By choice, I had kept my phone on 10.3.2 (dot something) because of all the issues I read about 10.3.3.. Everything was fine until I changed the language to French because I am currently learning the language.
    The "you have na new update" message popped up and I must have accidentally agreed to the update for 10.3.3.1435.
    Since then my phone has kept on losing carrier signal. It got to a point where I had to transfer my sim to an old Nokia phone because I couldn't communicate properly via SMS and calls.
    Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

PS: my carrier isn't the issue as well as my location. Also, Wi-Fi works fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 03:20 AM
    You're not alone. Several threads here as well regarding Passport's signal/network issues. Worst case scenario, you'll need to replace your phone.
    05-25-17 03:37 AM
    You're not alone. Several threads here as well regarding Passport's signal/network issues. Worst case scenario, you'll need to replace your phone.
    Such a disappointment. But I'm thinking, maybe I could downgrade to an older OS to have it working again?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 03:47 AM
    You mean going back to 10.3.2? Not possible. You'll need to wait for the next maintenance update (10.3.4), if it comes at all.
    05-25-17 05:55 AM
    Hello, are you sure that the it is the update that caused the issue? I am at 10.3.2 and I'm worried about upgrading to 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 09:29 AM
    I don't think it has to do with 10.3.3. A lot of Passport's have been known to have this network connectivity issue. The general consensus is that it is a hardware issue and BlackBerry has not provided a fix. It happened to me and I bought another Passport.

I hope it's not the issue with you, though. Good luck on finding a fix.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 10:24 AM
    Hello, are you sure that the it is the update that caused the issue? I am at 10.3.2 and I'm worried about upgrading to 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    I'm staying on 10.3.2. The update seems to have more problems than benefits.
    05-25-17 11:22 AM
    Mine was completely fine before I updated it to 10.3.3.. That's why I'm associating the signal loss issue to the update..

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 06:34 PM
    This particular issue seems to have gotten too much traction for my liking to be honest.

I have a SE Passport with the latest update from ShopBlackberry.com and my device runs great. I do have a Wind locked Classic and Q10 that haven't been updated but I don't really use them at the moment.

Has anybody actually reached out to BlackBerry directly either via Twitter or their support page online to discuss this issue? It seems brutal to have an update and than have people's phones stop working with the network. I understand in tech how little issues pop up with apps and battery performance etc but having devices less than a year old, while still part of the warranty period, go kaput? That's awful. Good luck to those affected but let's go onto the case and have BlackBerry response officially.

https://ca.blackberry.com/company/about-us/contact

I went through the process at the support link here https://us.blackberry.com/support/contact and included my device information. I got back a confirmation that my device is still under warranty and thus is covered by BlackBerry Tech support. If any of you are having this issue and have their devices under warranty, contact BlackBerry and see.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 07:07 PM
    Had something similar happen but long after the update. Spent countless hours researching and still check PP forums once in a while in the hope that a fix is ever found but alas, I downgraded to a PRIV and now my days are filled with sorrow
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    05-26-17 07:55 PM
    This particular issue seems to have gotten too much traction for my liking to be honest.

I have a SE Passport with the latest update from ShopBlackberry.com and my device runs great. I do have a Wind locked Classic and Q10 that haven't been updated but I don't really use them at the moment.

Has anybody actually reached out to BlackBerry directly either via Twitter or their support page online to discuss this issue? It seems brutal to have an update and than have people's phones stop working with the network. I understand in tech how little issues pop up with apps and battery performance etc but having devices less than a year old, while still part of the warranty period, go kaput? That's awful. Good luck to those affected but let's go onto the case and have BlackBerry response officially.

https://ca.blackberry.com/company/about-us/contact

I went through the process at the support link here https://us.blackberry.com/support/contact and included my device information. I got back a confirmation that my device is still under warranty and thus is covered by BlackBerry Tech support. If any of you are having this issue and have their devices under warranty, contact BlackBerry and see.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    I have a Passport SE running the latest OS and am on the WIND (freedom mobile) network. Everything works fine for me (NOW!).
    When I did the OTA OS upgrade I suffered through a bunch of problems with my GPS not working properly. I used an autoloader a few weeks ago and now my PPSE works better than ever
    Perhaps you should try an Autoloader and see if that helps before you give up on the Passport

Sent from my 10 Passort SE
    05-26-17 08:15 PM
    Had something similar happen but long after the update. Spent countless hours researching and still check PP forums once in a while in the hope that a fix is ever found but alas, I downgraded to a PRIV and now my days are filled with sorrow
    Let me see if I got this right... You have a feature on the Priv that's working, which was broken (with no solution in sight) on the Passport, and you count it as a downgrade?

