ok so it is a month out of warranty, it had the screen lift, and now my passport has refused to power up. It ran out of power last night, got in and put it on charge didn't even think to check. woke up late, no alarm. Look at phone, and find it dead as a doornail, even though it has been connected to the official charger supplied with the phone all night long.

It is ironic that every bb10 phone I have bought in the last few years, not one of them has lasted me as long as my Bold 9900, which is still going strong as a work phone in the time 3 bb10 phones have let me down - a Q10 with double type, a Z30 with an intermittent signal issue, and now a passport which has bricked itself. The build quality of these things is shocking, and frankly Blackberry is not the company it once was.

I didn't expect a premium priced phone to fall apart and break down in less than a year. Apalled. Coupled with the way BB10 has been under marketed, under sold, OS development under supported and 3rd party developers treated disgracefully, frankly I'm at the end of it with this company.
    FalkirkEagle likes this.
    10-20-15 03:49 PM
    I would be upset too, vote with your wallet. The screen lift issue is terrible, it has stopped me from ordering the passport along with BlackBerrys questionable future making BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 04:00 PM
    Willing to sell the passport? Lol

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    10-20-15 05:12 PM
    Every BB I have owned has performed Perfect and I have been so happy with mine and the past few my Z30, ATT Passport, ATT Classic have all been bought from CB members!

If you had issues you should of sent it or them back for warranty work. I know Apple and Samsung Never has issues, ya right! Every phone maker has issues but you don't hear about their crappy products only Blackberry!

i get so sick of people ***** ing about BB, if you have a issue under warranty get them fixed or replaced!!
    ots1960 likes this.
    10-20-15 05:26 PM
    That is a bad experience and I certainly wouldn't blame you for not buying another blackberry. I've always had to go through several before finding the one that is perfect. I will say that my q10 lasted for two years. That was the exception in my history with BlackBerry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    A_Aviator_A likes this.
    10-20-15 06:32 PM
    The problem comes from no communication. An issue for me at least is passport se restart issue...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 07:19 PM
    Nothing will ever have a build quality like the BOLD
    andy957 and AllanQuatermain like this.
    10-20-15 07:27 PM
    I agree, especially the last Bold 9900. I had that phone for a while. I also owned the 9000, 9700 and 9780. Although many have had issues with their Q10, mine is rock solid like the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gus; 10-20-15 at 09:09 PM.
    andy957 and AllanQuatermain like this.
    10-20-15 08:49 PM
    If it is died just like that, you have all the reason to rant...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:40 PM
    The 9900 was tops but I have to put in a good word for the 9810 Torch II. Got it in 2011 still runs like a tank.

My family has 3 Z30's. I've had to replace the screen 2x on my brother's phone. One time on my phone. Plus a new middle frame for my phone because the proximity sensor went out.

But one good thing about the Z30 vs Passport is the it's built with screws not glue. And changing out all the things that can go wrong is very easy.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-20-15 10:49 PM
    Every BB I have owned has performed Perfect and I have been so happy with mine and the past few my Z30, ATT Passport, ATT Classic have all been bought from CB members!

If you had issues you should of sent it or them back for warranty work. I know Apple and Samsung Never has issues, ya right! Every phone maker has issues but you don't hear about their crappy products only Blackberry!

i get so sick of people ***** ing about BB, if you have a issue under warranty get them fixed or replaced!!
    and I'm sick of people who don't read - its the opening line, I said it is one month outside of warranty. No come back on it.
    TomatoPaste and DrBoomBotz like this.
    10-21-15 02:15 AM
    and I'm sick of people who don't read - its the opening line, I said it is one month outside of warranty. No come back on it.
    Was looking forward to the Priv but the build quality is in the toilet. I had double type issues with my bold 9780, bold 9900, Q10 and now a dead mic on my Z30. The phones should be built with better quality. The "I get so sick of people ****ing on BB, just warranty the phone" crowd obviously never went through the BB warranty process.

Even if it were within warranty, the warranty process is a joke. I started the process on Sep 30 and yesterday, Oct 20, I gave up. I have resigned myself to simply throw the phone in the garbage. The process started easily enough filling out a form on the website.

Then someone emailed me back and asked a few more questions. I answer them and then they tell me the next step is to make a test call and upload logs. Did that. Waited for their "analyst to review the logs". They came back inconclusive. Then I was asked to schedule a call with a blackberry rep who didn't call me back making me wait 3 hours for nothing. They finally call me the next day and confirm there is a mic issue.

