Don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll get a replacement without wasting the warranty.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-25-14 03:20 PM
    Good lad the OP. Just ignore all the trolls and don't answer them. Update us on how it went with the replacement.
    Aneres11 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    09-25-14 03:20 PM
    i was at TC selfridges last night thanks to youre post saying they had some, went to see the passport and ended up buying it!!
    Could not get a nano sim as im on business so just got it cut and am enjoying it very much.

Firstly, so sad to hear about the phone, the woman there was very helpful she reserved mine for me and thats a good gesture youre being compensated.

Secondly ignore all these other idiotic kids, its good you came here and posted on the forum, atleast AS A PASSPORT OWNER i am now aware of the issue. Please keep us all updated with what happens. interesting to see how long it takes for you to get the replacement.

Was very surprised still no covers or cases!

Good luck buddy...
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-25-14 03:55 PM
    ... Also you can try Blackberry Virtual Expert app to test to keys.
    She can't try any app (including BBVE) because she is locked out of the device because her password begins with one of the broken keys.

Can a virtual keyboard be invoked on the Passport with a gesture? On the Z30, you can call up the virtual keyboard by a two-finger upward swipe from the bottom of the screen. OP has not mentioned trying this. I haven't seen this feature demonstrated on the Passport, but it could be worth a try to at least get the password entered.

OP plans to return the device tomorrow, so good luck with that process!

If there are more Passport issues, I have thought up this Twitter hash tag:

#Passporttohell

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-25-14 03:58 PM

What the sign says.
    09-25-14 03:58 PM
    Against my better judgment, I'm re-opening this thread. But be warned, it's on a very short leash.

[WARN]The OP of this thread is requesting help. If you have something constructive to offer, as many good-hearted members have, by all means feel free to contribute to the discussion.
    But if you're going to take this as an opportunity to bash the Passport, BlackBerry, its users or the members of this community, you'd best think twice before posting.

That is all.[/WARN]
    09-25-14 04:25 PM
    i was at TC selfridges last night thanks to youre post saying they had some, went to see the passport and ended up buying it!!
    Could not get a nano sim as im on business so just got it cut and am enjoying it very much.

Firstly, so sad to hear about the phone, the woman there was very helpful she reserved mine for me and thats a good gesture youre being compensated.

Secondly ignore all these other idiotic kids, its good you came here and posted on the forum, atleast AS A PASSPORT OWNER i am now aware of the issue. Please keep us all updated with what happens. interesting to see how long it takes for you to get the replacement.

Was very surprised still no covers or cases!

Good luck buddy...
    This is really great to read! So glad I could be of some help and you managed to get hold of one!
    How are you finding it?

I must admit, up until mine gained the problem its having with the keyboard, I wasn't sure on it.
    It does so much well, but it is also very big and I wasn't used to such a large phone.

But now, having had the evening without it, I have missed it! I just wanna start downloading all my apps and getting my music on it and playing with the device more.

I downloaded Netflix just before the phone gained it's problem and loaded up an episode of The Good Wife. My word it was flawless. So damn good and there was an option to make it full FULL screen! It lost some of the viewing at the sides, but damn, it looks amazing.

I miss my Passport
    Hopefully will get it exchanged in the morning.
    bakron1, Superfly_FR and jakie55 like this.
    09-25-14 05:07 PM
    Man that sucks, really hope you get it sorted and back to enjoying your awesome new device. Just bad luck I guess to get the duff unit....

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-25-14 05:11 PM
    I'd really be curious to know if wiping the phone makes any sort of difference?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-25-14 05:29 PM
    You can't remove the battery... OP do a hard reset. Hold the volume buttons for 10 secs

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I assumed that was sarcasm

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-25-14 05:46 PM
    Hey Missy - no it didn't make a difference.

Seems this is a hardware defect, resetting the software or wiping to factory doesn't seem to do anything, sadly.

Just cannot understand it. Went from working absolutely fine, to me setting it on the arm of the chair next to me for a minute before picking it up to use and boom. No ASDFG keys.

