Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    my blackberry passport does not detect any signal from wifi, I already tried to repair restoring the software and hard reset but the problem persists and I do not know what to do, very stressful
    11-09-18 03:51 AM
    If a clear install of the OS without restoring any data didn't fix it.... it's a hardware issue.
    11-09-18 10:54 AM
    but it worked normally before and stopped simply from detecting wifi networks, not even manually is connecting now ... I thought of installing a previous OS version again, does it solve or should I try to restore the cellphone to the factory default again?
    11-09-18 11:07 AM
    What OS version are you currently on?

Did you try reinstalling the OS clean using an autoloader?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    Last edited by ppeters914; 11-10-18 at 10:08 AM.
    11-09-18 04:41 PM
    I am with OS 10.3.2.2639, I did the restoration through BB link the software is with version 10.3.2.2474 ...
    11-09-18 06:53 PM
    I'm almost giving up the device since the wifi does not work although the signal from the SIM card works perfectly, but I constantly use the Wifi, I've already done an update with an outloader to see if it solved but it did not work at all, maybe it's really a hardware problem on Wifi even though it works normally, or it may also be that it does not detect the frequency of the routers here
    11-10-18 03:09 PM
    I'm almost giving up the device since the wifi does not work although the signal from the SIM card works perfectly, but I constantly use the Wifi, I've already done an update with an outloader to see if it solved but it did not work at all, maybe it's really a hardware problem on Wifi even though it works normally, or it may also be that it does not detect the frequency of the routers here
    Why don't you try the latest OS which is 10.3.3.3216? If you are on 10.3.2.x you are using an old OS. What have you got to lose?
    11-10-18 03:35 PM
    Okay, I'll try and bring it back.
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-10-18 04:06 PM
    Even after the update the problem persists, and now I realized that besides the wifi the bluetooth is also not detecting nearby devices, I believe that it really has some defect in the hardware of the phone, I will take in an assistance to see if they solve my problem since after resets and updates the problem persists
    11-12-18 09:21 AM
    Even after the update the problem persists, and now I realized that besides the wifi the bluetooth is also not detecting nearby devices, I believe that it really has some defect in the hardware of the phone, I will take in an assistance to see if they solve my problem since after resets and updates the problem persists
    Sounds like the hardware is broke, indeed.
    11-12-18 12:45 PM
    It seems that the Broadcom BCM4339XKUBG component which is a wifi + bluetooth + radio fm module that is faulty or something related to it, unfortunately I do not have the tools needed to detect the problem, I will be required to pay to do the service and look for a card with a similar module to the sale to replace my defective one
    11-12-18 01:52 PM
    You mentioned reinstalling using Link. Did you try a clean install using an autoloader?
    11-12-18 04:14 PM
    yes, I tried with two different versions one old and one more recent and I made a third one that went to 10.3.3.3216, none of them solved my problem, I thought it was only the wifi that did not work and after I turned the bluetooth on to watch with my smart clock LEMFO LEM6 realized that neither bluetooth is detecting anything, after I saw an electrical scheme of the passport board I noticed that the component that controls the wifi is the same for bluetooth and radio that is not working either, I sincerely gave up to look for solutions in the software because it is clear that it is not in him that is the problem, I am using the 4G for now, I am speaking for him by the way.
    Last edited by Alcides Junior2; 11-13-18 at 05:40 AM. Reason: yes, I tried with two different versions one old and one more recent and I made a third one that went to 10.3.3.3216, none of
    11-13-18 05:36 AM
    The antenna is in the back cover and connects through some 'pins' to the mainboard so proper connection is only when the cover is properly attached. When the cover is removed the signal is lost. Maybe contact is poor. Did you disassemble your Passport before it happened? Check connections between the back cover and the 'main unit'...
    11-16-18 03:48 AM
    I opened and checked the connections I gave a raise to make more contact and still the wifi signal, radio and bluetooth do not appear or continue to detect nothing, do you know the specific pin that sends the wifi signal to the board?
    11-19-18 08:32 AM