Then, I am told I have to reload the phone to factory and do the test again... The reload process had to be done through link which didn't work, it wouldn't download the software (stuck at 67% every time). Wasted about 8 hours trying to reload the phone.

Finally get it reloaded and do the test. Yup, it's still broken. They finally admit it is broken but I still have to schedule ANOTHER call so they can transfer me to RMA department.

I arrange to make the call, wait on the phone for 10-15 mins in silence while the rep reads the notes. Then he comes back and says I have to transfer you to RMA department. No sh**! Comes back after a few minutes and says RMA department is unavailable and they need to reschedule a call back in 1 or 2 hours. I was not going to stay up until 1am waiting for a call back especially since I was stood up by them before.

I ask why can't they process the RMA through email as we have been largely communicating through email up to this point. Keep in mind, my phone is broken and every time I call them or wait for their call I need to borrow a phone. Their answer is simply, that is their process. They MUST speak to me to initiate the RMA process.

I had enough. Despite having owned 11 different blackberries in the last 8 or 9 years and being excited about the new Priv, my next phone will not be a blackberry. Most likely going Android.
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    10-21-15 09:40 AM
    Was looking forward to the Priv but the build quality is in the toilet. I had double type issues with my bold 9780, bold 9900, Q10 and now a dead mic on my Z30. The phones should be built with better quality. The "I get so sick of people ****ing on BB, just warranty the phone" crowd obviously never went through the BB warranty process.

Even if it were within warranty, the warranty process is a joke. I started the process on Sep 30 and yesterday, Oct 20, I gave up. I have resigned myself to simply throw the phone in the garbage. The process started easily enough filling out a form on the website.

Then someone emailed me back and asked a few more questions. I answer them and then they tell me the next step is to make a test call and upload logs. Did that. Waited for their "analyst to review the logs". They came back inconclusive. Then I was asked to schedule a call with a blackberry rep who didn't call me back making me wait 3 hours for nothing. They finally call me the next day and confirm there is a mic issue.

Then, I am told I have to reload the phone to factory and do the test again... The reload process had to be done through link which didn't work, it wouldn't download the software (stuck at 67% every time). Wasted about 8 hours trying to reload the phone.

Finally get it reloaded and do the test. Yup, it's still broken. They finally admit it is broken but I still have to schedule ANOTHER call so they can transfer me to RMA department.

I arrange to make the call, wait on the phone for 10-15 mins in silence while the rep reads the notes. Then he comes back and says I have to transfer you to RMA department. No sh**! Comes back after a few minutes and says RMA department is unavailable and they need to reschedule a call back in 1 or 2 hours. I was not going to stay up until 1am waiting for a call back especially since I was stood up by them before.

I ask why can't they process the RMA through email as we have been largely communicating through email up to this point. Keep in mind, my phone is broken and every time I call them or wait for their call I need to borrow a phone. Their answer is simply, that is their process. They MUST speak to me to initiate the RMA process.

I had enough. Despite having owned 11 different blackberries in the last 8 or 9 years and being excited about the new Priv, my next phone will not be a blackberry. Most likely going Android.
    Yes, BlackBerrys warranty is horrible. I would of done the same thing that you did. Throw it in the trash and probably never buy a BlackBerry again. The BlackBerrys that I had issues with were purchased from my carrier and getting it fixed was a big hassle. I can't imagine dealing with BlackBerry directly and shipping the phone back.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 09:47 AM
    I started the process on Sep 30 and yesterday, Oct 20, I gave up. I have resigned myself to simply throw the phone in the garbage.
    Which variant of the Z30 is it? If it's the STA100-5 let me know if you decide to sell it.
    10-21-15 10:07 AM
    Are BlackBerry phones now more unreliable than other phones? Just about every one I know has an iPhone and I can not recall any failures amongst my circle of friends.

My Z10 works fine. It does not handle mapping very well - it runs hot. That is the only problem so far ( besides the poor battery and some app hiccups).

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 10:28 AM
    Are BlackBerry phones now more unreliable than other phones? Just about every one I know has an iPhone and I can not recall any failures amongst my circle of friends.

My Z10 works fine. It does not handle mapping very well - it runs hot. That is the only problem so far ( besides the poor battery and some app hiccups).

