Was replying to someone on here just now, looked up at the screen and what I'd typed made no sense at all... Realised loads of letters were missing. Thinking I'd not been paying attention, I started the message again - same thing. The ASDFG buttons are not working. On anything, text messages, what's app - everything. They've totally stopped working. I turned the phone off, restarted 3 times, they don't work.

So angry. I got it in Selfridges yesterday and it's a 50 min drive, plus there's no saying they still have stock now. Really upset, I'd just got it all how I wanted it.

Anyone else had any keypad issues or suggestions on what I can do to fix or is it gonna be a case of return and swap?!
    lift likes this.
    09-25-14 10:10 AM
    Was replying to someone on here just now, looked up at the screen and what I'd typed made no sense at all... Realised loads of letters were missing. Thinking I'd not been paying attention, I started the message again - same thing. The ASDFG buttons are not working. On anything, text messages, what's app - everything. They've totally stopped working. I turned the phone off, restarted 3 times, they don't work.

So angry. I got it in Selfridges yesterday and it's a 50 min drive, plus there's no saying they still have stock now. Really upset, I'd just got it all how I wanted it.

Anyone else had any keypad issues or suggestions on what I can do to fix or is it gonna be a case of return and swap?!
    Do a battery pull. Take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in. Failing that take the battery out and plug the power into the device and see if it powers up without the battery being inside; if it does see if it's still broken.
    kevets, dblekberi and Baked like this.
    09-25-14 10:12 AM
    Please post a video of your passport with issues

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:13 AM
    Do a battery pull. Take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in. Failing that take the battery out and plug the power into the device and see if it powers up without the battery being inside; if it does see if it's still broken.
    You can't remove the battery... OP do a hard reset. Hold the volume buttons for 10 secs

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-25-14 10:15 AM
    I'll be the first to apologize saying I'm wrong when I actually see prove of this "passport" you have that has this problem
    09-25-14 10:16 AM
    I'll be the first to apologize saying I'm wrong when I actually see prove of this "passport" you have that has this problem
    Not sure why I would lie about it - what exactly would I gain? I'm not here to get attention or hate on it.

Anyway, seems as you don't believe me I've taken a video. So if you could be as quick to tell me how to attach a video in here as you are to doubt I'd appreciate it.
    09-25-14 10:28 AM
    You do realize that the battery is built it right? All new BB will no longer have removable batteries.
    09-25-14 10:29 AM
    Not sure why I would lie about it - what exactly would I gain? I'm not here to get attention or hate on it.

Anyway, seems as you don't believe me I've taken a video. So if you could be as quick to tell me how to attach a video in here as you are to doubt I'd appreciate it.
    upload to youtube and paste the link in here
    or save it on a cloud and paste the link here
    09-25-14 10:32 AM
    So the person has a Passport which has a problem (things like this do happen) and is sharing what's happening. Yet they have to prove to you in some facet or you don't believe it to be so? Honestly get out of the house for a bit and get a life.
    09-25-14 10:33 AM
    Wait a minute, is the OP seriously being questioned here?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:35 AM
    It's cool, the vid is uploading to YouTube as I type (on my ipad - urgh virtual keyboards suck after using the PP) so I can prove myself to these doubters. Sigh. I just want my PP to work
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-25-14 10:38 AM
    OP, did you try BlackBerry support? When you got the passport, in the box is included free support to help you. Try that

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:39 AM
    It's cool, the vid is uploading to YouTube as I type (on my ipad - urgh virtual keyboards suck after using the PP) so I can prove myself to these doubters. Sigh. I just want my PP to work
    Did you do the hard reset? Hold volume buttons for 10 seconds?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-25-14 10:40 AM
    Be NICE Guys,op claim the warranty in my opinion is the best to do

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and kbz1960 like this.
    09-25-14 10:41 AM
    Apology would be great now then, please.

09-25-14 10:45 AM
    You clearly don't have a passport hahaha But OP use the one month free customer support and give BlackBerry a call. They might just send you a new one.

Posted via CB10
    bizzyqu and 2c like this.
    09-25-14 10:46 AM
    OP were maybe installing anything or running in anything in the background?
    Was there anything you can think of that you were doing before the issue started?
    In the keyboard settings on the device is there an option to clear the learned words?
    I'm not sure how different kb settings on the Passport would be compared to full touch.
    It would suck if it was faulty out the box, but these things do happen with electronic devices, you may have just been the unfortunate individual who got the lemon

Guys lay off, what's been said has been said. It's not unusual for people to question statements and the OP has been gracious enough to comply, let it go and stop derailing the thread.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    BigAl_BB9900 and NYTOC83 like this.
    09-25-14 10:48 AM
    I can't get into my device, the password begins with an A which is just brilliant seeing as that's one of the buttons that doesn't work.
    09-25-14 10:51 AM
    Bad luck, I would be furious if my new toy was like that.......try to relax and return it ...?

Posted via CB10
    Apology would be great now then, please.

I will suggest you return it and claim warranty. That's my best bet.
    Aneres11 and robert_in_la like this.
    Have you tried restart op? Or do security wipe if that software problem

If hardware problem can't be solved

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:52 AM
    Looks like hardware problem.

Op before you take back for replacement - you should be able to connect to a pc or mac and connect using your password on the pc - backup anything that was precious to you over the past day or that you copied from another device to the passport.

You should be able to also completely wipe the device from the PC after taking backup.
    09-25-14 10:55 AM
    I can't get into my device, the password begins with an A which is just brilliant seeing as that's one of the buttons that doesn't work.
    Oh wow that really sux
    Have you tried maybe plugging it into a pc and trying to unlock it like that?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-25-14 10:59 AM
    Just great another botched launch with faulty keys, my fears of double typing and other problems are slowly coming true.

Anything made from Blackberry in-house lacks any decent quality control and this is why I raised this issue when pre-launch and you guys banned me for it cause it was "trolling"....

Even right now people accused the OP of being a troll. This forum is unbelievable, just as bad as the Apple fanboys.

Yes I would have prefered if Foxconn built it. They know how to mass produce competently with little or no defects. Passport inventory isn't high and already there are lemons??? Seriously blackberry!
    OK calm down. Declaring a botched launch one one reported instance is being over dramatic.

Not saying this will not be a repeat of Q10 issues but let's not put the cart before the horse. Let's get data first and then dump on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:01 AM

You do not have to prove anything to anyone. If he does not believe you, so be it. He will not fix your phone (or do anything to fix the situation) by proving to him it is not working.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your new phone. I hope you get it resolved without much grievances.

Best wishes!

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900, TGR1 and Aneres11 like this.
    09-25-14 11:07 AM
116 123 ...