Very strange.
    Superfly_FR and greenberry666 like this.
    09-25-14 05:50 PM
    I wouldn't mess around and just get it replaced by Selfridges. Your in your statutory agreement anyway of 30 days return, if it goes beyond that your in to warrantee territory.
    Better just to lodge it with Selfridges as a fault, they'll probably ask you to just replicate the fault and then replace it, they may not even ask you to do that and just replace it anyway.
    What I would do though this time around to save yourself another wasted journey is fire up the new Passport when your in the store and check it all over first and make sure your happy with it before you leave.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-25-14 06:20 PM
    BlackBerry Virtual Expert was just updated today with specific Passport tests. One of them is the touch keyboard test. Try unlocking your device by connecting it to your PC and firing up Link...then try out the test.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:32 PM
    Seems this is a hardware defect, resetting the software or wiping to factory doesn't seem to do anything, sadly.

Just cannot understand it. Went from working absolutely fine, to me setting it on the arm of the chair next to me for a minute before picking it up to use and boom. No ASDFG keys.
    May I ask if you have got in touch with the store where you purchased your BlackBerry Passport and complained about such serious defect?
    09-25-14 06:49 PM
    This is really great to read! So glad I could be of some help and you managed to get hold of one!
    How are you finding it?

I must admit, up until mine gained the problem its having with the keyboard, I wasn't sure on it.
    It does so much well, but it is also very big and I wasn't used to such a large phone.

But now, having had the evening without it, I have missed it! I just wanna start downloading all my apps and getting my music on it and playing with the device more.

I downloaded Netflix just before the phone gained it's problem and loaded up an episode of The Good Wife. My word it was flawless. So damn good and there was an option to make it full FULL screen! It lost some of the viewing at the sides, but damn, it looks amazing.

I miss my Passport
    Hopefully will get it exchanged in the morning.
    Deffinately was all thanks to you i got one! I was generally browsing on web about the passport and came across that thread as i was on hold with carphone warehouse for ages with no joy!

I think you will be fine, that woman was very helpful. They will help as much as they can.
    It's awesome, i love it so much. Soooo easy to use and simple. Suprising thing is I'm still finding new things lol

Did you get a case for it or anything?
    I really need one as i can see my self dropping it.
    Yes it's big, but i think it's quirky enough to be lifesaving for BlackBerry. It has gusto and heart.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-25-14 07:52 PM
    If your within the return period, I would not claim warranty as you will get a refurbished unit, return it as DOA and get a new device, it sucks that it happened but sometimes with electronics these things happen.

Try hard reset first if you haven't done so.

Posted via CB10
    Its a couple of days old, how many refurbished are there by now?

Good advice though, this seems truly DOA
    09-25-14 08:10 PM
    Do a battery pull. Take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in. Failing that take the battery out and plug the power into the device and see if it powers up without the battery being inside; if it does see if it's still broken.
    What?? How can you do a battery pull in a Passport? Sorry, do you know the OP is talking about the Passport?
    09-25-14 08:53 PM
    @Aneres11, why are the numeric keys showing? Is the passport expecting you to enter (numeric) digits? Can you click on the hide numeric keypad and try entering the characters again?
    09-25-14 09:01 PM
    Did you try to bend it in front of a sheep?

Sorry just had to.
    09-25-14 09:09 PM
    Did you try to bend it in front of a sheep?

Sorry just had to.
    Lol, wish I would have thought of it at the time I bought mine

09-25-14 10:42 PM
    Another reason I am an all touch fan. Mechanical things wear out and break. Sorry buy Murphy's law states that Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Physical keys are susceptible to sticking, not working, double clicking, falling off, etc. Anyway, Sorry to hear about your new phone being broken.
    09-25-14 10:47 PM
    hey its a passport, non removable battery
    09-25-14 10:47 PM
    Do a battery pull. Take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in. Failing that take the battery out and plug the power into the device and see if it powers up without the battery being inside; if it does see if it's still broken.
    Battery pull??? 1) - it's BB10, 2) it's a Passport.
    09-25-14 11:48 PM
    Lol, wish I would have thought of it at the time I bought mine

(off topic, would not open a new thread... but Carjackd/the one who answers may be could)

Hi, can you please make a little review about using the keys? I often type the symbols for money currency, slash, percentage. Does thes automatically show up in the virtual row?
    Will I miss the [Alt] key? How are Capitals written?? By Long-pressing the key, what happens? Does accented keys/dotted letters then show up? (very common in german: a two dotted "a", a two dotten "o" etc.)

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-25-14 11:51 PM
    I can't get into my device, the password begins with an A which is just brilliant seeing as that's one of the buttons that doesn't work.

do a hard reset..
    09-26-14 12:13 AM
116 ... 2345