Ok...so I got my white passport yesterday, and I've been playing with it since I got it. The camera is malfunctioning MAJORLY...when I go to take a picture it will snap the pic, but I can't view the pic. Normally when you take a pic, it will automatically show up in the bottom left corner so that you can tap on it and view it but mine snapped pics don't show up here or anywhere. I can't even get to them when I go to my picture gallery, it's like they were never taken. Some people have suggested shutting off all the settings to see if that helps, but it doesn't. I also have rebooted several times and performed a security wipe on the device and started all over- still no luck. I am also having trouble with the camera freezing, after I've snapped the missing picture, none of the camera buttons work on screen. I have to close out of the camera app completely and go back into it.

Does anyone have these camera issues?

Other issues I'm experiencing:
    I cannot download anything from the Blackberry World. I get an error every single time I try that says "an error has occurred, please try again later". I have tried to download various apps and it is happening with everything.

When I try to "add music" to the alarm clock to change the sound it freezes and I can't change it.

So far these are the only issues I've found...and I'm hoping they are the only ones and have fixes. I really want to love this device. I can tell already that I am going to love the keyboard, the trackpad and I think it's beautiful. I don't want to return this phone.

Anyone else experiencing these challenges?
    01-11-15 11:47 AM
    Well, since you just got it, I recommend just doing a security wipe and starting over.

However if you encounter these issues again, then definitely get it exchanged.

Passport on Wind
    01-11-15 11:48 AM
    What OS are you using?

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    01-11-15 11:51 AM
    What OS are you using?

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    I am using the 10.3.0.908 software.
    01-11-15 11:54 AM
    I have never experienced any of those problems. I would try 1 more security wipe. If that doesn't help exchange the device for a new one.

Posted via CB10
    stacymarie1979 likes this.
    01-11-15 12:51 PM
    Sounds like a dud to me, do a security wipe and start from fresh ie do not restore or device switch any data from another phone. See if that solves your issues, if not get it replaced as it's definitely faulty.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 01:41 PM
    I did that. I was coming from an android so I didn't switch from another BlackBerry. Amazon is sending me a replacement. Thanks for the assistance!
    jdesignz likes this.
    01-11-15 01:43 PM
    No problem and glad u got it resolved. Hopefully your new Passport won't give you any issues.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 01:50 PM
    I would have just done a hard reboot first

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-11-15 01:55 PM
    I would have just done a hard reboot first

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    ^^^ this.
    try just: hold volume Up + down for 5 seconds (it will say that screenshot taken) and will restart.

most probably it would solve all issues.
    01-11-15 02:55 PM
    ^^^ this.
    try just: hold volume Up + down for 5 seconds (it will say that screenshot taken) and will restart.

most probably it would solve all issues.
    No luck, but thanks.
    01-11-15 05:40 PM
    since we're working on camera issues. can anyone check theirs if the camera lens is properly centered inside the housing.

the lens on my PP is totally out of center to the bottom right, i can see the inside and housing of the lens.
    01-11-15 05:46 PM
    since we're working on camera issues. can anyone check theirs if the camera lens is properly centered inside the housing.

the lens on my PP is totally out of center to the bottom right, i can see the inside and housing of the lens.
    Mine is slightly off centre too

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    01-11-15 05:50 PM
    Mine is perfectly centered, you might want to get your Passport's replaced or fixed.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:58 PM

Mine's perfectly centered here, Rogers launch day device

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-11-15 06:02 PM
    Mine is perfectly centered, you might want to get your Passport's replaced or fixed.

Posted via CB10

I will. As i posted in another thread returning it due the fact that the box has been opened and the protection cover was removed off the phone. Its a shame because i realllllly like the red PP and spend the last 36 hours to play and set it up.

Anyhow, just another reason to retune the phone and get a new one
    01-11-15 06:09 PM
    Another issue to report on my PP...it seems like the battery drains very quickly. I took it off the charger this am at 7am and it's already down to 82% and I haven't used it other than to check my hub notifications. This is surprising since everyone raves about the battery being a beast.

My keyboard is really slow...takes seconds for the words I type to catch up.

Is this normal?
    01-12-15 08:03 AM
    Can you take a screenshot of your device monitor on battery page and post it here?

Settings, app manager, device monitor

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-12-15 08:09 AM
    I did that. I was coming from an android so I didn't switch from another BlackBerry. Amazon is sending me a replacement. Thanks for the assistance!
    This is one of the reasons I love Amazon. They send the replacement first! The very first thing I bought from them was the Matrix HD-DVD collection. One of the discs was faulty and I thought I would have to eat the cost because "how else could a brand new, sealed DVD stop working unless it was mishandled?"

A friend convinced me to file an exchange so I did, expecting a hassle and little else but was surprised when a package arrived the very next day, no questions asked. Mind blown, love felt, loyalty earned.

As to the OP's issue, it sounds like a corrupt install. It might be fixed with a full autoloader if it was just the software but not a hardware fault like bad Flash or RAM.
    01-12-15 08:45 AM
    Here are the screen shots of everything in my device monitor section.Is My Passport a Dud?-device-monitor-2.jpgIs My Passport a Dud?-device-monitor-3.jpgIs My Passport a Dud?-device-monitor-4.jpgIs My Passport a Dud?-device-monitor-5.jpgIs My Passport a Dud?-device-monitor.jpg Now it's down to 66% and I've been in a meeting since 9:30 and it was sitting on my desk.
    01-12-15 09:30 AM
    Another issue to report on my PP...it seems like the battery drains very quickly. I took it off the charger this am at 7am and it's already down to 82% and I haven't used it other than to check my hub notifications. This is surprising since everyone raves about the battery being a beast.

My keyboard is really slow...takes seconds for the words I type to catch up.

Is this normal?
    Replace it. Everything you describe sounds like a dud. But welcome aboard. I just came back to BB from Android, too. Except needing to figure out a way to import a couple of calendars and both Informant and TuneIn Radio apparently needing Google services, I'm a happy camper.
    stacymarie1979 likes this.
    01-12-15 09:49 AM
    Great thing about Amazon is the hassle free returns or exchanging of merchandise bought through them.

In all honesty, if it was Shop Blackberry you wouldn't have had as smooth of a resolution.
    01-12-15 03:06 PM
    You simply have a lemon; glad Amazon is exchanging it for you. I have owned a Passport since launch and have no such issues except the occasional "focus" issues which I am hoping the next OS 10.3.1 will address..
    01-12-15 09:45 PM
    Lol at the suggestions coming in after this. Such a helpful lot. Glad you got a new one coming. Hopefully you will have better results.
    01-12-15 10:06 PM
    Why the hell should she have to do a security wipe on a phone that is ONE DAY OLD?

That's a ludicrous and shameful suggestion to a consumer.

"My new fan doesn't work!" - "Take it apart and re-solder the connections - it's only a day old so it's not a big deal and won't be dusty."

Sounds ridiculous - right? Take the PP back and get another one - if it's also a pile of junk then move onto a better platform. If BB can't get their flagship phone delivered in a functioning capacity then they don't deserve to survive.
    01-13-15 11:22 AM
26 12