Five months ago my Passport accidentally sat underneath my 6 cylinders Venza front wheel, had lightly damage to the screen and was working fine, for the last few weeks I Can't wipe to wake up but using the U button to wake if up and wipe to get signed in. Last night it no longer perform the same function any more, I know if sad, but for one thing I know the OS still working as I still be able to hard reset (no screen display though) and boost in the OS, I still able to call in my phone and it ring until I hung up.

I have no doubt about the quality of my Passport and can only blame myself, I am thinking about buying a new shim for my back up Z30 for now until I decided buying a replacement Passport.

My question is, is there any thing else I can try that might help? I did try to pull the shim out of the device and reinsert and it did notify every time but not help, I know the screen probably, sure had a permanent damage as I kept dropping it.

I had not doing anything back up for a while, what can I do to help getting my contacts and such ? Thanks for any input, have a great day.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 10:23 AM
    Plug into a PC and see if you can do a back up on Link.
    07-31-16 10:41 AM
    Thanks, I'll try it out. Have a great day.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 11:01 AM
    It sounds like your digitizer may have gone to digitizer heaven, hence visible screen output but no touch input. You should get a replacement screen/digitizer assembly and replace it yourself or take it to a mobile repair shop for them to do it. It's at least worth a shot, and if that doesn't work, you can call it a day knowing you tried your best.

Try RoseBud's suggestion first, of course.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 02:19 PM
    When I did the hard reset, it reboost but can't see the boost display process, but I knew the screen is lit (but no display) and once it boosted, i also heard the notification of a block-it app ran in the back ground, phone calls still coming in as normal, the keyboard will lit normal if I tried to wake it up with the power button. Thanks, how do I get more information on the digitizer that you mentioned above?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 06:07 PM
    Open it up and check the connectors between the screen and the mainboard first. It's a kind of snap-in connectors. If the part on the mainboard is damage, there's no point replacing the display.

Posted from my Passport
    07-31-16 07:30 PM