It was always the ladies that notice and said something first. Then they would ask their bf/husbands what it is. Today at dinner while waiting for a table, this girl with a samsung noticed my phone and asked her bf what it is. He said it is the latest BlackBerry Passport. Yesterday on the train, a lady asked her husband (they were both iphone users) what my phone was and he told her it was the Passport and it is pretty neat. I looked up and nodded to them while the iphone 6 user next to me goes unnoticed playing his castle clash. My gf said she noticed other people looking over at my phone as well.

Over the past week of owning this phone, I feel like a celebrity doing a pretty darn good job of marketing this phone

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:55 PM
    A star you are!! A star you shall remain, all due to the passport.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    10-24-14 10:59 PM
    I know the feeling. Only owned it 4 days and heads are turning

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.0.908/STA 100-3 10.3.1.938
    10-24-14 11:03 PM
    That's awesome... I hope sprint picks it up (which I doubt) so that I can get one!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:03 PM
    Yeah noticed the ladies are more often saying something but the guys just look, I let the ones that notice hold it and it's funny the way they receive it like they are totally afraid of dropping it

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-24-14 11:04 PM
    i don't have a passport (actually i am selling one, long history) but today i was in my seat on a flight (business trip)... i am sporting my Z30, window... girl next to me minding her own business (iphone), but the guy in the aisle was also using an iphone with the external keyboard (forgot the name)... his wife was in the front row and they were passing the phone back and forward... the woman in a point said: i don't know how you can type in here, i can't, the keys are too small (complaining)... the guy said: well i'm sorry, but i can't type in that screen... the girl next to me nodded like in agreement with the man... i had my Z30 laying on the tray table, the guy saw it but didn't say a word... and i was just imaging how dreamy would have been to instead of my Z30 (in his eyes, more of the same) a passport is nicely there... i am sure the guy would have said something... oh well, some other time...
    10-24-14 11:34 PM
    I have mine out occasionally when walking through public spaces. At first nobody noticed, now people are stopping me to ask about it

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:47 PM
    Well, I was at an IEEE conference in San Diego this week.
    I did my powerpoint presentation from my passport and intentionally used the home screen first, navigated through my directories using my file manager to open my powerpoint presentation and during the presentation I zoomed into my slides to show a detail of a nice 14nm MOSFET crossection.
    The whole room saw it was a blackberry and were impressed.
    One US engineer with an iPhone was keen on it and said they would get it at work soon.
    On the 5-hour flight to and from Toronto, I continuously edited papers and a thesis while listening to music.
    �n the airport lounge both in TORONTO and in San Diego I saw a couple of other Passports.
    Iphone users around me were all quiet while they turned off their phones to save battery power...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:51 PM
    yesterday night, my dad asked me to create a quotation document for his business. i used to do it on my laptop or desktop but not anymore with my passport. pound away at the keyboard and emailed it to him at the dinner table right next to him lol.
    10-25-14 12:19 AM
    Omg, I know how you feel. Everyone just wants to play with my phone. This phone is strange and odd looking that everywhere I go strangers are staring at it with curiosity.
    10-25-14 12:24 AM
    Keep going out and spreading the word!!

Posted via CB10
    thedose and RSS Van like this.
    10-25-14 01:16 AM
    These threads remind me of my old Z10. People were always curious and wanted to see but that was it. Then it was out of sight, out of mind. People were exposed to the new popular phones all the time so when my BlackBerry which had basically zero commercial time and there were so few people with them, it was a time to check it out. After that though, they didn't care. For BlackBerry's sake, hopefully this time is different.
    10-25-14 03:18 AM
    Keep going out and spreading the word!!

Posted via CB10
    I find myself doing just that! I've jokingly told friends I should get some kind of commission from BlackBerry because I really do try to sell every curious stranger on the Passport and pretty sure I've succeeded a few times! People are intrigued to begin with but once I start showing them some of the features of the phone/OS they're really impressed and they always seem to look down at their new iPhone or Samsung and seem bored with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:42 AM
    It definitely turns heads. But I also think that it is intimidating to people. They are afraid to ask to look at it.

Few days ago I was at a restaurant and had it on the table, and all the service staff were looking at it as they passed by,multiple times too. No one asked to see it, but the look they give is priceless!

I too have noticed women looking at it more than men. Then again, maybe I'm just checking out the women more :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:32 AM
    Many people even don't ask for they are looking on it with wide open eyes, they are extremely surprised!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-25-14 12:01 PM
    Is it why you bought it

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:03 PM
    The point is most people that are curious are women few of them would really buy it because of the size

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:06 PM
    I would love to spot one, haven't seen one yet.
    10-25-14 12:10 PM
    It's funny because I've had a lot of lookyloos!! I'm a pierced and tattooed artist type so people don't really approach BUT I've had people stare while commuting on the subway!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-25-14 02:44 PM
    I teach in a jr/sr high school and my students think it is cool. "It's so big!" "Does it fit in your pocket?" "That's awesome! What is it?" "A Blackberry? Really?"

Time will tell if any of them show up at school with one...
    10-25-14 02:50 PM
    Did someone try comparing note 4? 554ppi

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:20 PM
    I was in Starbucks on Thursday and had my passport sitting on the table next to my coffee.

I had a couple of folks come up and ask me if that was a passport and all where amazed at how well the device was built and how nice the screen was.

I then proceeded to do a demo of the software and there where a couple of iPhone users who's jaws hit the floor after the 20 minute demo I put on and where genuinely interested in the device.

All that was great, but without product advertising or promotion here in the USA, I still keep hearing folks tell me, Blackberry!!!! I thought they where out of business and that's NOT the type of promotion I had in mind.
    10-25-14 03:57 PM
    I haven't gotten to the point where strangers come to me talking about my phone yet, I did notice people looking at my phone and then move away their gaze pretending it didn?t happen.

A couple of my friends and colleague did notice my phone and asked about it briefly.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-25-14 05:27 PM
    I haven't been out in the wild that long with it but did go to the AT&T store to get the nano sim card. The guy that helped me thought it was cool and wondered why they weren't selling it.
    10-25-14 05:35 PM
    I just got my first "Wow, what is that?" from a server at a restaurant. Still in the restaurant, actually. He seemed genuinely disappointed that it wasn't compatible with Verizon.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    10-25-14 06:55 PM
36 12