actually soundwave transformed
    01-31-15 07:40 AM
    Or Laserbeak :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:06 AM
    Megatron! My favorite transformer.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 09:04 AM
    I am fed up with my passport! After bendgate, cameragate, rebootgate, anrdoidgate now this!

Woke up this morning and suddenly see my passport changed to pure evil!
    Nice to see another Masters Collection fan. I have Optimus Prime MP1 and Skywarp MP06. Did you have any issues with Megatron rusting?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 11:19 AM
    hahah good one.
    I would be scared to sleep next to it.
    01-31-15 12:02 PM
    My Passport is pure EVIL!-img_20150131_130858.jpg

it's on!

Z10
    chang69 and Peter Johnson4 like this.
    01-31-15 12:09 PM
    Nice post! I am a TF collector too and I love the Masterpiece line. Megatron is my least favourite because I don't like the robot mode. Great alternate gun mode though. Mine unfortunately does suffer from 'cosmic rust'. Here's a pic of some of the other Masterpieces I have in my collection.

My Passport is pure EVIL!-img_20150131_102309.jpg

Posted via CB10
    skibnik and chang69 like this.
    01-31-15 12:26 PM
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 01:14 PM
    Nice post! I am a TF collector too and I love the Masterpiece line. Megatron is my least favourite because I don't like the robot mode. Great alternate gun mode though. Mine unfortunately does suffer from 'cosmic rust'. Here's a pic of some of the other Masterpieces I have in my collection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150131_102309.jpg 
Views:	3293 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	330955

Posted via CB10
    Cool collection. :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 05:30 PM
    Nice to see another Masters Collection fan. I have Optimus Prime MP1 and Skywarp MP06. Did you have any issues with Megatron rusting?

Posted via CB10
    Not really. It looks fine. I have the Japanese version, not sure if that matters.

I love the master series. I bought mine in Shanghai, they also had Optimus in a gold version for the dragon year. That was really ugly.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 05:32 PM
    Awesome display Benny!

When I was a kid, I bought as many of the original Tranformers G1 toys as I could convince my parents to. I always bought two of each. One to open, and one to leave in the box as a backup, if the other one broke or was stolen/lost. I had all the originals up through the animated movie characters. Blaster, Soundwave, Shockwave, the Dinobots, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, Cup, Optimus, JetFire, Fortress Maximus, Astrotrain, Starscream, Megatron, etc etc etc...

When I was in high school, I cleaned out my room of all my toys/collectibles/video games/comic books... The entirety of my Transformers collection was given to my little cousin. Many of which were still sealed, mint in box. I don't even dare look up what they'd be worth today.
    anon(3750701) and chang69 like this.
    01-31-15 07:56 PM
    Awesome display Benny!

When I was a kid, I bought as many of the original Tranformers G1 toys as I could convince my parents to. I always bought two of each. One to open, and one to leave in the box as a backup, if the other one broke or was stolen/lost. I had all the originals up through the animated movie characters. Blaster, Soundwave, Shockwave, the Dinobots, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, Cup, Optimus, JetFire, Fortress Maximus, Astrotrain, Starscream, Megatron, etc etc etc...

When I was in high school, I cleaned out my room of all my toys/collectibles/video games/comic books... The entirety of my Transformers collection was given to my little cousin. Many of which were still sealed, mint in box. I don't even dare look up what they'd be worth today.
    Your cousin is rich! He can buy a lot of gold passports for that. Smart thinking with the double buy.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 04:36 AM
    So great to see some of the original versions!
    02-01-15 10:32 AM

Name:	IMG_20150131_102309.jpg 
Views:	3293 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	330955

Posted via CB10
    Time to hijack this thing...

Question, where did you get your glass cases? I'm a classic video game collector and I've been looking for an all glass case/shelves for a long time. Did you add lights yourself or did it come with it?
    02-01-15 11:34 AM
    Time to hijack this thing...

Question, where did you get your glass cases? I'm a classic video game collector and I've been looking for an all glass case/shelves for a long time. Did you add lights yourself or did it come with it?
    They are Detolf glass cases from Ikea. I have 4 of them. They are a popular shelving solution for collectors of all kinds. The lights are Dioder strips also sold at Ikea (separately). Because these are glass panels all around, the challenge is finding a way to hide all the cables. In my setup, I have the light strips zipped tied to the side metal frame and I also zip tie the cables all the way down the back of the metal frame. I alternate each side for the lights so at max, I only have to zip tie 2 cables at most against the back metal frame. At the bottom is a mess of cables so I hide them under some copco spice racks (from Bed, Bath & Beyond). The lighting isn't super bright but it does deliver an extra punch and I love it. The design was all borrowed from this great tutorial: Customizing a Glass Display Case by AesSedai - Articles - DakkaDakka

Here's a pic of the other 2 detolf cabinets. These contain the original or reissued G1 toy versions of every character that appeared in the original cartoon from the years 1984-86.
    My Passport is pure EVIL!-img_20150201_105932.jpg

I'd love to display some of my retro gaming stuff but I have no space at the moment.
    chang69 and Monsterlad like this.
    02-01-15 01:23 PM
    You must have bought your Passport on halloween night in a town called "Transylvania"..
    BerryRipe likes this.
    02-01-15 02:00 PM
    They are Detolf glass cases from Ikea. I have 4 of them. They are a popular shelving solution for collectors of all kinds. The lights are Dioder strips also sold at Ikea (separately). Because these are glass panels all around, the challenge is finding a way to hide all the cables. In my setup, I have the light strips zipped tied to the side metal frame and I also zip tie the cables all the way down the back of the metal frame. I alternate each side for the lights so at max, I only have to zip tie 2 cables at most against the back metal frame. At the bottom is a mess of cables so I hide them under some copco spice racks (from Bed, Bath & Beyond). The lighting isn't super bright but it does deliver an extra punch and I love it. The design was all borrowed from this great tutorial: Customizing a Glass Display Case by AesSedai - Articles - DakkaDakka

Here's a pic of the other 2 detolf cabinets. These contain the original or reissued G1 toy versions of every character that appeared in the original cartoon from the years 1984-86.

Name:	IMG_20150201_105932.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	282.0 KB 
ID:	331191

I'd love to display some of my retro gaming stuff but I have no space at the moment.
    I've been looking for good display cases for a while now. Thanks so much for this info!
    anon(3750701) likes this.
    02-01-15 02:39 PM

Name:	IMG_20150201_105932.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	282.0 KB 
ID:	331191

Thank you for sharing this. My next project is coming up. :-)

Posted via CB10
    anon(3750701) likes this.
    02-01-15 05:37 PM
    why did i have to go and look in this thread? Now I want one of those cases for my toys
    02-01-15 10:48 PM