I'm finding that 'Docs to Go' is only a passable at best office package, and I think that the lack of a good office package on BlackBerry World is holding back the passport.

I wonder why BlackBerry or RIM did not design a decent package for the 10 OS. In particular I'd like to use a decent office package that would be available through BlackBerry World, be designed for the 10 OS and would allow me to use swipe for text.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 02:53 AM
    same here, I have kingsoft android to fill the gap.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-02-15 05:08 AM
    Is there any way to work with MS. Office as a last resort?
    10-02-15 07:35 PM
    MS Office mobile works very well from Google Play.

The newer app suite requires Kit Kat unfortunately.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-02-15 07:43 PM
    Agreed, Docs To Go even lost some features from the BBOS version. The real killer for me is not being able to see footnotes because I have a lot of such documents.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    10-02-15 09:09 PM
    Totally agree, Docs To Go is at best very simple basic text editor.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:11 PM
    I would greatly appreciate it if I could save documents in docx format as well and not only doc. I think this should be a basic feature of a text editor. So I had to buy a third party app.

Despite of that I like docs to go. I'm only using it to write texts so you are probably using in a more specialized way. As my Passport just broke, I switched to my android and discovered there were footnotes in documents.
    Regards

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
    10-03-15 01:54 AM
    I would greatly appreciate it if I could save documents in docx format as well and not only doc. I think this should be a basic feature of a text editor. So I had to buy a third party app.
    Interestingly if you edit a docx, it will save it as a docx, so maybe a solution would be to save a docx to your documents folder and edit that one when you need to create a new docx document.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 08:25 AM
    I use office suite on my Classic. Got it for free on Amazon appstore. It lags sometimes but I blame my Classic for that, I'm sure if it were to run on a Passport, it'll be flawless.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    10-03-15 09:31 AM
    I have never needed more than docs to do, but I mostly just view files.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:14 PM
    BlackBerry should improve the native 'Docs to Go' app to the point that they are real productive...

Priv would be usable than Passport on that case...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 02:48 PM
    Had never heard of Office Suite. Dowloading now. It's a beast of a download at 40mb.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:06 PM
    Download Polaris Office from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 08:11 PM
    Had never heard of Office Suite. Dowloading now. It's a beast of a download at 40mb.

Posted via CB10
    Let us know how well it works.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use Doc To Go for simple documents, but for full compatibility and extensive features, OfficeSuite Pro (Android) is the way to go. You can also load the font packs.

Q10  The Other Crackberry Pirate  Z30 | via CB10
    torco3 likes this.
    10-03-15 11:21 PM
    Interestingly if you edit a docx, it will save it as a docx, so maybe a solution would be to save a docx to your documents folder and edit that one when you need to create a new docx document.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I know. I wrote six chapters on my other phone and converted them on the PC to docx. But when I created the following ones on my Passport they were saved as doc files. When switching to my N4 the doc files wouldn't open, but by now I think that an error occurred while transferring them.
    However, I hoped to be independent from our PC and that was difficult. Even though I could have just used my BB File Converter to convert the files before transferring them. If only I knew.
    Regards

P.S. I still think they could implement it. Somehow a business phone should be able to do this

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
    10-04-15 03:32 AM
    Have any of you used these two office apps, I noticed that docs2go is basically a advanced text editor at best and I was looking for more full featured office app for school. Let me know if you have any other suggestions as well guys thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 09:45 AM
    I do have to ask, how did Blackberry wind up shortchanging their own platform? It just adds to the list of questionable things that BlackBerry has done that assures it's failure to lift off.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 10:36 AM
    I've had a day to play with it and needed to crank out some invoices for last month and it was a breeze to set it up and have it connect with my Google drive. Copied the previous months invoice, changed some dates around, added a couple of hours here and there, and submitted. No computer needed.

The docs 2 go is good for this kinda stuff, but this office suite made it so much easier to use and connect to multiple online accounts. I ended up purchasing it.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 12:59 PM
    Which office Suite would you recommend for editing .docx documents? I don't want to use Cloud Services and I don't mind paying for good apps.

It's a shame that there is no good native app for blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 01:25 PM
    Which office Suite would you recommend for editing .docx documents? I don't want to use Cloud Services and I don't mind paying for good apps.

It's a shame that there is no good native app for blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    Office Suite 8, TextMaker
    All android apps how about that for the app gap.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to decide my passport
    10-04-15 01:37 PM
    WPS Office is good and free.
    10-04-15 01:44 PM
    WPS Office is good and free.
    Hate it.

10-04-15 04:21 PM
    I like WPS Office too and the Passport's trackpad works for some things. I still can't believe this one is free when I paid $15 for some and were horrible. Best thing to do is try them all till you find one your happy with. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 05:46 PM
    I like WPS Office too and the Passport's trackpad works for some things. I still can't believe this one is free when I paid $15 for some and were horrible. Best thing to do is try them all till you find one your happy with. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    What I don't like about WPS Office is that there is no settings
    also I don't like interface.

10-04-15 07:04 PM
28 12