Posted via CB10
    In my circle, I've only had to fix 1 BlackBerry 10. The Q5 my mom smashed in my glove compartment. My nieces have had their iPhones in for sticky button/smashed screen repairs a collective 4 times. The last trip for a repair to the Apple store inspired my niece to switch to Samsung. No Android repairs so far in my family

In my experience BlackBerry 10 is no worse or better than others. Just probably a worse experience if you do need warranty.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 12:05 PM
    In my circle, I've only had to fix 1 BlackBerry 10.
    I've also had very good luck -- trackball Bold something-something, Bold 9900 that I still use, Z10, Z30, and now Passport SE. The only problem I ever had was unannounced restarts on the Z10 -- which I solved by simply rebooting th phone myself every night.

Of the several iPhone owners I know, only one has not had a cracked face at some point.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    10-21-15 12:25 PM
    I have had 3 Blackberrys, Z10, Q5 and a Passport and have no trouble with them. Also had an 8520 and had no trouble! So I don't know if I have been lucky or what, but I would buy another BlackBerry as soon as I can!!

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    10-21-15 01:04 PM

Not trying to be insensitive here but I can't take your claims at face value. All those BlackBerrys having issues is a complete anamoly. I have owned several blackberrys myself and never ran into any major hardware problems because I take good care of them. If they happen to deteriorate in quality then it is solely based on the fact with poor upkeep by the owner.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    10-21-15 07:39 PM
    I will buy the Passport from you for parts. How much do you want?
    10-21-15 07:45 PM
    ok so it is a month out of warranty, it had the screen lift, and now my passport has refused to power up. It ran out of power last night, got in and put it on charge didn't even think to check. woke up late, no alarm. Look at phone, and find it dead as a doornail, even though it has been connected to the official charger supplied with the phone all night long.

It is ironic that every bb10 phone I have bought in the last few years, not one of them has lasted me as long as my Bold 9900, which is still going strong as a work phone in the time 3 bb10 phones have let me down - a Q10 with double type, a Z30 with an intermittent signal issue, and now a passport which has bricked itself. The build quality of these things is shocking, and frankly Blackberry is not the company it once was.

I didn't expect a premium priced phone to fall apart and break down in less than a year. Apalled. Coupled with the way BB10 has been under marketed, under sold, OS development under supported and 3rd party developers treated disgracefully, frankly I'm at the end of it with this company.
    Hi,

I'd also like to buy the Passport for parts. Bbm me, please? pin:2BF2783F

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 07:54 PM
    Bottom line is this. Its electronics and it will break. Since first owning a Blackberry in 2007 I looked into what it would take to do a repair on a Curve. I was confident I could repair anything that went wrong and after 2.5 years of heavy beatings, I never had to do anything but change a couple track balls.

The same kind of factorys build these things with the same kind of factory workers. Can we have phones made in Canada and pay those people alot of money? HELL NO WE CANT. I wont buy a $1000 Passport.
    10-21-15 08:05 PM
    Bottom line is this. Its electronics and it will break. Since first owning a Blackberry in 2007 I looked into what it would take to do a repair on a Curve. I was confident I could repair anything that went wrong and after 2.5 years of heavy beatings, I never had to do anything but change a couple track balls.

The same kind of factorys build these things with the same kind of factory workers. Can we have phones made in Canada and pay those people alot of money? HELL NO WE CANT. I wont buy a $1000 Passport.
    True but I suspect that some phone makers spend more money on design and testing than others.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 11:24 PM
    Not trying to be insensitive here but I can't take your claims at face value. All those BlackBerrys having issues is a complete anamoly. I have owned several blackberrys myself and never ran into any major hardware problems because I take good care of them. If they happen to deteriorate in quality then it is solely based on the fact with poor upkeep by the owner.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    There is nothing wrong with the way I "upkeep" my phones. In fact, when I sell them over a year later, I've had people ask me if it is new. As I have said, I have owned 11 blackberries. If my problem was the "upkeep", why is it that only the newer phones had issues? Why is it my older phones were great?

To say that blackberries with issues is an anomaly is simply being stupid. the double type issue is very well documented on these forums. Even the mic issue on the Z30 had been reported.

Which variant of the Z30 is it? If it's the STA100-5 let me know if you decide to sell it.
    yes it is the STA100-5. However, I won't be selling it online. Too many scammers.
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    10-22-15 02:39 PM
    yes it is the STA100-5. However, I won't be selling it online. Too many scammers.
    Understood. But if you ever do change your mind, keep me in mind.

Right now I'm trying to decide between keeping either the LG G3 or MotoX 2nd gen, both I have at home currently, or to spring for a new Z30.
    10-22-15 02:57 PM
36 12