Lol.
    05-26-17 11:22 PM
    I have the same issue, I am on 10.3.2 (Belgium) , used autoloader to 10.3.3 also but the problem persists.
    The issue is with not with hardware , but with software in my opinion.
    Did an autload using 10.3.3 & the network worked fine.
    The moment I loaded my back up the problem is back.
    Did an autoload to 10.3.2. & network worked fine.
    Again after loading the back up the problem persists.
    Going to auto load 10.3.3 & manually add the contacts & download the apps again.
    Hope this solves the issue.
    Though as a back up have ordered the antenna just incase I am wrong.
    05-27-17 07:42 AM
    I have the same issue, I am on 10.3.2 (Belgium) , used autoloader to 10.3.3 also but the problem persists.
    The issue is with not with hardware , but with software in my opinion.
    Did an autload using 10.3.3 & the network worked fine.
    The moment I loaded my back up the problem is back.
    Did an autoload to 10.3.2. & network worked fine.
    Again after loading the back up the problem persists.
    Going to auto load 10.3.3 & manually add the contacts & download the apps again.
    Hope this solves the issue.
    Though as a back up have ordered the antenna just incase I am wrong.
    05-27-17 07:42 AM
    After two months of living with it I finally bought another Passport and it works great, on 10.3.3 so definitely a hardware issue in my case. This PP is also not getting as hot as that one did. The day it started acting up I was on my way to work, talking to a supervisor at a property I had never been to and it cut out in the middle of the call, I was in SOS hell from that point on. Worst part about it was that it would lie to me, say I had full bars 4GLTE, but as soon as I would try to dial out or use anything involving data it would automatically drop back to SOS. Had to rely on WiFi signals at the properties I was working at. Glad to not have that problem now. So yeah, most likely hardware issue from constant overheating, I had my first one for 2 years and it would get really hot all the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 08:57 PM
    After two months of living with it I finally bought another Passport and it works great, on 10.3.3 so definitely a hardware issue in my case. This PP is also not getting as hot as that one did. The day it started acting up I was on my way to work, talking to a supervisor at a property I had never been to and it cut out in the middle of the call, I was in SOS hell from that point on. Worst part about it was that it would lie to me, say I had full bars 4GLTE, but as soon as I would try to dial out or use anything involving data it would automatically drop back to SOS. Had to rely on WiFi signals at the properties I was working at. Glad to not have that problem now. So yeah, most likely hardware issue from constant overheating, I had my first one for 2 years and it would get really hot all the time.

Posted via CB10
    I just gotta say your Profile name is awesome. LOL...

Posted via CB10
    ThaSwapMeetPimp likes this.
    05-27-17 09:11 PM
    To those who have upgraded to 10.3.3 and found no issues, that's good to hear... On the other hand, I have tried multiple restarts, on/off mobile network, and on/off airplane mode to no avail. I noticed that the signal dropped mostly whenever I was sending a text, about to receive a text, calling someone, or about to receive a call. So I tried security wipe, which failed and lead to the bberror 0021 and 0015 message... So I reloaded the OS via Link and still the issue persists.
    Someone advised me to try and load a working radio, but I don't know how to do that - and if it's even worth it at this point.
    05-27-17 10:00 PM
    Is there any announcement regarding software upgrade? My passport cant connect to wifi. Does it have to do with the 10.3.3?
    05-27-17 10:56 PM
    Just started having severe network issues on my AT&T passport. Every once in a while it is able to connect to the Internet via the carrier signal but generally it is unable to connect at all. I was running latest OS for months so it seems most likely hardware but I guess possible that ATT changed something.

Going back to an original Passport it sure feels cramped compared to the ATT. (My Sim card works just fine with my extra original passport so I know it was not that. Have not updated the original Passport yet.)

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 03:06 AM
    I'm PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205 and not had issues just a litte bit drain battery

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 06:59 AM
    I use to have network issue when my phone is using an Android App (Google Maps for example).
    When I'm using this app, my phone is getting really hot and I'm loosing all the network when my phone is "burning".
    I do not use any other Android app but for me it seems to be related to this

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 07:28 AM
    I use to have network issue when my phone is using an Android App (Google Maps for example).
    When I'm using this app, my phone is getting really hot and I'm loosing all the network when my phone is "burning".
    I do not use any other Android app but for me it seems to be related to this

Posted via CB10
    Interesting because my phone was running hot. Will experiment by closing android apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 03:01 PM
    Interesting because my phone was running hot. Will experiment by closing android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Me too lol

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 05:45 PM
    05-29-17 03:25 AM
    Use an autoloader, and reload CLEAN. Fixed it for me, also fixed it for my BlackBerry Classic too. My passport is shop blackberry purchased, so I used the autoloader files to keep my classic up to date, so no issues.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    05-29-17 04:09 AM
33 12