10-31-14 03:04 PM
36 12
tools
    Owning a Passport right now almost requires that you are a BlackBerry rep.

Between curious, or confrontational coworkers... I've had to demonstrate the Passport over a dozen times at least in the last few weeks.

- Many are skeptical, primarily for phone use - too wide they claim! Computer first, Phone second I tell them! If they can't handle a big phone, maybe they should stick to the little ones
    - Others have heard about it and really want to hold it and try it out
    - I demonstrate the keyboard capabilities: Cursor control, Scrolling through lists in portrait, Scrolling through a long article in Reader mode in Landscape orientation, Performing flick typing, Erasing words with swipe gestures, etc
    - In the office I have also demonstrated Blend

Many walk away impressed. Others (typically Apple folk) I have to ask them and their NARROW minds to walk away with their NARROW-A** phones!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:07 PM
    I was in Starbucks on Thursday and had my passport sitting on the table next to my coffee.

I had a couple of folks come up and ask me if that was a passport and all where amazed at how well the device was built and how nice the screen was.

I then proceeded to do a demo of the software and there where a couple of iPhone users who's jaws hit the floor after the 20 minute demo I put on and where genuinely interested in the device.

All that was great, but without product advertising or promotion here in the USA, I still keep hearing folks tell me, Blackberry!!!! I thought they where out of business and that's NOT the type of promotion I had in mind.
    BlackBerry sponsors the Mercedes F1 team, but F1 is not big in the USA. Only die hard F1 fans would kmow this.
    10-25-14 09:27 PM
    How nice is to see people reacting to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:31 PM
    I was at a CEO meeting with my BlackBerry sitting beside me on 'the table when one CEO noticed it and said "I thought Blackberry was out of business". I replied that it very much alive and this is their newest phone. I then proceeded to demonstrate the Hub, precision cursor movement, word flick, cut and paste and the overall speed of the phone.
    All six CEO's took turns holding the phone and two of them said they missed their Blackberry keyboards. All were impressed with the phone and if nothing else they all know that BlackBerry is not only alive, but just released one of the most innovative and capable phones on the market .

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails My Passport getting noticed left and right-facebook-20141025-174629.png  
    10-25-14 09:48 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It's clear that there is a lot of people eager to get back to a keyboard phone.. Passport and Classic will be the catalyst... once they see firsthand how amazing these new Blackberry phones are...

It's also key that a major US telco (AT&T) launch these BlackBerry phones and promote them.

Only then will perception slowly change from "oh, I thought blackberry was dead" into reality...especially the in the USA.

Grassroots through word of mouth is a good start and finally BlackBerry Passport owners have something truly innovative and Awesome to talk about!!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:07 PM
    Yes it is getting noticed left and right...but I want to know about the center....
    10-26-14 01:02 AM
    today i went out with a bunch of professional friends (CPA, CAs, engineers, actuaries) for dinner and they were all interested in the phone. I was again hard selling BlackBerry. one of them even had the new iphone 6. i dared her to bend my passport only if she let me do the same to her 6, lol. The girls almost bought into it but one thing that concerned them was one hand use. if it was one letter narrower, then she would have bought it. I said maybe the Passport 2 will fix that problem next year. she is an iphone user and has problems with her phone after 1 year of usage.
    Last edited by dracolnyte; 10-26-14 at 03:01 AM.
    10-26-14 02:31 AM
    Your right that the passport is attractive to people. Yesterday my wife spend time with daughter and I go in to the city with my son. We eating fish and some siropwafels and people notice my phone.

In a coffee house we take some rest and I was playing with my phone. A mother and daughter both had iphone and I notice see was starring. We get our coffee and I look into her eyes when I put away my phone. She said is that a blackberry . She told me she saw the logo. She really likes the design and rvs line around, but she also finds it huge. I told her that it's one cm wider and much shorter than the iphone 6. .

I asked her if she wanted to try so she settle her self next to me. She tested and asked suddenly, where is the home button. I show her to swipe and told her about the active frames and hub. She tried it and also show her the shortcut under. She loved it and she was thinking blackberry was outdated but this was new. She was thinking to buy the 6. She now was thinking to check out more the passport and the z30 because I told here.

After I finished coffee and my son his applejuice and cake. We moved and she smiled and said that she will check the phone. My little men saying she was pretty.

In the bus back a student behind me start looking too me what I was doing with my phone and almost at my stop. I stood up and she asked me the same question seeing my back of the phone. Is there that a blackberry and I said that it was the blackberry passport and told her too looked it up online. When the bus moved she get het android phone in the hand. Maybe she was all ready searching

The phone is indeed asking attention.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:05 AM
    today i went out with a bunch of professional friends (CPA, CAs, engineers, actuaries) for dinner and they were all interested in the phone. I was again hard selling BlackBerry. one of them even had the new iphone 6. i dared her to bend my passport only if she let me do the same to her 6, lol. The girls almost bought into it but one thing that concerned them was one hand use. if it was one letter narrower, then she would have bought it. I said maybe the Passport 2 will fix that problem next year. she is an iphone user and has problems with her phone after 1 year of usage.
    You have friends who are actuaries, engineers and CPA's. Quite a wild and crazy crowd there.....lol.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-27-14 11:54 PM
    I was at a CEO meeting with my BlackBerry sitting beside me on 'the table when one CEO noticed it and said "I thought Blackberry was out of business". I replied that it very much alive and this is their newest phone. I then proceeded to demonstrate the Hub, precision cursor movement, word flick, cut and paste and the overall speed of the phone.
    All six CEO's took turns holding the phone and two of them said they missed their Blackberry keyboards. All were impressed with the phone and if nothing else they all know that BlackBerry is not only alive, but just released one of the most innovative and capable phones on the market .

Posted via CB10
    "Save the wave"
    10-31-14 02:36 PM
    Could you imagine a Passport 2 that has been slimmed by just enough to appease some people? I hope this is considered a success and they keep getting to explore this kind of device.
    10-31-14 03:04 PM
36 12