Battery pull??? 1) - it's BB10, 2) it's a Passport.
    1. z10 2.q10 ?
    09-26-14 12:14 AM
    I'm glad OP is on the way to a new Passport!

I don't have any experience with Canadian returns, but I hope this thread is significant in that it is a continuation of threads about what to do if your BlackBerry keyboard (or anything else) malfunctions.

Now, I have a strong preference for all-touch devices, but everyone on the forum has seen keyboard threads on double entering, or dead keys, or whatever. Is there any sense that there is a central problem with keyboards that is causing these issues?

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-26-14 01:51 AM
    Hey Missy - no it didn't make a difference.

Seems this is a hardware defect, resetting the software or wiping to factory doesn't seem to do anything, sadly.

Just cannot understand it. Went from working absolutely fine, to me setting it on the arm of the chair next to me for a minute before picking it up to use and boom. No ASDFG keys.

Very strange.
    I'm really sorry to hear that Aneres.
    At least now you know with a bit more certainty.
    It sux when it happens, but it does happen. My first Z30 sim slot was faulty OTB, landed up having to exchange it for a new one. Nearly a year later and everything is right as rain.
    And you know they will exchange it for you, apart from the mission you'll have to make to the story, I think the story will still end well

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    Aneres11 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-26-14 01:58 AM
    Sad. Hope you get your replacement quick.
    Thays why I am waiting now before buying a BB10 phone. Got some problems with my early bought Q10.

Posted via my Z30
    09-26-14 02:08 AM
    You do realize that the battery is built it right? All new BB will no longer have removable batteries.
    Thanks for the update. I guess since my attention has moved away from BBRY to a leading smartphone that would explain why I didn't see this. lol
    09-26-14 02:22 AM
    May I ask if you have got in touch with the store where you purchased your BlackBerry Passport and complained about such serious defect?
    Sigh. Sorry if this comes across badly but please read the thread! Of course I have got in touch with the store. It's 8:20am here at the min and the manager from them department selling the Passport called me last night advising no stock is left in Slefridges Trafford Centre. However, there are 3 other Slefirdges stores in UK - one is London, so miles away. There's another in Manchester (where Trafford Centre store is) about 20 min from it, and another not too far in Birmingham.

She is waiting on a call from the people in charge of these phones at these stores to see if a replacement can be sent up to the Trafford Centre store for me to have. I won't know this until after 10am as that's when stores open.

Of there is no stock, I will be asking for a full refund and I'll either go and buy through car phone warehouse who are selling today too, or wait out for more stock.

Will keep everyone posted on what happens. Also, please enough with battery pulling!
    And yes, I've done hard, soft resets, reboots, wipes, everything - this is a HARDWARE defect.
    Thanks
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-26-14 02:24 AM
    Sigh. Sorry if this comes across badly but please read the thread! Of course I have got in touch with the store. It's 8:20am here at the min and the manager from them department selling the Passport called me last night advising no stock is left in Slefridges Trafford Centre. However, there are 3 other Slefirdges stores in UK - one is London, so miles away. There's another in Manchester (where Trafford Centre store is) about 20 min from it, and another not too far in Birmingham.

She is waiting on a call from the people in charge of these phones at these stores to see if a replacement can be sent up to the Trafford Centre store for me to have. I won't know this until after 10am as that's when stores open.

Of there is no stock, I will be asking for a full refund and I'll either go and buy through car phone warehouse who are selling today too, or wait out for more stock.

Will keep everyone posted on what happens. Also, please enough with battery pulling!
    And yes, I've done hard, soft resets, reboots, wipes, everything - this is a HARDWARE defect.
    Thanks
    Glad you can claim the warranty easily

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:32 AM
    Sigh. Sorry if this comes across badly but please read the thread!
    I can't believe people join a thread at such a high post #... and then suggest such an obvious 'try this'!

My view is that you've unfortunately picked a hardware-faulty Passport - it can happen (and usually to me!) with any electronic item. Your plan re. replacement, or refund and new purchase outside of Selfridge's, is the right one. Please keep this post updated of what happens - and thank you for posting your problem in such a reasoned manner (especially as I'm sure the early failure must have been so frustrating).

I - and the majority of other forum Crackberries - also appreciate your feedback and initial impressions that you've posted about your new Passport.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 02:40 AM

(...)

Thanks
    I agree, so keep us informed how it went!
    Good luck, I hope you get your replacement today so that you enjoy it at the week-end!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 02:50 AM

Thanks
    I believe carphone warehouse is only selling pre orders for monday or something like that.
    No harm in checking.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-26-14 04:26 AM
    Not sure if this will come in usefull but cheaper to BlackBerry Passport Sim Free
    09-26-14 05:58 AM
    upload to youtube and paste the link in here
    or save it on a cloud and paste the link here
    There really isn't a need to be this way. I feel bad for the OP ... sounds like they may have gotten a bum unit. It happens. I know someone with a bum iPhone 6 and had it replaced. I doubt the people of iMore are asking him to post a video to "prove" he's not trolling.

Post wasn't even inflamattory (ie. "How can BlackBerry stay in business with such quality control issues!!!???")
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-26-14 06:12 AM
    Glad you're getting it replaced OP. Defects happen in everything that is mass produced.
    09-26-14 06:32 AM
    You've caused enough offence in here. Maybe best just to think before posting? Just a thought.
    No I'm good thanks for the advice though

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:25 AM
    Good news!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-26-14 08:51 AM
    Not sure if this will come in usefull but cheaper to BlackBerry Passport Sim Free
    Another place is selling it even cheaper ;-)...440 uk pounds with delivery.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:53 AM
116 ... 345