My Passport comes tomorrow - after months of debating, finally getting bored of my iPhone and looking at the PP I finally receive mine tomorrow.

I've ordered some screen protectors off Amazon but no case - is a case needed or is build quality good enough not to use one? I personally don't use a case for my 6+ and it is almost pristine.

What's first? What should I do the minute that Passport boots up and starts to rock and roll?
    08-11-15 03:23 PM
    I use it without any case, so far so good, but when u put it in your pocket, make sure the screen is facing inside.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:29 PM
    Drink some beer and have fun with it i got mine yesterday and loving it
    08-11-15 03:32 PM
    Firstly, you'll find out that 95% apps are not upgraded anymore, are crappy, poor etc and you'll start to find alternatives. Then you'll find that Android apps are not working correctly most of the times and you'll be disappointed.

PP is good phone with huge potential but that's all. A lot of phones are much better.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-11-15 03:33 PM
    Firstly, you'll find out that 95% apps are not upgraded anymore, are crappy, poor etc and you'll start to find alternatives. Then you'll find that Android apps are not working correctly most of the times and you'll be disappointed.

PP is good phone with huge potential but that's all. A lot of phones are much better.

Posted via CB10

What a DOWNER! OP, don't worry it is not as bad as this guy would like you to believe. Anyway, to answer your question, probably one of the first things to do is to install the Google Play store or Snap so that you can have access to many apps that DO work well!
    08-11-15 03:49 PM
    I'm also awaiting for my shipping details, can't wait for my pp to come in. I sold my iphone 6 plus for it haha . Anyhow to the above poster, does google play store cause android services to always run in the background?
    08-11-15 04:08 PM
    Which one did you order? The original Passport has the most choices for case design, and has good build quality.

Of course dropping it on its corner or screen could leave you with a damaged phone.

When you first get it, you should use it as much as possible to train yourself on the keyboard and its gestures. It's a really cool experience, so you just have to "dive in" and start using it for everything.
    08-11-15 06:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about? I have had the opposite experience.

Posted via CB10
    traprjohn likes this.
    08-11-15 09:52 PM
    So what's this issue there talking about above with all the apps?
    08-11-15 09:54 PM
    Just enjoy it you don't need a case if your careful but if anything gets dropped it gets marks on it that's with all phones. To the guy that is a downer I'm sure if he has had an iPhone and has been looking at BlackBerry he knows about the app difference nobody gets a BlackBerry thinking they are going to be strapped with apps. Also op I have the original pp but it's really not that hard to use one handed like everyone says unless my hands are bigger then I think they are. Enjoy your new device

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:04 PM
    So what's this issue there talking about above with all the apps?
    If you compare the apps on Blackberry to an equivalent app on the iPhone, the Blackberry apps have less features and are not being updated to be equivalent to the iPhone apps. One I deal with is the Tripit Travel app, it works very well on the iPhone, not so much on the Blackberry. I still have my iPhone and use it still because a lot of stuff plain does not work. The Passport is an awesome phone, it would be even better is stuff worked on it.
    08-12-15 05:34 AM
    I just ordered a Passport (white) and a Ringke Fusion case (smoked) to go with it. I like to use a case of some sort without adding bulk to PP's already rather substantial size, hope I picked wisely.
    08-12-15 05:41 AM
    Productivity = BB10, Entertainment = iOS. I have both, and thats what im thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-12-15 05:48 AM
    First thing is to smell new unboxing scent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-12-15 05:49 AM
    First thing you should do is to check the addressee name...

...mine is still not delivered...

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 06:19 AM
    Download the Playstore and install your favorite apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 06:22 AM
    I always tweak my settings once I've got all my contacts squared away no matter which phone. BlackBerry phones may not have all the apps that you're used to but if you need a productivity workhorse then I'm sure you'll be more than satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    mizzez93 likes this.
    08-12-15 06:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Far from it. I have a Passport besides this Z10. It's not like that AT ALL!

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-12-15 06:41 AM
    First thing to do is download Intouch contact app on your iphone. Sync your contacts and then do the same as soon your passport loads up. Next download the 3 files needed for Google play store through cobalt method and then enjoy. I myself download most apps from play store as they have more features like 9gag, instagram, my bank apps.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport superphone
    08-12-15 07:07 AM
    First, I don't have much for fanboys of any phone or phone ecosystem. I personally don't like the way Apple makes you do things, it just pisses me off. I do use an iPAD mini every day for work because I have to. I also don't like Google for their infrastructure tracking though I do use Google for searching because I have the best experience there. I won't purchase a phone without Micro SDXC Card Support.

Now, to answer the question asked, the first thing I would do is update the OS to 10.3.2.2339 (which is software release 10.3.2.2226). Search the BB10 Beta Forum here and ask questions there if you get confused.

Note: BlackBerry Secure can make your phone unusable if you lose your password and / or your BlackBerry ID. Make sure you never forget those things. BlackBerry is all about security and this is part of that.

As for the app issue, if you want a gaming machine you may have issues or be disappointed because of the shape of the screen. Also, some games really stress the runtime which runs the battery down fast. I use my phone for productivity so that isn't an issue for me.

The Android apps I have installed are and work well ...

APK Permission Remover (Recommended)
    Amazon (Pre Installed)
    Amazon App Store (Pre Installed)
    Amazon Kindle
    Barclaycard
    Bluelink
    Car Finder
    Fing
    Flixter
    Gas Buddy
    Google Maps
    Hardware Info
    Health For Me
    Heartland Mobuyle Restaurant (Credit Card App)
    Heartland Mobuyle Retail (Credit Card App)
    JaxFCU Mobile360
    Mayo Clinic
    Mega
    Mercury Portal
    My Winn Dixie
    Package Tracker Pro
    Pitch Pipe Pro
    Publix
    Speedtest
    Starbucks
    Target Cartwheel
    The Score
    WiFi Analyzer

Some Android apps don't run well in the runtime. It is what it is.

I use APK Permission Remover to remove the ability for all Android apps to run in background to improve battery life.

Lastly, welcome to the community of Passport users. As you can see we are passionate and sometimes irrational. I have found the Passport experience to be awesome for me and it does what I need to get things done. Others have not or sit on the sidelines and complain about something they don't have experience with.

Enjoy your new Passport!

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 2.798 to 2.2204 to 2339
    valiant29 likes this.
    08-12-15 07:15 AM
    Open the box.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 ftw!!
    08-12-15 07:17 AM
    What a DOWNER! OP, don't worry it is not as bad as this guy would like you to believe. Anyway, to answer your question, probably one of the first things to do is to install the Google Play store or Snap so that you can have access to many apps that DO work well!
    Bro u couldn't have said it better.
    08-12-15 07:17 AM
    Enjoy it n don't listen to bull**** advice

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 07:18 AM
    First, i'd open the box
    08-12-15 07:30 AM
    My Passport comes tomorrow - after months of debating, finally getting bored of my iPhone and looking at the PP I finally receive mine tomorrow.

I've ordered some screen protectors off Amazon but no case - is a case needed or is build quality good enough not to use one? I personally don't use a case for my 6+ and it is almost pristine.

What's first? What should I do the minute that Passport boots up and starts to rock and roll?
    First find your device id, then create a BlackBerry world login and password. Both of these will serve as your unique id from now on. And make sure you deregister your iPhone or you'll be in imessage hell. People will still send you imessages which won't come forth on your BlackBerry. Make sure you inform all of your iPhone users to use regular text messaging and mms.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-13-15 at 09:20 AM.
    08-13-15 09:09 AM
45 12